F Bombs for Charity - Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Silvercoat
Org Profile

F Bombs for Charity - Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023

Post by Silvercoat » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:01 pm

Greetings to all editor’s on behalf of Anime Weekend Atlanta’s Video Art Track team!

We are pleased to announce our charity event project for this year taking place at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023:

F Bombs for Charity is an anime music video event benefiting The Trevor Project.

Submissions are now open!

Rules and Google form link to submit are below.

THE FINAL DEADLINE WILL BE MONDAY OCTOBER 23rd AT 11:59PM

The History:
The inaugural F Bombs for Charity took place at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2016. The project was run by MaboroshiStudio with the support of a growing list of editors as the project continued. To see some of the previous projects, please visit their Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/@theamvfbombschannel9653

The Charity
This year, The Video Art Track is proud to benefit The Trevor Project. Their mission is to end suicide among LGBTQ young people. They provide crisis support, counseling, advocacy, research and education to save the lives of members of the LGBTQ community.

For further information on The Trevor Project, please visit their website at: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/

The Project:
F Bombs for Charity is a multi-editor video project where editors are requested to submit their best, funniest, and sometimes rudest “F-bomb” filled anime music videos to benefit a great cause.

Each video will be tallied for use of explicit language (“F-bombs” and all the other words you were told not to say). To participate in this project, editors must donate $1 for every use of explicit language in each of their submitted videos.

To support creativity and make sure everyone has enough money for the dealer’s room (those Gunpla are not going to buy themselves), we will be limiting the maximum donation per video submission to $20. This is the maximum dollar amount accountable for each video submission regardless of instances of explicit language used.

Video submissions may consist of full length AMVs as well as short form videos. We encourage our editors to submit uncensored versions of their existing AMVs that focus on use of explicit language.

Video submissions are open to ALL editors. This includes event staff, attendees, directors, and those not in attendance at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023.

How to Donate:

Physical donations will also be accepted during the F Bombs for Charity premiere event on Saturday, October 28th, 2023 at Anime Weekend Atlanta in The Video Art Track room.

For physical cash donations, please bring exact intended donation amounts (in USD). A designated donation location and/or person will be available during the event for collection. Further details on this will be announced during the event.

The Event:
The premiere will be held at Anime Weekend Atlanta on Saturday, October 28th, 2023 in the Video Art Track room.

Due to the nature of the content shown, attendance to this event will be limited to (18) years of age and older. Photo I.D. will be required for entry. Entry procedures are subject to change.

The exact viewing time(s) for the project are currently being determined and will be finalized once the convention schedule is available. Please check back to this thread, The Video Art Track website and the official Anime Weekend Atlanta schedule for finalized premiere time(s).

Submission Rules:
Please read the following rules and guidelines for submitting your video to the project.

Content:
The intention of this event is to provide an enjoyable experience to a wide audience. As such, “explicit language” referenced in this event will be limited to words that are generally considered as “curse words”. All language that specifically pertains to race, sexuality, or gender is strictly prohibited.

No nudity of any kind will be accepted. While this is considered an (18)+ event, no hentai or other visually explicit material will be accepted. This includes excessive gore and violence as well.

Videos may include but are not necessarily limited to: Anime (Japanese Animation), Non-Japanese Animation, Video Game Footage & Gameplay, Computer Generated Animation and Live-Action sources.

Your video should not contain any studio bumpers, logos, subtitles, or watermarks of any kind. Exceptions may be allowable for parody style content (commercials / trailers) .

Video Format:
  • Length - No maximum or minimum requirement. Videos may be trimmed as needed.
  • Resolution - Minimum: 1280x720 (720p); Maximum: 1920x1080 (1080p)
  • Primary Audio Language - English
  • File Formats - .MP4, .AVI, .MOV
  • Encoding - H.264, H.265, x.264, x.265, 8-Bit max

The event coordinators reserve the right to exclude any video submissions that are deemed to not represent the intentions or ideals of this project.

If you have any further questions about your submissions or the event, please contact VatCharity@gmail.com for further information or clarification.

Last edited by Silvercoat on Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:57 am, edited 8 times in total.
I hope life is not a joke, if it is, I dont get it.

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Re: F Bombs for Charity - Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023

Post by Silvercoat » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:03 pm

Starting to get some submissions! Looking forward to many more!

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Re: F Bombs for Charity - Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 (Deadline 10/01/23)

Post by Silvercoat » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:42 pm

One week left everyone! Looking forward to seeing more submissions!

Sayoria
Org Profile

Post by Sayoria » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:53 am

I submitted two, however I believe my first one (Traumatic School Day) may have received the wrong download link. Not entirely sure.
My old Youtube Channel has been removed. Kindly review here for videos:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjmhp2 ... gpjU0cMCuA

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercoat » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:54 pm

Sayoria wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:53 am
I submitted two, however I believe my first one (Traumatic School Day) may have received the wrong download link. Not entirely sure.
I will have a look at it and any I have issue with I will try and email / discord you about.

If you want to resubmit it, feel free to.

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Re: F Bombs for Charity - Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 (FINAL DEADLINE: Monday 10/23/23 )

Post by Silvercoat » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:09 pm

Time is running out for submissions as we get closer and closer to AWA!

Have you run out of f-bombs to give or do you have some left?

Please submit via the google form link in the first post!

We look forward to your submissions!

Silvercoat
Org Profile

Re: F Bombs for Charity - Anime Weekend Atlanta 2023 (FINAL DEADLINE: Monday 10/23/23 )

Post by Silvercoat » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:04 pm

Last hour everyone!
We have also updated the donation rules to in person physical cash donations only.

If you would like to further support the charity outside of this event, please visit their website at:
https://www.thetrevorproject.org/

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”