The Disney MEP 3 : Finished

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Re: The Disney MEP 3 : Compiling

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 pm

watching thru second beta - so far i am absolutely loving it and am so excited!

things to fix - If I Never Knew You audio can come down a hair or two. Things We Did audio starts nice and quiet but then blares when the full orchestra comes in, so i'd bring it down at that point in the song. and the movie is "UP" not "Up". Kiss the Girl the png has some jagged lines in it. if you shrink it before importing it that'll get rid of it. Strangers Like Me png has the same problem, there may be others but i didn't notice. yeah just shrink em in photoshop first and then import em. that'll make em look much cleaner and sharper. Following the Leader png is still rough around the edges. Love Will Find a Way png is rough. audio's a bit blaring, can be turned down a hair. Go The Distance volume is at the same level so it may have to be turned down a bit as well. World Without Fences the png cut out is very clean but the lines are jagged. same suggestion as before, shrink it in photoshop first. Transition from Mulan's Decision to One Little Slip was very nice. To Die For audio seems low compared to its outside tracks, however i'm worried if the volume was turned up it would sound blaring because of the orchestra....

guh i am so stoked. this project is so good. i don't think the track placement can get any better :up: Code, i'm going to send you another copy of Beauty and the Beast without that last little light blue/green clip in it. it'll transition better into Transformation without it.

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:01 pm

This is looking so good ;__;

Here's some things I noticed that I don't know if anyone else mentioned:

- 00:10:53 Some white spots on the image of the Beast
- 00:27:00 The title "Tarzan" appears out of nothing
- 00:27:28 The title "Tarzan" is missing
- 00:30:21 The title "Peter Pan" is missing
- 00:31:39 The image still needs a few more cuts, specially that dot on the left ^^'
- 00:40:06 Another render that could use an extra cut, but this is easy to fix. Photoshop: Select > Load Selection / Select > Modify > Contract > 1 or 2px / Select > Inverse. Then delete! And it should be fixed ^^
- 00:47:54 At this point I feel like Code is going to kill me ;__; but since the footage is a bit dark, we can still see some white spots on the image
- 00:50:04 On Kaoru's face, is that a problem from the encoding or the file sent to you? I noticed this before, it bugs me a bit, specially since this footage actually exists with a great quality and it's sooo recent!
- 00:50:17 Can the little chicken have a new cut? ^^'
- 00:52:12 Same with this image... *runs away*
- 00:54:27 Aww her hair! Gotta fix that at least a bit please! *hides*
- 00:58:47 Omg I love this image! :D (what...? I can't always say bad things ;_;)
- 01:01:14 Erm I can see some white spots next to his tail, but another person would think that's like a sparkle effect for the "Tales" lol

I'm a weirdo that collects renders and sometimes I also cut some pictures, so here are some that I collected: http://www.sendspace.com/file/oq6960 I have wayyy more than that but sadly no one is using those movies :P
Feel free to use them Code!
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:13 pm

@AllyKAT: *headdesk* I misspelled my favorite disney movie. *headdesk* /adds to fixes

@Haus: Downloading now!

@Rider: /adds to checklist and I'll be awaiting the newer version! :) Sadly, I don't think i have time to make the preview version right this second, but if I get a chance between the third compilation and before the MEP is released, I'll gladly work on it! It might be good to use for all our our youtube pages with a link to the MEP on the Org since uploading this to YT will be neigh impossible. But I also have responsibilities with the Cascadathon MEP, so I have to be wary of that as well.

@siny: Thank you so much for the images and the suggestions! :) I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned and I'll give it the best I've got to fix what you mentioned! :up:

----

Still a lot to do this weekend. I'll be brewing up a nice big pot of coffee and working the "midnight hour" to finish up what's left. I'll take my time this time to make sure everything's perfect, because I'm hoping that what I render out as the third compilation is what we'll render out for the final release! Once I get confirmation on the End credits info from everyone, I can really "finish" starting it, if that makes any sense. XD

Keep the feedback coming this weekend as I work on the final stretch!

