Project Ayu-MIX: D A Y B R E A K (Official Thread)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Project Ayu-MIX: D A Y B R E A K (Official Thread)

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:32 pm

This first post is to reflect the current status of the project for a quick glance. Refer to the following Post for the complete status and rules, etc.

Official Website for the project can be found Here:
http://www.projectayumix.com

Current Status:

Distribution file ready.

All members need to accept Colab status for Ayumix in your profiles. the video will become downloadable on Friday, Feburary 24th 2006.

Official release date: Feburary 24th 2006
Last edited by Bakadeshi on Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:07 am, edited 21 times in total.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:32 pm

Project Ayu-Mix Official Project Thread

Purpose: To create a stylized based Multi - Editor Project using the great Mixes found on Hamasaki Ayumi's singles.

=================================================================
Current Project Status:
Tracks being edited. Beta deadline is October 31st 2005. Final deadline is for Janurary 15th 2006.

Editing Tracks:

You will be using the MP3s linked in this page. I will replace with the HQ wav when I join the project together. If you have some problem with editing to Mp3 and absolutely need the wav, I can send it Via AIM. Contact me in that event.

When you are ready to submit the final track to me, it should be formatted as this:
Size: 720x480
Codec: Huffyuv (RGB Mode) if possible. Xvid Quantizer 1 (or 2 no B-frames) may be accepted if there is no alternative.
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
FrameRate: 24fps

Please Remember to Deinterlace your video properly. You may be asked to make changes to your track due to technical flaws. If you refuse to comply, you may be replaced.

While there is no Pressure to get done quickly, Hence the late deadline, You ARE expected to stay in contact with the rest of the project from time to time, so I know you are still in on the project. If I cannot reach you and there is no response to any emails/PMs etc I send, I may choose to replace you.

Posting of BETA tracks for feedback is Encouraged here in this thread, or via the Mailinglist at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/project_ayumix/, and all members are likewise encouraged to offer such feedback and constructive critisizm.

Please fill your entire audio segment with footage. The begining and last 1-2 seconds of your segment may be used for Transitions.

Project Details:

Anouncing Track1: Daybreak.
Here are the current segments:

Segment Listing:

0:00 - 0:41 - Introduction - Bakadeshi - Full Moon, Ayu Footage & Original Art
0:41 - 1:33 - Segment A (length: 0:56) - Warheart - X TV {Done.}
1:34 - 2:02 - Segment B (length: 0:30) - Kusoyaro - Getbackers {Done.}
2:03 - 2:38 - Segment C (length: 0:38) - Niotex - Karas {Done.}
2:39 - 3:03 - Segment D (length: 0:27) - lilgumba - Mezzo DSA {Done}
3:03 - 3:59 - Segment E (length: 0:58) - Bakadeshi - Kalaido star {Done}
4:00 - 4:54 - Segment F (length: 0:58) - Turboneko - Kiddygrade {Done}
4:55 - 5:53 - Segment G (length: 1:00) - xRinoa ( Nyuu ) & ZEST - Chrono Crusade{ Done.}
5:54 - 7:01 - Segment H (length: 1:11) - Silver_moon - Angelic Layer {Done.}
7:02 - 8:23 - Segment I (length: 1:25) - JCD - Appleseed {Done.}
8:24 - 9:22 - Segment J (length: 1:01) - LCY84 & Olw - Beyond the clouds {Done.}
9:23 - 9:57 - Segment K (length: 0:36) - godix - {Done.}
9:58 - 12:00 - End Credits - Bakadeshi - Various

WIP = Work in Progress

If you are listed as "Unknown Status" then I have not heard from you in a while, or are attempting to get in contact with you for an update. You need to contact me asap if you are one of these. After a while I may drop you from the track.

Orange status is minor problem. Green status is OK. Blue status is completed. Red status means work is either stalled for some reason, or track is currently not claimed.

The Mix: http://www.aunmv.com/ayu-mix/Project_Ay ... ybreak.mp3

(This is the same mix as the second beta released in the interest gauge thread, if you already have that one)

How to select segments:
Segments have already been asigned. If a slot opens up, first the backup editors from the first selection process will be contacted, then once that is exausted, the track will be listed as {unclaimed} in the track listing above, and you may then PM me to ask for the track.

Please note that I want Highest quality work for this project, thus the tentative deadline is set for December 31st, 2005 to give everyone ample time to work on their track. By joining, You are also accepting that we may ask you to rework your track (along with some suggestions if we have any) if we feel it is not up to the quality we want for the project. If you refuse, We reserve the right to remove you from the project and get someone else for the track. (Here, "we" being all members involved in the project. I want this to be a colaboration in all aspects of the project, including helping out with betas etc.)

Note: The above rule applies mostly to technical issues of the track, and not so much the editor's style of editing. Unless the video is just realy too plain for the style of the project, we won't be harsh on actual style, as this is supposed to be a project showcasing each editors choice style of editing. Mostly what we won't tolerate is ugly downloaded footage, Interlacing problems, etc that can be fixed with some technical nohow, and has nothing to do with the editors particular style.

All corespondance about the project Can be held right here in this thread, or via the Mailing list. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions related to the project.

