The Christmas Project - It has begun !!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:51 pm

hay if it isn't aready taken id like to do Carol of the bells by Trans Siberian Orchestra one of these animes

Ful metal Panic
Inuyasha the movie
or Rahxephon.

Give me a day or two and ill have the anime i want to do....and is there any deadline because this will make the 4 th video i have to make by the end of this year. Not that i ant do it it would get done in plenty of time i just want to know when you want it by.

thanks i will be able to tell you the anime im using by the end of the night or at worst tomarow.
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:59 pm

forgot to add Ayashi No Ceres to the list sorry. Like i said let me llisten tothe song a few times and ill have an anime ready for you. And im also putting Escaflowne the movie in the list as well only because its on my comp aready and im droping one of my projects to make sure i have plenty of time to do this ieo as well.
"Chewing gum is really gross, Chewing gum i hate the most"-Willy Wonka (Jonny Depp)

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:01 pm

Random idea struck me:

Song: O Holy Night (it's a traditional carol, gotta find a good version of it...)

Anime: Tokyo Godfathers
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:53 pm

rogueintellectproductions

Is this project limited to serious carols, or are goofy Xmas songs permissible? I've batted around using Weird Al's Christmas at Ground Zero to Eva footage... if only I could finish the other five videos I've started!

By all means, you are free to choose any kind of Christmas related song, weather it is comedy or not. The only problem with the combination you just gave me is that and song to Eva is already being made. YET, if you are unable to find any other replacement, then it's fine by me. But do try and change the anime hehe, we'll try to abide by the rules, at least for the begining of the project since there are so many free slots left.

godix

I'll take Southpark - Dead Dead Dead. It'll be a multi-anime project but not much of it will be Christmas scenes. The few Xmas scenes there are will have to be Love Hina just because I have no other christmas source.

Same here as my previous reply, Isn't there ANY was you can change your anime source. I'll list you up to Love Hina Anyway.

Also thank you for adding another anime to our potentials list.

TnAdct1

WOW!! thanks a million, more additions to our list of potential anime to be used in the project.

greenjinjo

These questions were replied to on our chat, but I decided to answer them on the messageboard for the sake of other members.

A few questions

Are we going to be using the whole song that we choose? Or just a certain length of it?

Well that depends really. Perferibly it would be the full song, so that we would be ableto have roughly a selection on what part of the song to use since we didn't want to reduce the clips from the start, so to give editors from space for creativity. YET, if you would like to use just a segment of the song cuase you have a problem with time, and other work offline, then it's no problem by us. Just Message me or DOKool, and we'll see what we can arrange :)

And also, if we have non of the above Christmas episodes, or any Christmas episodes for that matter, can we still do a part if we make it fit the song? If not I understand, that's cool. I'd like to be part of this project but unfortunately NONE of my DVDs have Christmas scenes.

Well, as I replied before to rogueintellectproductions about the music, the same goes for the anime. The IDEAL would be that you -would- choose anime footage for the project, YET if you are too restraint, and have no way of using christmas related anime footage, then by all means go ahead.

After this conversation, GreenJinjo and I talked a little about his slot and he decided to be in the project. Welcome aboard :D

"Who said you'll be going to hell when you die.
.... you're already living it." - Zabuza

Muyo_Ryu
Org Profile

Post by Muyo_Ryu » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:54 pm

angelx03

Thanks for the information about MAD. Personally, I couldn't have pulled it off by myself, maybe my assistant would have enlighted us, but I couldn't have most certainly hehe. Thanks again.

Toji Fujawara

The song it yours, just let me know what anime you'll be using ^.^ Any of those is fine by me. As for the DEADLINE, it's December 10th :D

Sousaphonist

Oh holy night .... Ok, I know this might sound all corny to everyone, but I've been singing as a profession for 8 years, and every year, Oh Holy Night was the song I sang on Christmas Eve at midnight. It's my favourite song, and since you want something to go along with the powerful and emotional Tokyo Godfathers, I'm probably the one to ive you the best version possible.

You're probably going to hate me for this actually, but the best version of Oh Holy Night is the one sung by Celine Dion. Sure, everyone things she's so dumb and stuff, but only her powerful voice gives it justice. None of thise modern pop version live up to it. Not even the Frank Sinatra version is as powerful as hers.

And when I originally planned to put up Oh Holy Night in the first draft of the project, I rushed to my CDs and put it on. I would love to have it on the project hehe, but then again, I don't want to fuss you about it. But please, do look into it first before making your desision :)

List of Potential Christmas Animes to Choose From, or those with winter scenes anyways =^.^= (Even animes which were taken are being listed here.)

Ranma 1/2
Ai Yori Aoshi
Rurouni Kenshin
CCS
Hamtaro
Digi Charat
Love Hina
Inuyasha - Love Transcending Time
Millenium Actress (?)
Evangelion stills (Fanart and so on, anyone feel like doing a MAD?)
RahXephon
Chrno Crusade
Haibane Renmei
Kodocha
Sailor Moon
Mahoromatic
Vandread 1st Stage!
Maison Ikkoku
Azumanga Daioh (the one with Osaka's tale about "a fart that wasn't hers )
Big O
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna
Gundam 0080 (the show is set around Xmas time)
Initial D (Third Stage and Extra Stage)
Lupin III
Nadesico
Pokemon (1 TV episode and at least 2 OAV's)
ROD TV
Urusei Yatsura

Thanks to all those who are contributing to our list :D !

Project Slots! - Who is signed up, what music and what anime he or she chose :D

Editor - Song - Anime/s

Muyo Ryu - (Undecided) - Card Captor Sakura
kingmob_867 - I'll be home for Christmas - Love Hina
Greenjinjo - Angels we have heard on high - N.G Evangelion
rogueintellectproductions - Weird Al's Christmas at Ground Zero - N.G Evangelion
godix - Southpark's Dead Dead Dead - Love Hina
Toji Fujawara - Carol of the bells by Trans Siberian Orchestra - (Undecided)

As for this, I don't know if it was an actual sign up, or just an idea but ...

Sousaphonist - Oh Holy Night - Tokyo Godfathers

I'm very happy with the reponce I'm getting. Hope we'll all work hard for it :D
"Who said you'll be going to hell when you die.
.... you're already living it." - Zabuza

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:59 pm

Yes, thanks for the defining MADs and thanks for the link to the wonderful video :)

And yeah, I'll be using Eva fanart assuming I can get the artists' permission.
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:20 pm

I grew up on Johnny Mathis singing "O Holy Night" so I consider him the definitive version....

Trying to track down a CD now, so I guess it's a sign-up. :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

Toji Fujawara
Org Profile

Post by Toji Fujawara » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:06 pm

real quick question i think ihave come up with my idea for each one of the animes but im not to sure which one is best. But anyway does this have to be christmas related because each idea keeps going more to the drama side. I do remember you wanting a video that focued on strugle or something along those lines and i think i got one for you if that is ok....sorry for being confusing as hell im just really tired.

DaPatches
Org Profile

Post by DaPatches » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:26 pm

I would like to do a sailor moon video to one of the following songs... I would like to use one fo the Sailormoon Christmas songs but I can't decide which. It will be an upbeat happy ditty tho ^^

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:23 am

i said im in, give me a good song and i will try to find 1 or 2 animes to go with it... nothing to long please... i just want something short and sweet (2:00 or less)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”