80s Disco Dance Project -> Gauging interest

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

80s Disco Dance Project -> Gauging interest

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:30 pm

This is not the official thread, I am just checking on who would be interested in a project like this. I probably won't actually start it till Janurary or so, since theres so many other ones starting up right now. Depends mostly on what time constraints you guys are under.

Anyway the Idea is this: Using an 80s Disco song, perhaps a remixed version of Shannon's Let the music Play that I've prepared beforehand, or a mixture of various Disco songs (i'm open to suggestions on this aswell) , Set them to various anime edited in an 80s style fasion, using Effects reflecting that of the Retro style of the Discos in the 80s. It could be dance with probing lights as found in discos, or like how Absolute destiny did his Shake It! video with that retro feel, whatever you can think of that reflects the style of the 80's Disco theme.

If you think you would be interested in a project like this, reply here so I know what to expect when I consider anouncing the actual project.

Again this thread is just gauging any interest in this kind of project. If there is enough interest, I'll start the project probably anywhere between October(this year) and January of next year. Depending on time constraints of the participants involved. I'm hoping to get the project done around the time of AWA next year if there is enough interest involved.

EDIT:

I'm adding the link to the mix MJ suggested using for this project. We are considering using this mix and possibly mixing in a segment of Shannon's song to the end of this. Check it out and let me know if your interested, and any comments suggestions on using this particular mix. Thanks ^^

80's Breakdance/Funk Megamix
http://www.randomvariable.net/~mexicanj ... ce_Mix.mp3

hopefully RVP doesn't mind me posting this link on the main page.... let me know if you do and i'll upload it to my server.
Last edited by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] on Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Re: 80s Disco Dance Project -> Gauging interest

Post by AMV_4000 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:04 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote: This is not the official thread, I am just checking on who would be interested in a project like this. I probably won't actually start it till Janurary or so, since theres so many other ones starting up right now. Depends mostly on what time constraints you guys are under.

Anyway the Idea is this: Using an 80s Disco song, perhaps a remixed version of Shannon's Let the music Play that I've prepared beforehand, or a mixture of various Disco songs (i'm open to suggestions on this aswell) , Set them to various anime edited in an 80s style fasion, using Effects reflecting that of the Retro style of the Discos in the 80s. It could be dance with probing lights as found in discos, or like how Absolute destiny did his Shake It! video with that retro feel, whatever you can think of that reflects the style of the 80's Disco theme.

If you think you would be interested in a project like this, reply here so I know what to expect when I consider anouncing the actual project.

Again this thread is just gauging any interest in this kind of project. If there is enough interest, I'll start the project probably anywhere between October(this year) and January of next year. Depending on time constraints of the participants involved. I'm hoping to get the project done around the time of AWA next year if there is enough interest involved.
i would be interested in taking part in this!

turboneko
Org Profile

Post by turboneko » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:54 pm

Yeah, we would be totally up for it!
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Bote
Org Profile

Post by Bote » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:50 pm

I'd do it. Just waiting for an opportunity to show my eye-candy stuff :P .
My Youtube channel: Bote Logos
NEW!!! One Piece AMV - "YUM YUM 2.0"
Berserk - Man of Sorrows (upscaled to 4k)
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:19 pm

I'm in if it happens.

FatBoy Slim- Kung Fu Fighting (Techno Remix)

That's a song I would consider disco. =/

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:00 pm

SuperFusion wrote:I'm in if it happens.

Except for the small problem that Fatboy slim isn't 80s ;p
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:59 pm

Count me in dewd! :up:

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:20 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:Count me in dewd! :up:
I was wondering when you would post

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:27 pm

SnhKnives wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:Count me in dewd! :up:
I was wondering when you would post
I loved this song back in the day, no way I could pass it up.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:56 pm

SuperFusion wrote:I'm in if it happens.

If you're talking about something that's been traded on KaZaa/Napster/All P2P programs under the name "Fatboy Slim - Kung Fu Fighting (Techno Remix)", then, that's not Fatboy Slim. It's Bus Stop, and it's a song from DDR. For some retarded reason, somebody heard the song and decided it was techno (which it's not at all) and thus decided that because it's techno, it must be by the only techno artist they know of, which for a while, to the mainstream public, was Fatboy Slim. Scenarios like this can be found all over P2P networks (especially for comedy songs, where Wierd Al gets credit for like every comedy song in existance).

Anyways. Sorry for off topic :P </rant>

And this project sounds like a fun time :) I'm not saying I'd definitely join, but I will be looking forward to seeing it! I love that song.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”