CascadaThon 3-FINISHED!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

CascadaThon 3-FINISHED!!

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Banner By: SilverFreedoms

Sig By: SilverFreedoms

Welcome to the officially underway CascadaThon 3. If you missed the chance to edit in the previous CascadaThon's, now is your chance to be a part of the project. Just bear in mind your editing needs to be on par as this is the last CascadaThon and your editing needs to be fast and have some BOOM in it. Since this mix is a lot faster than the previous CT's the theme has been adjusted to fit it.

CascadaThon 3 Theme:

Life Is A Party. Romance And Adventure On The DanceFloor. Violence (Nothing Over The Top.......By Over The Top I Mean No Excessive Gore.......Preferably No Gore.......This IS Cascada Afterall), Dancing, Love, Hello's, Goodbye's. But bear in mind that when I say DanceFloor I actually mean a Battlefield..........and a Dancefloor. Lovers saying goodbye to each other as they meet their sad fate. Hero's going out in a blaze of glory to be forever remembered by the people they saved. Have that one last drink and dance together at a concert or a club before parting ways for good. Romance And Adventure And Action Among A Sad Turn Of Events.............On The DanceFloor. Just be sure to make your track rockin and in a HANDS UP STYLE!

Since this is the final CascadaThon I want that to be the focus of the Theme. That not all goodbye's are bad.
Some are good and some are bad. People look back on the fun times. And throw one last big bash before heading their separate ways. Go out with a bang in a big firefight saving someone they love. Or have that last awesome dance at a concert or a club. And some like to crash the party to watch it burn. Focus on the fast pacedness of the anime. The Action. The Love. The Sadness. The Dancing. Life's A Party. So Go Out With A Bang!

MEP Genre: Action, Dance, Serious, Romance, Sentimental

Type Of Mix Genre: Hands Up!/House/Dance/Electronica/Rave/Hip

I will be leaving the other mixes up until sendspace takes them down. Just in case there are people that like the mixes and want them for themselves.

CascadaThon 3-Hands Up Style! Mix:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ei1mp

CascadaThon 3-Hand Up Style! Mix 2:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vjlphh

CascadaThon 3-Hands Up Style! Mix 3:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/isvbay

CascadaThon 3 Rules:

1. First things first. No Drama. I want none of it here.

2. I expect everyone involved to keep everyone posted on their current status. Be it a little or a lot.

3. When a due date is given, be it for a beta or a final. I expect it to be followed. Unless of course there is something that is going to keep you from making the deadline. In which case, state beforehand and we can work something out.

4. Any anime that was used in the previous CascadaThon's is expressly prohibited. Multi Anime sources ARE allowed.

5. Please allow 2 seconds of footage before and after each of your tracks for transitioning purposes. Make sure the footage you allow is easily transitionable to the next track.

6. Only High Quality beta's will be allowed for turn in. nothing else will be accepted.

7. Please be respectful of everyone involved in the MEP. Offer advice when asked or when a beta is turned in for review. In which case everyone will be expected to give their opinion on each beta turn in.

8. I ask that anime only be used. No video games or CG movies. Video Game and CG footage is allowable if you can make it look damn good and flow well into the other tracks.

9. No WaterMarks, Logo's or Subtitles.

10. Obey The Candy Whip.

CascadaThon 3 .Wavs:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xai3h6

CascadaThon 3 TimeCodes:

1. Start-0:44
Editor: TwilightChrono FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime: Inuyasha: The Castle Beyond The Looking Glass, Sword Art Online, AKB0048

2. 0:44-1:11
Editor: AimoAio FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime: Various

3. 1:11-1:43
Editor: Inan FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime:

4. 1:43-2:10
Editor: [madaraxD] FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!

5. 2:10-2:53
Editor: iCardioidAMV ][/color] FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Back-Up Editor: CodeZTM
Anime: Cardfight!! Vanguard

6. 2:53-3:22
Editor: AllyKatAVR FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!

