80s Disco Dance Project -> Gauging interest

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.
User avatar
Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Georgia / S. FL WIP: ROS2, VG3, AR2
Contact:
Org Profile

80s Disco Dance Project -> Gauging interest

Postby Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:30 pm

This is not the official thread, I am just checking on who would be interested in a project like this. I probably won't actually start it till Janurary or so, since theres so many other ones starting up right now. Depends mostly on what time constraints you guys are under.

Anyway the Idea is this: Using an 80s Disco song, perhaps a remixed version of Shannon's Let the music Play that I've prepared beforehand, or a mixture of various Disco songs (i'm open to suggestions on this aswell) , Set them to various anime edited in an 80s style fasion, using Effects reflecting that of the Retro style of the Discos in the 80s. It could be dance with probing lights as found in discos, or like how Absolute destiny did his Shake It! video with that retro feel, whatever you can think of that reflects the style of the 80's Disco theme.

If you think you would be interested in a project like this, reply here so I know what to expect when I consider anouncing the actual project.

Again this thread is just gauging any interest in this kind of project. If there is enough interest, I'll start the project probably anywhere between October(this year) and January of next year. Depending on time constraints of the participants involved. I'm hoping to get the project done around the time of AWA next year if there is enough interest involved.

EDIT:

I'm adding the link to the mix MJ suggested using for this project. We are considering using this mix and possibly mixing in a segment of Shannon's song to the end of this. Check it out and let me know if your interested, and any comments suggestions on using this particular mix. Thanks ^^


80's Breakdance/Funk Megamix
http://www.randomvariable.net/~mexicanj ... ce_Mix.mp3

hopefully RVP doesn't mind me posting this link on the main page.... let me know if you do and i'll upload it to my server.
Last edited by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] on Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[size=0][url=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=62984]
Image[/url]Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

User avatar
AMV_4000
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:29 am
Location: USA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: 80s Disco Dance Project -> Gauging interest

Postby AMV_4000 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:04 pm

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] wrote: This is not the official thread, I am just checking on who would be interested in a project like this. I probably won't actually start it till Janurary or so, since theres so many other ones starting up right now. Depends mostly on what time constraints you guys are under.

Anyway the Idea is this: Using an 80s Disco song, perhaps a remixed version of Shannon's Let the music Play that I've prepared beforehand, or a mixture of various Disco songs (i'm open to suggestions on this aswell) , Set them to various anime edited in an 80s style fasion, using Effects reflecting that of the Retro style of the Discos in the 80s. It could be dance with probing lights as found in discos, or like how Absolute destiny did his Shake It! video with that retro feel, whatever you can think of that reflects the style of the 80's Disco theme.

If you think you would be interested in a project like this, reply here so I know what to expect when I consider anouncing the actual project.

Again this thread is just gauging any interest in this kind of project. If there is enough interest, I'll start the project probably anywhere between October(this year) and January of next year. Depending on time constraints of the participants involved. I'm hoping to get the project done around the time of AWA next year if there is enough interest involved.


i would be interested in taking part in this!

User avatar
turboneko
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2001 3:32 am
Location: Foxboro, MA
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby turboneko » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:54 pm

Yeah, we would be totally up for it!
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

User avatar
Bote
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:20 am
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Bote » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:50 pm

I'd do it. Just waiting for an opportunity to show my eye-candy stuff :P .
Some of my vids: Saitama's World Man of Sorrows War of wrath
My Youtube channel: Logos studios
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS

SuperFusion
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:03 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby SuperFusion » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:19 pm

I'm in if it happens.


FatBoy Slim- Kung Fu Fighting (Techno Remix)


That's a song I would consider disco. =/

User avatar
Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Georgia / S. FL WIP: ROS2, VG3, AR2
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:00 pm

SuperFusion wrote:I'm in if it happens.


FatBoy Slim- Kung Fu Fighting (Techno Remix)


That's a song I would consider disco. =/


Except for the small problem that Fatboy slim isn't 80s ;p
[size=0][url=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=62984]
Image[/url]Image[/size]

Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

User avatar
mexicanjunior
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:33 pm
Status: It's a process...
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:59 pm

Count me in dewd! :up:

User avatar
SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:57 am
Location: Atlanta
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby SnhKnives » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:20 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:Count me in dewd! :up:


I was wondering when you would post
Image

User avatar
mexicanjunior
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 11:33 pm
Status: It's a process...
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby mexicanjunior » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:27 pm

SnhKnives wrote:
mexicanjunior wrote:Count me in dewd! :up:


I was wondering when you would post


I loved this song back in the day, no way I could pass it up.

User avatar
Brad
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2000 9:32 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Brad » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:56 pm

SuperFusion wrote:I'm in if it happens.


FatBoy Slim- Kung Fu Fighting (Techno Remix)


That's a song I would consider disco. =/



If you're talking about something that's been traded on KaZaa/Napster/All P2P programs under the name "Fatboy Slim - Kung Fu Fighting (Techno Remix)", then, that's not Fatboy Slim. It's Bus Stop, and it's a song from DDR. For some retarded reason, somebody heard the song and decided it was techno (which it's not at all) and thus decided that because it's techno, it must be by the only techno artist they know of, which for a while, to the mainstream public, was Fatboy Slim. Scenarios like this can be found all over P2P networks (especially for comedy songs, where Wierd Al gets credit for like every comedy song in existance).

Anyways. Sorry for off topic :P </rant>

And this project sounds like a fun time :) I'm not saying I'd definitely join, but I will be looking forward to seeing it! I love that song.
Image
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

User avatar
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:47 pm
Status: Quo
Location: New Jersey
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Scintilla » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:16 pm

AtomX wrote:Scenarios like this can be found all over P2P networks (especially for comedy songs, where Wierd Al gets credit for like every comedy song in existance).

<b>GRAAAAAHHHHHHHHH YES</b>

This even happens here on the Org, with maddening frequency (for instance, "The Beer Song" was by DVDA, otherwise known as Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of "South Park"... NOT by "Wierd [sic] Al" Yankovic! It doesn't even <i>sound</i> like him, for crying out loud!)...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

User avatar
Hitori
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:10 am
Status: I might be back.
Location: New Mexico
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Hitori » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:42 pm

Interest = Maybe? :roll:
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Toji Fujawara
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:01 pm
Location: Pasadena, Mryland/USA
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Toji Fujawara » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:48 pm

depending on what i am doing when the project starts i might be able to jump in i mean it sounds like it would be fun.
Image
Image
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

User avatar
mckeed
Joined: Tue May 15, 2001 1:02 pm
Location: Troy, NY
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby mckeed » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:33 am

I'd be interested depending on the songs.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist
Image

User avatar
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:17 pm
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Contact:
Org Profile

Postby Kalium » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:41 am

mckeed wrote:I'd be interested depending on the songs.

The song is linked in the first post.

And yes, I have a certain amount of interest, but my ability to edit is dependent on a lot of other things.


Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests