Project Ayu-mix: D a y b r e a k (OFFICIAL)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:20 pm

Bakadeshi wrote: Zarxrax: I did mean 24, but is there a good reason your suggesting 23.976? I was keeping in mind online distribution, and planning to just treat it as FILM when making the mpeg2. I am open to suggestions, as this is my first time doing an MEP.
If you do FORCEFILM, it results in 23.976fps video. I wont get into the hows and whys, I'm sure thats probably explained to death in the guides.

As for my anime, I think I will use the Air anime.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:48 pm

Cool, got the one I wanted. I'll be using Kare Kano.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:25 am

I've gone ahead and bumped GetBackers to the top of my Netflix queue. Should have it in by the end of this coming week.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:13 am

Zarxrax wrote:
Bakadeshi wrote: Zarxrax: I did mean 24, but is there a good reason your suggesting 23.976? I was keeping in mind online distribution, and planning to just treat it as FILM when making the mpeg2. I am open to suggestions, as this is my first time doing an MEP.
If you do FORCEFILM, it results in 23.976fps video. I wont get into the hows and whys, I'm sure thats probably explained to death in the guides.

As for my anime, I think I will use the Air anime.
I read back through the guides to refresh my memory, and I see what you are saying. I don't know if everyone here knows how to edit in the 23.976 mode however, as it looks pretty complicated. I've always done 24fps without realy seeing any quality problems in the resulting mpeg2 file, Which would only be used for a DVD anyway, and on a television screen be even less noticable. We could always fall back on Option 2 mentioned in the guides aswell if we realy need pure Film footage. So, I think the online distro version will probably be best to be given priority here, in which 24 fps seems to be the best option in being the easiest to edit to in premiere and allow for very descent quality for the donut version compared to 29.997.

So... Unless theres any other consensus otherwise, I think I'll keep Editing spec to 24fps. Hope I don't regret that later ;p

oh and Zarxrax: Your anime choice is just called "Air"?
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

LCY84
Org Profile

Post by LCY84 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:19 am

Cool, we got track J which is an excellent track. ;)

I dunno which anime take to do with, but i ll try to say which one asap.
ImageImage
ImageImage

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:59 am

I'll propably try a mix between Original 3D Animation, the Rayearth OVA and Noir
Sounds crazy :roll: while that's pretty unsure now, I might change my mind.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:13 am

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote: oh and Zarxrax: Your anime choice is just called "Air"?
Yes. "Air". I might throw in the Air PC game along with it, not sure yet though.

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:24 pm

Sweet i got the track i wanted....now i just need to try and learn a little of after effects for some of what i want to do :shock:.

anyway ill be using Ai Yori Aoshi and Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi.
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:22 pm

Btw, I thought I should mention, don't be afraid to ask for assistance from some of the more acomplished editors here if you are unsure/can;t figure out how to do something (Like learning AE for the first time) and the more acomplished Editors are encouraged to assist any that may need help so we all can do the best we can for this project :D

I know I've got some names I will be harassing if I get stuck with anything with my idea for the intro/credits. :twisted:

Use this thread freely for Betas/questions pertaining to this project ^^
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

themaan
Org Profile

Post by themaan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:26 pm

Wow, I got in. And I'm wedged right between Kusoyaro and Zarxax. Well, I shall do my best and I wish everyone luck in their segment. This should be a lot of fun.
Image Appeared on RDS 2/2/05

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”