Advice about an MEP

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Advice about an MEP

Post by hamstar138 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:53 pm

I want to try to create a successful MEP. But my question is, is it unheard of trying to create an MEP with just one song or is that too restricted for me and the other AMV makers?
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Advice about an MEP

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Of course not. There have been many MEPs utilizing just one song cut into several tracks. I've run several successful ones with just one song, and I don't think it's very restrictive.

That being said, make sure that all the editors understand the type of editing being utilized. Since it is one song, it won't look cohesive if one track is candy pop effects and the next one is just a regularly edited video with a different pacing. Make sure editors also understand whose track is after them. This makes editing transitions between tracks much easier.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:59 pm

I'm new to this. Mind if you give an example of one of yours. Just so I can figure out what you mean.
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:40 pm

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks so much! :D I can see what you mean with the flow of them. Did you say the genre of anime the AMV makers had to use for the AMV?

Also, I'm trying to find a way to setup the song so that it will be evenly matched....I know the way I want the video to flow but I'm not exactly sure how to split the audio...
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:00 pm

For the haloween MEP, I told them a genre to edit with. For the stronger MEP, I told them a specific message to convey in their editing. Really, so long as all the tracks have a connecting thread, it can make for a good MEP with just one song.

for audio cutting? Well, there's a lot of different opinions on that one. I usually cut them up in easy to edit chunks. For example, one editor gets the entire chorus, while another editor gets a buildup/regular part. like in the stronger MEP, you'll see that there's an opening bit, followed up by another editor taking the upcoming chorus, then another regular bit followed by another chorus. Then we have a buildup bit and the final chorus/ending.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks Code! ^_^ This is really useful. I think I will probably set up my MEP up tonight. Hopefully there will be people interested.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”