Format Specifics:
Once track selections are over, the .Wav file for your segment will be made available to you. There will be about 1-2 seconds of "Merge zone" space that should be kept in mind when editing, I will use the first and last 1 - 2 seconds of footage in your segment to merge into the neighboring one. In some cases it may be a fade, or some other transition, or it may just cut streight to it, it will depend on the style of editing and other factors. Keep this in mind when editing.

There must be footage at the very begining and end of your track.
(I.E. don't fade your segment in from black or white, it may not work with the neighboring track)

Edit: The track audio files you will receive will already include this buffer zone in them so you can still edit with the beat. In otherwords, your track will repeat audio from the previous track for about 1-2 seconds or so, But ofcourse it will be merged seamlessly in the final project Encode.

Final encodes should be provided to me in Huffyuv as 24 fps Progressive, 720x480 resolution in 4:3 aspect ratio. Please Pan & scan your footage if using 16:9 aspect ratio. If you submit to me in 16:9 resolution, I will pan & scan it for you, but you may not get the exact areas of the scene in the video you want if I do it.

If Huffyuv is absolutely not possible, then the next best thing is High Bitrate Mjpeg or Quantizer=1 Xvid. I realy want Huffs though.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO DEINTERLACE YOUR FOOTAGE BEFORE EDITING!

Other Project details:

I intend to see this project to completion.

Audio, mixed by me, with some help from DrangedKreationz:

0:00-0:47 Daybreak Hal's Mix 2002
0:40-3:03 Opening Run - JK's Extended mix
3:03-6:34 I am... Night clubbers mix
6:30-8:26 no more words - turn up the break mix
8:23-10:00 I am... Huge Fairytale mix
10:00-12:00 Daybreak Hal's Mix 2002

All from Hamasaki Ayumi's Daybreak Single.

Project Ayu-mix sig banner(s):

(http://www.aunmv.com/ayumix-banner.jpg)

Ofcourse your welcome to make your own aswell.

Links and other Information:

My email: Bakadeshi@Aunmv.com
Project Ayu-Mix FTP: In the works
Project Ayu-Mic Yahoo Groups: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/project_ayumix/
Official Website: http://www.projectayumix.com
Last edited by Bakadeshi on Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 38 times in total.

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:34 pm

I'll be doing some emailing and PMing now on some of you, since I have not heard from a few of you guys in a while now. I'll update the track list status as I get updates on those I don't have information from.

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:19 pm

Sorry I haven't been as "up to date" as I could have been. As of now I have 20 seconds done, but I have just gotten a brand new computer, which is good and bad. It great cuz it's a really good new laptop, but it's bad because its a mac and all of my stuff is windows based. So I can't edit for a while. I'm looking to get a windows emulator within the next month or so and I'll be able to edit again, but for now I'm at a complete stand still. If it is getting to close to the end deadline and I still don't have an emulator (or have someother stupid reason for the incompletion of my track) then I will notify you and will try to help in anyway I can to get somebody else to edit or whatever. I'm very sorry about this delay, but PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME OFF THE LIST. If I can get this emulator within the next 2 months or so (which is probably gonna happen), then I will be editing again. Sorry about the delay.
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:39 pm

themaan wrote:Sorry I haven't been as "up to date" as I could have been. As of now I have 20 seconds done, but I have just gotten a brand new computer, which is good and bad. It great cuz it's a really good new laptop, but it's bad because its a mac and all of my stuff is windows based. So I can't edit for a while. I'm looking to get a windows emulator within the next month or so and I'll be able to edit again, but for now I'm at a complete stand still. If it is getting to close to the end deadline and I still don't have an emulator (or have someother stupid reason for the incompletion of my track) then I will notify you and will try to help in anyway I can to get somebody else to edit or whatever. I'm very sorry about this delay, but PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME OFF THE LIST. If I can get this emulator within the next 2 months or so (which is probably gonna happen), then I will be editing again. Sorry about the delay.
No prob, just keep me updated every now and then.

---------
Update:
---------

I've updated the project status to be current.

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:54 pm

unfortanly my replacement comp (a pos dell) is not completly ready for my editing. So give me roughly a month to get another hdd and more ram...could be as little as 2 weeks. If all goes as plans *crossing fingers* i will be done before the deadline or by the deadline.
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:43 pm

--------------
Update:
--------------

Mp3s for each track is now available for download from the Main post. See the track listing in the first/second post for the links.

Remember Deadline is in December 31st.

Oh yes, I will need some kind of footage from your video, a beta will do, by November 15th, (extending it a little from October 31st) I need them to make the credits and Opening segments. Also please be sure you can be committed to finishing the track by that time, since I would hate to have to go and change the credits after completeing them if you decide to drop out afterwards.

Please be assured I will finish this project even if I have to edit the rest of the tracks myself, (although I'm sure I can at least get people for a few of them, so I don't think that will ever be nessisary...) so please don't loose interest thinking it will never get done.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:17 pm

I would be interested in taking either track.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:15 am

Are there back-up editors to either of those two tracks? Seems like a cool music mix... I'm quite interested in this.

LCY84
Org Profile

Post by LCY84 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:19 am

Bakadeshi wrote:
8:24 - 9:22 - Segment J (length: 1:01) - LCY84 - Beyond the clouds {Done.}

.... in collaboration with Olw :wink:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”