Project Ayu-mix: D a y b r e a k (OFFICIAL)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
LCY84
Org Profile

Post by LCY84 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:37 am

JCD wrote:I'll propably try a mix between Original 3D Animation, the Rayearth OVA and Noir
Sounds crazy :roll: while that's pretty unsure now, I might change my mind.
Hum, since i remember, Noir is a 16/9 aspect ratio (at least in the french edition but i think it's the same for your dvd jcd, no?)...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:39 pm

godix wrote:Does anyone know the proper Kanji for 'love'? Specifically romantic 'i want to marry you and have your children' type love? After talking to someone who knows more about Kanji than me I'm thinking <a href="http://www.solon.org/cgi-bin/j-e/jis/do ... 8">this</a> is correct but I'd like to verify that if possible.
hmm thats Koi... I think if you want the deeper marrage kinda love, I think you want Ai (愛)isn't it? 

But I'm not entirely sure on when either one would be used in what situations, I'm just going by what I'm used to in anime and such.

Perhaps Xarxrax or Tythril can clarify if needed.

http://www.solon.org/cgi-bin/j-e/jis/do ... 8B&WC=none
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:07 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:hmm thats Koi... I think if you want the deeper marrage kinda love, I think you want Ai (愛)isn't it? 

But I'm not entirely sure on when either one would be used in what situations, I'm just going by what I'm used to in anime and such.

Perhaps Xarxrax or Tythril can clarify if needed.
Trythil was the 'someone who knows more about Kanji than me' and that conversation ended debating Koi vs Ai. I'll hit up Xarx next time I run into him but at this point I'm starting to think that regardless of which I use it'd get the idea across. Thanks for the help.

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:23 pm

恋(koi) gives a more specific impression of the love between a male and a female (girlfriend and boyfriend, male and female lover), while 愛(ai) gives a more general impression of love. (For example, the love between father and son, friend to friend, sibling to sibling, etc.) Of course that doesn't mean that 愛 can't necessarily be the love between a male and a female, but 恋 hits the specific point for male/female romance/love.
(koi can work between male-male, female-female, but for the most part, the opposite sex is more approriate.)

Edit: Let me clear some things a bit:

恋 is romantic love, while 愛 is general love.
As you may know, the love between your lover/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc. is quite different from the love between your parents/friends/etc.
恋 specifically fits the lover/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc category, while 愛 can generally give meaning to both categories.

These are usual/general impressions/characteristics these two words give in noun form. 
If you are to express the love between lovers, I suggest going with 恋。

I believe I repeated some things twice. Oh well.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:10 pm

AMVfreak wrote:恋(koi) gives a more specific impression of the love between a male and a female (girlfriend and boyfriend, male and female lover)
That's exactly what I'm after. Thank you.

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:23 pm

AMVfreak wrote:恋(koi) gives a more specific impression of the love between a male and a female (girlfriend and boyfriend, male and female lover), while 愛(ai) gives a more general impression of love. (For example, the love between father and son, friend to friend, sibling to sibling, etc.) Of course that doesn't mean that 愛 can't necessarily be the love between a male and a female, but 恋 hits the specific point for male/female romance/love.
(koi can work between male-male, female-female, but for the most part, the opposite sex is more approriate.)

Edit: Let me clear some things a bit:

恋 is romantic love, while 愛 is general love.
As you may know, the love between your lover/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc. is quite different from the love between your parents/friends/etc.
恋 specifically fits the lover/girlfriend/boyfriend/etc category, while 愛 can generally give meaning to both categories.

These are usual/general impressions/characteristics these two words give in noun form. 
If you are to express the love between lovers, I suggest going with 恋。

I believe I repeated some things twice. Oh well.
Well, I did hear that the word "Aishiteru" is like the deepest/strongest way of saying you love someone... I can't remember where I got that from, I just remember it from somewhere...

EDIT: But, Koi is probably what godix wants for his idea.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:46 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote:Well, I did hear that the word "Aishiteru" is like the deepest/strongest way of saying you love someone... I can't remember where I got that from, I just remember it from somewhere...
Well, I don't want you to think I'm saying 恋 is a stronger or better word than 愛。 It's just that 恋  has a more specific impression of a kind of love, generally. ^_^
In fact, thinking it over, I would think it would come down to a matter of preference, really. If you want to be specific, or general. Preference.

And, 愛してる is not noun form so it's a little different from that[the noun form]. As for [strong/deep]est, well, I can't say for definite that that word is the strongest/deepest words ever, since there are selective words that IMO can give the same strength of emotion. [Although I agree aishiteru is one of the most strongest and deepest ways to express your love. I would also personally use 愛してる , if needed to express the strongest/deepest emotion of love.]
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:13 pm

Ok, one last request on kanji. Can someone who knows what they're talking about take a look at a small quick beta thingie to make sure I have the strokes down correctly? It's on <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/amvbeta/">this page</a>. The link called koi beta. Sorry about the ads and not linking to it directly but angelfire sucks. Useful for small 490k files but they still suck.

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:05 am

godix wrote:Ok, one last request on kanji. Can someone who knows what they're talking about take a look at a small quick beta thingie to make sure I have the strokes down correctly? It's on <a href="http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/amvbeta/">this page</a>. The link called koi beta. Sorry about the ads and not linking to it directly but angelfire sucks. Useful for small 490k files but they still suck.
The strokes are corretamundo.
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:41 am

thank you

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”