Diary of a Mars...Volta

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Diary of a Mars...Volta

Postby mageofdeath » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:04 am

well seeing as how the 30 seconds to mars project is dead, I decided well why not make one about another one of my favorite bands mars volta, now I know what alot of people are thinking their songs are hella long, but thats ok cuz I'm not too bad with sound editing and think I can a pretty fluid song using about 10-16 tracks..
anyways I'll put together the track itself tomorrow using mostly material from de-loused and maybe some frances, prolly just a bit, and post the track here...
Ok I need a co-project head, he would need to be someone who is skilled with photoshop, and encoding, cuz I suck at XVid encoding and know the masses would appreciate that instead of .avi, mpeg, or wmv. As well as being organized and obviously a Mars Volta fan...
as far as the editors go I need somewhere between 10-16 editors, depending on how many segments I use for the track, but I know 16 people wont sign up in less than 24 hrs <.<, so I guess I'm ok...
Thnx and hope this will be good, also plzz, some amount of experience would be greatly appreciated...
*edit*
changed the comment about lp, and posted the link for the audio mix...
http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=05H80 ... XYGKHONYBK
Last edited by mageofdeath on Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mageofdeath
 
Joined: 10 Sep 2004

Postby -Xoninmuoshda- » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:33 am

im interested but can i trust you that this project will go through? i dont wanna make a video for a project that never gets released.
User avatar
-Xoninmuoshda-
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2003

Postby Kristyrat » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:40 am

I would definately be in

:up:
Image
User avatar
Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
 
Joined: 26 Sep 2004
Location: Igloo
Status: Lies and fish

Postby Otohiko » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:16 pm

I'd like to be in, but if it's happening anytime soon I likely won't be in my editing condition :(
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

Postby SuperFusion » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:15 pm

" if you've used a combo of lp and naruto/dbz in any of your vids, you are automatically ineligable for this project (don't really care how good it is)..."


Wow..., just wow..... Die. :roll:
SuperFusion
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2003
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Diary of a Mars...Volta

Postby -Xoninmuoshda- » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:18 pm

mageofdeath wrote:Thnx and hope this will be good, also plzz, if you've used a combo of lp and naruto/dbz in any of your vids, you are automatically ineligable for this project (don't really care how good it is)...


i can safely say that you are a prick.

i've used dbz in many of my videos some of them suck.. some of them are very good and entertaining. many of my new ones are very awesome as well.

btw i'm still interested in this project.
User avatar
-Xoninmuoshda-
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2003

Re: Diary of a Mars...Volta

Postby HexagonParanoia » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:46 pm

-Xoninmuoshda- wrote:
mageofdeath wrote:Thnx and hope this will be good, also plzz, if you've used a combo of lp and naruto/dbz in any of your vids, you are automatically ineligable for this project (don't really care how good it is)...


i can safely say that you are a prick.

i've used dbz in many of my videos some of them suck.. some of them are very good and entertaining. many of my new ones are very awesome as well.

btw i'm still interested in this project.


Combo of Linkin Park and Naruto/DBZ
You've only done one though... so meh..
Still... Quite Biased
HexagonParanoia
 
Joined: 31 Oct 2004
Location: Toronto

Postby Beowulf » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:46 pm

The entire thing about mars volta is sitting down and listening to their albums as one continuous story.

Cutting songs of theirs into snippets and pasting them together would be a terrible idea in my opinion. Most of the appeal for Volta to me is in the vastness and expansivness of their music of which can not be achieved with a 30 second snippet of the best part of each respective track.
User avatar
Beowulf
 
Joined: 27 Feb 2002
Location: in the art house

Postby mageofdeath » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:50 pm

Beowulf wrote:The entire thing about mars volta is sitting down and listening to their albums as one continuous story.

Cutting songs of theirs into snippets and pasting them together would be a terrible idea in my opinion. Most of the appeal for Volta to me is in the vastness and expansivness of their music of which can not be achieved with a 30 second snippet of the best part of each respective track.

well I'm not just going to slam the clips together, I'm still working on the mix and its turning out quite well, as far as story, I think only frances the mute is the only story like album they have were as far as de-loused is more of a blend of their ATDI stuff, and some great melodic harmonies...
BTW I forgot to set a deadline in the first post, so I'll set one hopefully for the end of July and it can be flexible, say we all finish before it, or someone needs a few days extra etc...
User avatar
mageofdeath
 
Joined: 10 Sep 2004

Postby -Xoninmuoshda- » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:58 am

make it the end of the year
User avatar
-Xoninmuoshda-
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2003

Postby SnhKnives » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:44 am

hmmm, a Mars Volta project is not a new idea, but I will see how it turns out and who signs up. Also if the deadline is sometime past AWA, then i might be interested


but so far, we'll see how this turns out
Image
User avatar
SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
 
Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Location: Atlanta

Postby ifihadaninja » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:00 pm

oh shit, i was thinking how cool itd be to work on a mars volta project seeing as they are my favorite band. i was even thinking of starting it though i wouldnt have. count me in.
User avatar
ifihadaninja
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Location: florida

Postby ifihadaninja » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:08 pm

mageofdeath wrote:
Beowulf wrote:The entire thing about mars volta is sitting down and listening to their albums as one continuous story.

Cutting songs of theirs into snippets and pasting them together would be a terrible idea in my opinion. Most of the appeal for Volta to me is in the vastness and expansivness of their music of which can not be achieved with a 30 second snippet of the best part of each respective track.

well I'm not just going to slam the clips together, I'm still working on the mix and its turning out quite well, as far as story, I think only frances the mute is the only story like album they have were as far as de-loused is more of a blend of their ATDI stuff, and some great melodic harmonies...
BTW I forgot to set a deadline in the first post, so I'll set one hopefully for the end of July and it can be flexible, say we all finish before it, or someone needs a few days extra etc...


he does have a point, BOTH mars volta cd's are very story involved, and it really would upset me if the story wasnt faithful. if we can make this a story based mep, that would be great, but very hard due to the stories themselves. de loused is about someone who overdoses on morphine (i think that was the drug) then commits suicide when hes released from the hospital, the suicide takes place in the song "televators". as for frances, thats a story the band finished. they found a diary in the back of a car one of the guys repoed when he was a repo man. and its about some l'via person and whatnot. This project will have to take ALOOOONG time if its going to be any good. if youd like some help, i know most of the song meanings and i can translate some of the spanish.
User avatar
ifihadaninja
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Location: florida

Postby mageofdeath » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:14 pm

SnhKnives wrote:hmmm, a Mars Volta project is not a new idea, but I will see how it turns out and who signs up. Also if the deadline is sometime past AWA, then i might be interested


but so far, we'll see how this turns out

Might push back to December seeing how much everyone likes Volta on the org, didn't really expect to see this many people interested seeing as how there are barely and Volta vids on the org...
as for translating spanish lyrics I've got it covered need more of an organization savy co-project head (I'm tri-lingual)
User avatar
mageofdeath
 
Joined: 10 Sep 2004

Postby ifihadaninja » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:54 pm

i was thinking, since it would be rather hard to do this project with clips from different songs, why not use one of their extreamely long songs? cassandra gemini for instance, its split into parts and its 32:31 all together. it would make a really bad ass video if we do the whole thing.
User avatar
ifihadaninja
 
Joined: 02 Jun 2003
Location: florida

Next

Return to Multi-Editor Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest