The Christmas Project - It has begun !!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

The Christmas Project - It has begun !!!

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:07 am

After a long chat with DoKool, which I have to thank for being one of the greatest project assistants ever, we deicided that due to the time restriction, we can't afford to make such a big project in such little time.

Whats going to happen on the other hand is this: Everyone who would like to join should post up here saying what anime he would like to use and which Carol will it be put too. All slots will then be merged together and put into 1 big medley, as everyone seems to be opting for that instead of the original idea.

There are only a few rules to live by.

1. Try using different anime. i know it's hard since we're going to use winter scenes and specials only, but we don't want to have 10 slots, with 10 love hina carols hehehe. i'm sure you get what I mean. This also goes for the song. It would be silly to have the same song done twice, unless both editors would like to agree on which part is done by who, and share the song.

2. Deadline is December 10th. All slots will have to be handed in by that date. If you find this a problem, please message me so that we can arrange something together.

3. Also, please try to change your setting to 24fps if possible so that we can make a final compilation with a good quality.

If anyone wants to ask anything, don't hesitate :) Thanks in advance everyone, and happy editing.
"Who said you'll be going to hell when you die.
.... you're already living it." - Zabuza

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:27 am

<b>Anime Suggestions</b>
Alright, here's a list I've compiled of all the anime that are alleged to have Christmas/Holiday episodes/specials/etc:

Ranma 1/2
Ai Yori Aoshi
Rurouni Kenshin
CCS
Hamtaro
Digi Charat
Love Hina
Inuyasha - Love Transcending Time
Millenium Actress (?)
Evangelion stills (Fanart and so on, anyone feel like doing a MAD?)
RahXephon
Chrno Crusade
Haibane Renmei
Kodocha
Sailor Moon
Mahoromatic

As far as the tech side of things, as Muyo_Ryu mentioned it's 24fps. Lemme add the HuffYUV and 720x480 parts. Multi-editor S.O.P., AD's guides, yadda yadda yadda.

Can't wait to hear what kind of carols people choose. I need to pick one of my own and then look into the price of Chrno Crusade DVDs in Akihabara...

-DOKool

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:32 am

Don't forget that Christmas episode in Vandread 1st Stage! I believe you can find that in the last volume. :D
ImageImage

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:45 am

angelx03 wrote:Don't forget that Christmas episode in Vandread 1st Stage! I believe you can find that in the last volume. :D
Indeed! Note that the list I posted isn't exclusive at all, it's just what's come up through the first Xmas Project thread and asking a couple people. If you have Christmas-related source that I haven't mentioned, feel free to use that too!

-DOKool

kingmob_867
Org Profile

Post by kingmob_867 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:05 am

Okay Great! I want to do the song I'll be home for Christmas by Bing Crosby to the Anime Love Hina or if that is taken then AYA. Any Objections?
"Suicide carried off many. Drink, and the devil, took care of the rest."

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:17 am

kingmob_867 wrote:Okay Great! I want to do the song I'll be home for Christmas by Bing Crosby to the Anime Love Hina or if that is taken then AYA. Any Objections?
Looks like you're the first person to officially sign on board, so Love Hina it is...

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:20 am

kingmob_867

I'll be home for Christmas to Love Hina

I find no objects in that, it all yours =^.^= First slot filled and many more to go. Keep them coming people :D

kingmob_867
Org Profile

Post by kingmob_867 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:16 am

Thanks guys I'm on it as of right now! :!: Also is it wrong to asume that Muyo_Ryu is in charge of this project?
"Suicide carried off many. Drink, and the devil, took care of the rest."

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:20 am

I want to do Full Moon wo Sagashite to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" but I'm not sure if I have the Full Moon DVDs with the Christmas episodes. Can anybody tell me which episodes take place during the holiday season?

If it turns out that I don't have the right FM DVD, then I'll take CCS instead. :crosses fingers:

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:53 am

kingmob_867 wrote:Thanks guys I'm on it as of right now! :!: Also is it wrong to asume that Muyo_Ryu is in charge of this project?
No it's not wrong =^.^= I'm in charge of this project :) *Salute* DoKool is my assistant, and is doing is job extremely well. ^.^
Jasper-Isis wrote:I want to do Full Moon wo Sagashite to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" but I'm not sure if I have the Full Moon DVDs with the Christmas episodes. Can anybody tell me which episodes take place during the holiday season?

If it turns out that I don't have the right FM DVD, then I'll take CCS instead. :crosses fingers:
umm unfortunatly I can't help you with you question, and also your second selection won't be possible. =^.^= I'll have to claim CCS for msyelf. I'm too much of a Clamp addict not too hehe.

I'm sorry for not claiming the anime later, it just flew out of my head hehe. Too much preperation got the better of me hehe :)

I'll be posting general updates on the project at the end of each of my posts (Were nessesary)

Unknown - Card Captor Sakura - by Muyo Ryu
I'll be home for Christmas - Love Hina - by kingmob_867

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”