EDIT: Oh, and of course they're going to be a Disney MEP 4 now. I keep getting poked about it repeatedly in the pms, so I might as well confirm it. How can I possibly say no? If we're having this much fun, there's no sense in stopping it now! Just might do some minor rebranding to reflect the length we have now, since I assume we'll be hour+ productions from here on out. :rofl: We'll work that out later.

moezy-chan
Org Profile

Post by moezy-chan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:33 pm

A little late in the game...how I hate getting late shifts at my job but I want to be a part of the game! XD

1. Beauty and the Beast (love hate couple ftw XD)
2. Lion King
3. The Little Mermaid
4. Oliver & Company
5. Tarzan

Most Underrated: The Great Mouse Detective (I'm really showing my age here...)

I also have a handful of live action films that I love but I'll stick with animated movies XD

And the download just finished for me so I'll be back in an hour to give my critiques and fangirlings!

EDIT: Since no one commented in the hour I took to watch this...

Overall I really like this set up better than the previous. Love how you transitioned from an upbeat song to a darker or slower song. Really helped the tempo out a lot. I have a few criticisms but honestly...everyone already mentioned them XD so I won't bother~ Looking forward to seeing the completed project on this! And eagerly awaiting the credits :3
Last edited by moezy-chan on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:47 pm

- 00:50:04 On Kaoru's face, is that a problem from the encoding or the file sent to you? I noticed this before, it bugs me a bit, specially since this footage actually exists with a great quality and it's sooo recent!
This is on the file that was sent to me. I too was a tad concerned, but I thought it must have been an older anime. Apparently I was incorrect? D:

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:11 pm

hey Code i just noticed, it's supposed to be "Fullmetal Alchemist", not "Full Metal Alchemist". i know it's kinda like Dragonball vs Dragon Ball :P but the official title is one word together.

thinking back during this watching i have a feeling that the last 3rd of the video needed another classic well known song in there somewhere. i don't really know specifics, it's just a feeling i have. maybe if Under the Sea was moved a couple songs earlier... not really sure. ...i'm just kinda thinking out loud and it might just be me

ChosenExiled
Org Profile

Post by ChosenExiled » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
This is on the file that was sent to me. I too was a tad concerned, but I thought it must have been an older anime. Apparently I was incorrect? D:
I know which part you're talking about. It was the highest non-flac quality file we found so that's how it is unless someone could provide better quality clips. But maybe I can try again and send you better file?

Edit: Okay, now I'm confused and I might need help on this. The raw file has much better quality but when I import the file. It became weird. We only used this script.

Code: Select all

ffvideosource
tfm()
converttoyv12()
LanczosResize(848,480)
Here's a comparison pictures

Rurouni Kenshin Movie Raw:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/ ... vieRaw.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin Movie used in Beta
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c204/ ... ieBeta.jpg
Last edited by ChosenExiled on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haus Haberdasher
Org Profile

Post by Haus Haberdasher » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:03 pm

CodeZTM wrote:EDIT: Oh, and of course they're going to be a Disney MEP 4 now. I keep getting poked about it repeatedly in the pms, so I might as well confirm it. How can I possibly say no? If we're having this much fun, there's no sense in stopping it now! Just might do some minor rebranding to reflect the length we have now, since I assume we'll be hour+ productions from here on out. :rofl: We'll work that out later.
Yay! Time to go through my library of Disney music to see if any ideas pop up.

hamstar138
A Big Ol' Bowl Of Fruit
Org Profile

Post by hamstar138 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:13 pm

CodeZTM wrote: Oh, and of course they're going to be a Disney MEP 4 now. I keep getting poked about it repeatedly in the pms, so I might as well confirm it. How can I possibly say no? If we're having this much fun, there's no sense in stopping it now! Just might do some minor rebranding to reflect the length we have now, since I assume we'll be hour+ productions from here on out. :rofl: We'll work that out later.
YESSSSS! Now I have to start planning on ideas! SO happy! This made my day!!! :ying:
ImageImage
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Is the file in MKV format? Sometimes the FFvideosource absolutely butchers the quality before/after, although I'm not quite sure why.

Also, I took a break to work on the trailer for the last couple of hours while I had stuff rendering in AE. Uh.. I'm not sure, but I think it's good? I usually don't edit with instrumental, so I'm a tad worried? XD I'll have it up tomorrow morning possibly, depending on when I decide to pass out tonight.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”