GANGNAMV STYLE! WE NOW HAVE 1 OPEN SLOT! CLAIM AWAY!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Re: GANGNAMV STYLE! CLAIM YOUR ANIME AND START EDITING!

Post by Iron Solari » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:36 pm

So Code, I was drinking some Dr. Pepper while watching your proof of concept, I damn near spat it all over my screen when I saw the ending.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:38 pm

In a good way I hope. :uhoh:

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:07 pm

CodeZTM wrote:In a good way I hope. :uhoh:
the real question is will you pay for his new monitor xD?

I liked 0:00 to 0:03. I cant really comment on the throwing part that was going on from 0:04 onwards I thought it looked odd even considering that it wasn't timed but I dunno I haven't watched much dance vids so someone else might want to comment on that.
I really liked the "ah" part at 0:09+ and 0:11+ is obviously mandatory Imagine all the people that watch this video spill on their monitors even if they disliked that part or were offended the achieved effect would still be cool :up: xD

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:26 pm

I was not expecting it because of how mine has similar themes! But yes in a good way lol. Also, here is my beta/proof of concept (no effects added yet, just a raw edit, also youtube link because why not): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWTDPB5m ... e=youtu.be
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Iron Solari wrote:
I was not expecting it because of how mine has similar themes! But yes in a good way lol. Also, here is my beta/proof of concept (no effects added yet, just a raw edit, also youtube link because why not): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWTDPB5m ... e=youtu.be
Umh seems very flat the video,trying to do some zoom, and put some more dynamic scene :up:
Spoiler :
and the lip sync at the end seems wrong xD

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Cecco wrote:
Iron Solari wrote:
Umh seems very flat the video,trying to do some zoom, and put some more dynamic scene :up:
Spoiler :
and the lip sync at the end seems wrong xD
You didn't read the part where I said there were NO effects and that it was just a RAW edit... :nono:

I'm sticking with a particular theme of choice, and that is what you see. The dynamic scenes of Mirai Nikki are quite violent and/or extremely inappropriate. I went as non-violent/non-inappropriate as the show would allow me without it being irrelevant.

This is a beta, it is not completed, it is only showing that I am working on it.

EDIT: So I realized you might think, "So why did you choose it if it's so borderline?" Well, I chose Mirai Nikki as a starter source because it really was the only one of my sources that I thought could fit that hasn't been taken.

EDIT #2: Sorry if this post seemed hostile at all. No hostility meant at all.
Last edited by Iron Solari on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Anonymous

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:20 am

CodeZTM wrote:Proof of concept/beta. Just click the link and it will take you to where you can download it.

Lemme know what you think. I'm on the fence between liking it and thinking it's almost slow for the chorus. D:

Also, it's still not perfectly synced. I'll tighten that up a bit once I get feedback.
It seems a little slow to me. Doesnt seem....idk...fast enough. The timing of thing sthrew me off as well cause I didn't know what you were timing to. I enjoyed it though. BOOOTTYYY!
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:22 am

Iron Solari wrote:
This, I couldnt get into at all hardly. Just really slow and the scene switching to the beat seemed off. But I see where you are going with it. To me it just looked like one run on scene with little editing.

Also, in the future, avoid upping the video to youtube. Whether it is set to private or not. For future reference, upload all videos to sendspace and then send them to each member in the MEP through PM.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 am

TwilightChrono wrote:
Iron Solari wrote:
This, I couldnt get into at all hardly. Just really slow and the scene switching to the beat seemed off. But I see where you are going with it. To me it just looked like one run on scene with little editing.

Also, in the future, avoid upping the video to youtube. Whether it is set to private or not. For future reference, upload all videos to sendspace and then send them to each member in the MEP through PM.
Yeah, the youtube was just to show you that I had something in the works, don't worry twilight, that's not the final product or even close to it, I intend to move the scenes more interestingly and add some effects. As long as you see what I am intending to accomplish as my endgame goal and approve of it, that's all I need to move forward on editing it. Shall I?
-Anonymous

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 am

Aside from Kev, there wasn't actually any further comment on my PoC. Both posted PoCs look a bit slow to me, but then, admittedly, I rewatched my own, and I see where I need to add some more rotoscoping to bring up the pace. May need to fiddle more with Koume's goose stepping. I was trying to go for a direct parallel to the video with those scenes of Psy doing a similar march step... And of course, I still have black space for the second op op opop phrase. She rarely wears a sailor fuku (most of the footage I've used is from a dream sequence), so I need to find a way to rotoscope her into more appearances like I've done with the first phrase...

Specifically to Iron Solari, there doesn't seem to be enough internal sync. I agree the choices are too static. Following Twilight's original description, I was hoping to see more dancing, prancing, etc. It'd work great if this was a pool scene with synchronised swimming, or if you could make it resemble the scene from the original video where Psy is in the jjimjilbang (sauna, for you non-Hangul speaking folks... one of the few things I miss about Korea, but Japan has some nice ones too, just more expensive). Then it might be really funny...
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”