Project AMVE (anime music video editor)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Brakus
Org Profile

Re: Project AMVE (anime music video editor)

Post by Brakus » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:13 am

bum wrote:Revenue? AMV's are things people spend hours of time on and then release for free. Making money from it is totoaly out of the question.
Just my opinion, but I think that's the one small setback as an AMV editor. I spend hours upon hours on making a good anime music video. I can bring life to some old song by setting it to an anime series in order to get people to buy the anime or the album. I can make things that will eventually make you feel really good upon completion. However, most of us will never see us make a profit from our little hobby, other than some certificates, trophies, or maybe a green jacket.

We may never get more recognition beyond the awards that we win on occasion. The closest thing to being compensated for our little hobby is probably being commissioned by an anime company to make a music video for a particular title -- again with no further compensation besides a free DVD. That's what happened for the editors that were commissioned by ADV Films to do an AMV for Noir.

Please don't misunderstand me - we know at times it can be expensive and/or frustrating, but we still love to create and edit AMVs.

Just in my view, it'd be great if we were somehow more recognized or more compensated by our works than just a pat on the back and a few good reviews and maybe a trophy or award. But being in this society where big companies are very protective of their work, it will never ever happen.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”