The Disney MEP IV : The Magic Continues

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP IV : The Magic Continues

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote: Im pretty sure in the previous MEPs, the tracks were crossfaded together a bit. You might try that if it isn't too much trouble, it would help to unify the whole thing I think.
Yeah, I agree. I'll make that change that in the next beta
Hagaren Viper wrote: I mentioned it to Code a while back, but Kire if you want me to change the opening to my WiR track I can either remove the credit text, or I could change the text to reflect the name of the MEP. Let me know! I'm open to ideas, and feel like I should at least take out the credit text one way or another.
I think that your WiR vid is a great opening track for the MEP and I love the style of the text. Do you think that you could change the two text sequences to something like "The Disney MEP Staff presents" "The Disney MEP IV: The Magic Continues". And then right after that, I'll can have your track info fade in at the bottom of the screen.
Hagaren Viper wrote: I'm working with Kaze as quick as I can to finish her track, so I'd appreciate if you'd be able to wait a little longer before releasing :uhoh:

Actually, I know that this MEP has been in development hell, but I wouldn't mind putting off the release if it meant getting more tracks in. It seems pretty short, and while the tracks are great most of them are really low key. I think a couple more fun/action-ish tracks would really balance things out.
Yeah, I just wanted to get started on the post work in order to avoid having a massive amount of work to do once we get all the tracks. And I felt that releasing a beta would get everyone motivated to finish their tracks and provide feedback on the ones already submitted. I actually haven't even started editing the rest of Code's Friend Like Me track. So the premiere of this MEP is at least a few more weeks away.
Hagaren Viper wrote:
Edit: ALSO I approve of Moezy's track as a closer :up:
yeah, that decision was a no brainer :D
AngelDragoon wrote:Yay! A beta! :D

I agree that the fast/slow tracks need a bit better pacing, (especially in the beginning). Half way through the fast-slow-fast pattern was better, though. The fading in and out does make the transition between segments a little jarring, (although the length of time of fade in/out was good), so I'd also suggest just overlaying them together like in the previous MEPS. Credits song was good; it worked well especially with that last track. XD

I'd be willing to make one more upbeat video at this point that I can get to you by the weekend, if need be. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do another track, but seeing as how a lot of the videos are more down-tempo, (including my own), we probably could do for another fast track... :uhoh:
yeah, I'm definitely gonna adjust the order a bit in order to improve the pace of the beginning. And I'm gonna contact people individually about if I need them to adjust the beginning and ends of their tracks to make overlaying them easier. I also adjusted the cuts that I made to the credits song in order to make it smoother (although, I not even sure if anyone even noticed the cuts in the first place) Oh and, if you want to make another track, that would be awesome! :awesome:

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:21 am

I pretty much agree with what everyone else said. The first segment is really slow and it got to the point that I had to take breaks while watching cause it was kinda monotonous...the second half was better paced though and I'm really flattered that my track is the closer! Thank you! Also I'd probably need to search for a song...but I'll be willing to do another track, possibly an upbeat one if need be. Just to try to break up the slow paced songs somewhat.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:32 pm

New video beta is in the document! Since StarTrinity009 didn't use Gurren Lagann, I went ahead and used the two movies to 'Zero to Hero' from the Hercules soundtrack. (If she decides to finish up her videos, however, feel free to ignore it and I'll use it for the next MEP or something. :rofl: ) Please let me know if you spot any issues; I kind of decided to marathon this yesterday and my eyes are kind of glazing over. e_e; I'll fix it up if need be and render a final by Monday!

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 pm

@Kire: No problem, I'll take a look at it after I finish the Be A Man track - and it occurred to me that I could totally be posting betas! So I updated the Be a Man beta in the document, it's still under Kaze's name.

Also uuuh I've had another quick idea nagging at me for the past week so I might contribute another upbeat track which is completely unrelated to the other two I haven't finished whoops. Again, I won't worry about it until Be a Man is finished.

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Well, I'll take it there's no complaints, so Zero to Hero final is in the document. XD

@Hagaren - The segment looks great so far! The buildup towards the end is wonderful and thoughtful towards the lyrics. Obviously you're going to fill in the black spaces, so my only complaint is that the framerate is a little bit jittery in the beginning, (although I think this is due to it being rendered in 29 fps instead of 23-ish). I'd also like to suggest that the ending still have a slight zoom in or out to it, just to make it look less static, even if it is just space to cross over to the next clip. Awesome stuff so far. :up:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:40 am

I actually just downloaded Zero to Hero. I really like it :up: Great Job AngelDragoon :awesome: I don't see any major issues in it though. Here are some of the things that stood out: The scene at 0:12-0:13 seems a little static, so it may help to add a zoom out to it. And then when the scene changes to a close up at 0:13, there is some lip flap (right after the "Herc could stop a show" line). There is also a lip flap at 0:19 with one of the girls. But aside from that, this track kept getting better and better as it progressed. Its just the thing that we needed for the MEP :D

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:50 am

oh and Hagaren, I love what you're doing with Kaze's track :up: . Can't wait to see what the final :D

AngelDragoon
Org Profile

Post by AngelDragoon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Thank you for the suggestions! :D I didn't see all that lip-flap before, lol. I put up a new beta with a smaller size, (because I know the other one was rather large, but I managed to get zarxgui to work this time...), and another final. If you have trouble downloading either of these, please let me know!

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Final version for Rail Tracer is up now.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:51 pm

Heyoooo, I updated Be a Man with it's pretty-much-final beta. There are a couple minir tweaks Im going to do, but this is basically the final! I'll also get to reviewing the other finals posted when I can.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”