7. 3:22-3:51 FINAL HAS BEEN RECIEVED!!
Editor: CodeZTM
Anime: Blue Exorcist

8. 3:51-4:19
Editor: Kazemon15 FINAL HAS BEEN RECIEVED!!
Anime: Hitman Reborn

9. 4:19-5:19
Editor: Hitori FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime: Angel Beats, Freezing, Sora no Otoshimono

10. 5:19-5:40
Editor: -Kyros- FINAL HAS BEEN RECIEVED!!
Anime: Rosario to Vampire or Dog Days

11. 5:40-6:06
Editor: SatoshiSakura ][/color] FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime:

12. 6:06-6:37
Editor: Hagaren Viper ][/color] FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime: DNAngel

13. 6:37-7:04
Editor: CodeZTM FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime: Persona 4 The Animation

14. 7:04-7:43
Editor: Hagaren Viper ][/color] FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime: Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time

15. 7:43-8:34
Editor: Kazemon15 ][/color] FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime: Tales of Symphonia: The Animation

16. 8:34-End
Editor: Inan FINAL HAS BEEN RECEIVED!!
Anime:

As for Aspect Ratio. I haven't decided. I'm thinking of keeping it 848x480 but this is subject. It's what I am used to editing with, so I think we should keep it at 848x480. If their are any concerns, let me know.

START CLAIMING!!
Last edited by TwilightChrono on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:12 am, edited 57 times in total.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Re: HERE WE GO! CascadaThon 3-HANDS UP STYLE! Mix Inside! [I

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Might join later on...if I get Like A Prayer or Miracle. Not too fond of the other songs added though.

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:20 pm

I really really REALLY wish you would nix the songs that have been in previous Cascadathon MEPs. Even though they're completely different remixes….they're still the same songs, same lyrics, and same melodies, which in turn isn't really giving this mix a fresh, new, final installation feeling. There are about 15 songs by Cascada that haven't been touched and about half this mix of 9 songs is a rehash :|

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:23 pm

I was really sad to see that Pyromania didn't make the cut. I've really gotten addicted to that song. xD

Personally, I feel like Truly Madly Deeply and What Hurts the Most making a second debut [the latter being very similar lyric wise] was kind of off-putting. I don't mind Everytime we Touch so much, since that's kind of like Cascada's "signature" song.

That being said, I will admit that the mix was pretty attractive on the whole. [Say hello to my iphone!] Except that first bit with the putty cat and how evacuate the dancefloor just gets cut off. I pity da foo that has to edit to that first bit. XD

I'm still thinking about joining and I'm not certain at the moment for several reasons. But just a few general questions that you might want to discuss while it's still an interest gauge and that might be worth discussing with prospective members:

1) Are we going 720p or 480p?
2) New anime only or allowing older anime too?
3) "Theme" behind it? I think that's why 2 was a lot more successful than 1 was because everyone kind of had something to go on.
4) Deadlines or just a general idea of when we're going to have to finish up? I know anything during March/May 2012 is going to conflict with the Disney MEP III, which I will probably be finishing up during that time.

Still thinking about it. Comments are just some food for thought.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:43 pm

I still have some ideas I can implement to the mix. So, this mix isn't concrete yet. I'll be tweaking it as the IG goes on and what everyone has ideas for.

Here is a list of song versions That have been considered for the mix as a whole I've just been picking and choosing:

Because The Night (The Hitmen Mix)
A Neverending Dream (The Real Booty Babes Remix)
Break Up (Cascada Remix)
Ready For Love (Klubbingman Remix)
Miracle 2007 (German Club Mix)
Bom Bom Suenan (Cascada Remix)
Bad Boy (Pulsedriver Remix)
Magic Summer Night (Cascada Vs. Plazmatek Remix)
One More Night (Dan Winter Remix)
How Do You Do (Rob Mayth Remix)
Everytime We Touch (Rocco vs. Bass-T Remix)
Can I Get A Witness (Cascada vs Tune up Remix)
Castles In The Sky (Cascada Remix)
Dangerous (Darren Styles Remix)
What Do you Want From Me (Dj Gollum Remix)
I Will Believe It (Cascada Remix)
(We Call It) Revolution (Tune Up! vs. Cascada Remix)
Evacuate the dancefloor (Rob Mayth Remix)
Truly Madly Deeply (Styles & Breeze Remix)
San Francisco (Frisco Extended Mix)
Hurricane (Cascada Remix)
Cant Stop The Rain (Club Mix)
Like A Prayer (Cascada Remix)
Dance (Cascada Remix)
Big Bad Love (Cascada Remix)
Turn The Tide (Cascada Mix)
I Cant Stand It (Cascada Remix)
Night Nurse (Super G. Remix)
What Hurts The Most (Topmodelz Remix)
Tomorrow Can Wait (Cascada Remix)
Au Revoir (Jorg Schmid Remix)

