The Betamax Project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:55 pm

sakuraslight wrote:thankies thats alot better ^_^

How do i send you the video once it is done.
Rapidshare will work fine. There really is no other way (save YouSendIt, but I discourage that one because of how easily the files can be flagged and blocked) unless someone is willing to offer FTP space. Just break it up with WinRAR and then send each piece.

It shouldn't have a problem with the uploading phase as long as you have Javascript enabled. If you're overly paranoid about it, just use a different browser. It works fine with Firefox, for example (I'd presume without a crapload of extensions; the only one I use is the IE View plugin).
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:12 pm

Updates?
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

CerebralAssamite
Org Profile

Post by CerebralAssamite » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:03 pm

Just in case you haven't seen my sig as of late, I won't be able to start my section for some time, it's first priority when I get things running again though.

Qyot27
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:26 pm

I saw this day coming...

I'm officially putting the Betamax Project on hiatus indefinitely. There are a number of factors for this, including:

A) Lack of host space for the preview tracks.
B) Lack of an FTP or host space for final track uploads.
C) Sluggish pace (it's been nearly two years since this was first started and it's barely even off the ground)
D) I need to think/worry about other things at the moment.
E) I want to learn After Effects before approaching certain aspects of this project.
F) There needs to be a lot more structure.
G) Communication breakdown in general.

For those reasons, I had the project on the backburner as it was, and am providing this notice as a courtesy. I'm not killing the project, and those of you still working (or have yet to work) on your assigned tracks are free to finish them and send them to me in the time the project is on sabbatical. Once I have the resources to revive it, like a personal server, better organization, and more than likely a hierarchy of administration, then it'll be back (probably with a new posting, since this thread will likely have been locked for a while due to inactivity, if that feature is still in effect).

I really wish that it didn't have to come to this, but I think many of you expected it to happen anyway.

Daniel_BMS
Org Profile

Post by Daniel_BMS » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:34 am

Wow, I have been following this since 2 years ago waiting to be able to see how Duran Duran's The Reflex came out. I still want to see it.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”