AMV Psychopathy (Complete)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
LawRayLiet
Org Profile

AMV Psychopathy (Complete)

Post by LawRayLiet » Mon May 07, 2012 3:31 am

UPDATE 6/18:
Now that I've received a good amount of interest here and elsewhere, I've decided to set the deadline. I'd like to try at an end of October release date.

UPDATE 10/16:
Please read the following post: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 5#p1465895

UPDATE 11/01:
New Deadline: November 20th

UPDATE 2/07:
Complete, visit the announcement thread: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 3&t=112030

Submission Rules:

The Theme:
This MEP will feature AMVs which include the Psychopaths found in anime, or those who may seem to be violently Psychotic.
The main focus is on the heartless, violent, emotionless monsters who call themselves human and the atrocious acts they perform.
This may include any who kill without discretion.
Although this is not a comedy MEP, a humor oriented clip may be accepted, as long as it's "Dark Humor".
In other words, something you know you shouldn't laugh at and yet do.

Content:
Any amount of blood and gore is allowed. Even non-explicit nudity is allowed. Other than hentai, anything goes and should be fine.

Length:
I don't want to put any specific length restrictions, so as to limit creativity. But the majority of clips will likely be under 1:00min.
So try your best to at least keep it under 1:30 and to keep it interesting. No one likes an AMV that drags on.

Format:
Ideally your video should be 640x480 for fullscreen or 848x480 for widescreen and should be 23.976 fps Progressive.
The preferred method of compression is a "Huffy", "Lagarith" or "UtVideo" lossless AVI, with an uncompressed WAV as the audio.
Although, an h.264 MP4 with 320kbps MP3 or AAC may also be accepted. In this case, I highly suggest compressing it with Zarx264gui.
If you submit a clip that doesn't meet these guidelines, I'll do my best to work with it still.
But as long as you check the render settings in your editing program, you should be able to meet these specs.

Quality:
Your video should be as high quality as possible, while still meeting the specifications above.
Unless subtitles are "intentional" and "necessary", they should not be present in your video.
No form of a watermark will be allowed. Although if you properly crop the watermark off, and it doesn't detract from the video to much, it should be acceptable.

Uploading Your Video:
Preffered methods of upload.

1. Dropbox
How To Upload:
Spoiler :
1. Register, then download and install the Dropbox application.
2. Inside the Dropbox folder on your PC, place your video in the "Public" folder.
3. After your video has finished syncing/uploading, right-click your video and under the "Dropbox" tab, select "Copy public link".

That is the link we will need to download your video.
2. Attachment
How To Upload:
Spoiler :
If you have registered an account on anime-off, you may upload your video as an attachment.
Note: This will only work with files 64MB or below. Supported file types are: [AVI/MPEG/MPG/MP4/MKV]

Here's how:

1. Submit the details of your submission in the "AMV Psychopathy Entry Form" mentioned below, under "Submitting Your Video."
2. After the information has been submitted, you should see a thread that has been created in the "AMV Psychopathy Entries" forum. Enter the thread.
3. In the bottom right of your post will be a button that says "edit", click it and select "Full Edit".
4. At the bottom of the page there will be a button that says "Choose File". Select your file.
5. Click the "Update Post" button below.

You're done!
Other methods of hosting your video may be accepted, but is highly discouraged.
Considering each host has their own limitations and download limits, including expiration on how long files stay hosted.

Submiting Your Video:
Fill out the form located here: AMV Psychopathy Entry Form
It's suggested that you register an account, so you can check back on any feedback you may get from myself or one of the other judges.
And so you may also reply to any questions or concerns of the other judges.

If you choose to fill out the form as a guest, make sure to leave a contact email address.
In this case you will simply receive a message by email as to whether it was accepted or any needed modifications.
You will not receive any critique or opinions given from the other judges. Although, their opinion will effect the result of whether the video is accepted.

Question? Post it below and I'll respond as soon as possible.
Last edited by LawRayLiet on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 am, edited 13 times in total.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Re: AMV Psychopathy

Post by dreamawake » Tue May 08, 2012 11:51 am

Mebbe I'll see what I can do this sounds fun to me, Tenjou Tenge here I come...

tho i think your specs need some adjusting, you''d probably want your final tracks to be in a lossless format, Lagarith or UTVideo. You got your ratio and frame rate right on. Up to you to letterbox or crop accordingly at the end.

also, if at all possible I would suggest cropping watermarks if there is no other source footage to use available.

LawRayLiet
Org Profile

Post by LawRayLiet » Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 pm

PennyRoyalty wrote:i think your specs need some adjusting, you''d probably want your final tracks to be in a lossless format, Lagarith or UTVideo. You got your ratio and frame rate right on.
While I realize it's the usual to require a lossless format, if the person is compressing it correctly with h.264, the difference should really be negligible.
I'm trying to make it easy for those who may not know of a good host for such large files.

I've updated the announcement to "prefer" a lossless format though.
PennyRoyalty wrote:also, if at all possible I would suggest cropping watermarks if there is no other source footage to use available.
I know some really dislike watermarks, but I wouldn't want to miss out on an otherwise good AMV, just because of a small, hardly noticeable watermark.
If the AMV is good, I wouldn't even mind cropping out the watermark myself, as long as it doesn't detract from the video.

Thanks for the all the advice.