Anyone of these can be used. I'll let you guys help make decisions on the mix. I just think the mix already has some good oomph, but I see your point. Some fresh new songs could be used.

As for Pyromania, haven't been able to find a good remix of that yet.

As for a theme, I am still thinking of a theme. Normally the theme comes to me as the mix is developed, but since there are going to be some changes then the theme will more than likely change as well. I can say though that the theme will be a very fast paced theme. I'll get back to you guys on the theme though.

As for the 720 or 480 decision. I'm gonna leave that up to the members of the MEP. That's not really a decision I can make on my own since everyone has their own editing preferences and I want everyone to be as comfortable a possible editing.

As for sources and clarity. I haven't quite decided. I'm thinking of allowing CG in this version. As long as it looks good quality wise. I'm thinking of just giving everyone involved editing freedom with what they wanna choose to edit with. That way they can bring out the best in their track because they won't be restricted.

Though if you guys object to that kind of sourcing, then I am open to recommendations. This is the last one so I want this to be the best it possible can be.

SatoshiSakura
Org Profile

Post by SatoshiSakura » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Sounds good, but like AllyKatAVR said, maybe keep out songs from the previous MEPs? But I'd definitely be interested.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:02 am

SatoshiSakura wrote:Sounds good, but like AllyKatAVR said, maybe keep out songs from the previous MEPs? But I'd definitely be interested.
I'm glad you're interested.

Makes some pick and chooses from the list I posted above and I"ll do some tweaks to the mix based on your changes. I would however like to keep the Everytime We Touch (Rocco vs. Bass-T Remix) as the opener. Everything else I am willing to work on and tweak based on your opinions and suggestions.

Get to recommending guys.

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:06 am

i cant stand it remix PLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEE

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:33 am

Nice! I'm interested. |:>
Just waiting on the final mix you'll use for it. :up:
ImageImage

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:36 am

Adding a new option to the list of songs guys.

Pyromania (Dan Winter Remix)

Finally after about 3 hours of probing and listening, I feel this one best meets the mixes criteria.

Also, here is a short breakdown of the changes I have noticed you guys wanted so far.

1. Everytime We Touch (Rocco vs. Bass-T Remix)
2. Dangerous (Darren Styles Remix)
3. Evacuate the dancefloor (Rob Mayth Remix)
5. Like A Prayer (Cascada Remix)
7. Au Revoir (Jorg Schmid Remix)

That about right? I would love to add more than 9 tracks, but that would put the MEP well over the time limit that I want or overly long for that matter. I would like to keep the MEP to about the same length as C2 if possible.

If there is something wrong with the line-up above, please let me know.

Also, I've come up with the theme of the MEP. Though the theme is still a work in progress. But it's going to be something to this effect:

CascadaThon 3 Theme: [Will Be Fine Tuned For The Launch Of The Project] (Work In Progress)

Life Is A Party. Romance And Adventure On The Dancefloor. Violence (Nothing Over The Top), Dancing, Love, Hello's,
Goodbye's.

Since this is the final CascadaThon I want that to be the focus of the Theme. That not all goodbye's are bad.
Some are and some aren't. People look back on the fun times. And throw one last big bash before heading their seperate ways.
And some like to Crash the Party to watch it burn. Go out with a bang if you will. Focus on the fast pacedness of the anime. The Action. The Love. The Dancing. Life's A Party.

In Terms Of Anime:

Newer anime is preferred and preferably stuff that hasn't been used in Past CascadaThon's. Old anime is welcome
but nothing uber old. And if you are going to use an older source, then make sure it is cleaned properly.

If there are any issues, please let me know.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”