PennyRoyalty wrote:Mebbe I'll see what I can do this sounds fun to me, Tenjou Tenge here I come...
Great, I hope to see something from you.

LawRayLiet
Org Profile

Post by LawRayLiet » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Small update to the submission guidelines.
On second thought, no form of watermark will be allowed.
If you've already made a clip with a watermark, cropping it will be acceptable.

Also, if you're interested or considering participating in this MEP, then please let me know by posting in this thread.
It'll help me have an accurate gauge of interest, and so I don't have to triple post next update. haha

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:03 pm

I can use any song

LawRayLiet
Org Profile

Post by LawRayLiet » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Correct, even songs with explicit language will be accepted.

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:24 pm

LawRayLiet wrote:Correct, even songs with explicit language will be accepted.
when will be the deadline :?

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:50 pm

LawRayLiet wrote:Quoted Image converted to link:
http://www.anime-off.com/forum/Thread-AMV-Psychopathy

Submission Rules:

The Theme:
This MEP will feature AMVs which include the Psychopaths found in anime, or those who may seem to be violently Psychotic.
The main focus is on the heartless, violent, emotionless monsters who call themselves human and the atrocious acts them perform.
This may include any who kill without discretion.
Although this is not a comedy MEP, a humor oriented clip may be accepted, as long as it's "Dark Humor".
In other words, something you know you shouldn't laugh at and yet do.

Content:
Any amount of blood and gore is allowed. Even non-explicit nudity is allowed. Other than hentai, anything goes and should be fine.

Length:
I don't want to put any specific length restrictions, so as to limit creativity. But the majority of clips will likely be under 1:00min.
So try your best to at least keep it under 1:30 and to keep it interesting. No one likes an AMV that drags on.

Format:
Ideally your video should be 640x480 for fullscreen or 848x480 for widescreen and should be 23.976 fps Progressive.
The preferred method of compression is a "Huffy", "Lagarith" or "UtVideo" lossless AVI, with an uncompressed WAV as the audio.
Although, an h.264 MP4 with 320kbps MP3 or AAC may also be accepted. In this case, I highly suggest compressing it with Zarx264gui.
If you submit a clip that doesn't meet these guidelines, I'll do my best to work with it still.
But as long as you check the render settings in your editing program, you should be able to meet these specs.

Quality:
Your video should be as high quality as possible, while still meeting the specifications above.
Unless subtitles are "intentional" and "necessary", they should not be present in your video.
No form of a watermark will be allowed. Although if you properly crop the watermark off, and it doesn't detract from the video to much, it should be acceptable.

Uploading Your Video:
Preffered methods of upload.

1. Dropbox
How To Upload:
Spoiler :
1. Register, then download and install the Dropbox application.
2. Inside the Dropbox folder on your PC, place your video in the "Public" folder.
3. After your video has finished syncing/uploading, right-click your video and under the "Dropbox" tab, select "Copy public link".

That is the link we will need to download your video.
2. Attachment
How To Upload:
Spoiler :
If you have registered an account on anime-off, you may upload your video as an attachment.
Note: This will only work with files 64MB or below. Supported file types are: [AVI/MPEG/MPG/MP4/MKV]

Here's how:

1. Submit the details of your submission in the "AMV Psychopathy Entry Form" mentioned below, under "Submitting Your Video."
2. After the information has been submitted, you should see a thread that has been created in the "AMV Psychopathy Entries" forum. Enter the thread.
3. In the bottom right of your post will be a button that says "edit", click it and select "Full Edit".
4. At the bottom of the page there will be a button that says "Choose File". Select your file.
5. Click the "Update Post" button below.

You're done!
Other methods of hosting your video may be accepted, but is highly discouraged.
Considering each host has their own limitations and download limits, including expiration on how long files stay hosted.

Submiting Your Video:
Fill out the form located here: AMV Psychopathy Entry Form
It's suggested that you register an account, so you can check back on any feedback you may get from myself or one of the other judges.
And so you may also reply to any questions or concerns of the other judges.

If you choose to fill out the form as a guest, make sure to leave a contact email address.
In this case you will simply receive a message by email as to whether it was accepted or any needed modifications.
You will not receive any critique or opinions given from the other judges. Although, their opinion will effect the result of whether the video is accepted.

Question? Post it below and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Holy crap. I haven't seen you active in a while. Welcome back to zeh world of MEP's :) I actually have the perfect song for this :)

"Evil's On My Left, Good Is On My Right"
"It's like I'm two faced, it's like I"m two faced"
"Telling me to hate, telling me to smile"
"It's like I'm two faced, it's like I'm two-faced"
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

LawRayLiet
Org Profile

Post by LawRayLiet » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:21 am

TheCacoVenom wrote:when will be the deadline :?
I've updated the announcement.
TwilightChrono wrote:Holy crap. I haven't seen you active in a while. Welcome back to zeh world of MEP's :) I actually have the perfect song for this :)

"Evil's On My Left, Good Is On My Right"
"It's like I'm two faced, it's like I"m two faced"
"Telling me to hate, telling me to smile"
"It's like I'm two faced, it's like I'm two-faced"
Not sure what song that is, but those lyrics certainly seem to fit well.

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Post by Zanzaben » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm

I have an idea I have been toying with for a while now with this theme so I will take part in this.
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”