CascadaThon 3-FINISHED!!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 3-HANDS UP STYLE! TIMECODES AND WAVS POSTED!

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:09 am

Check your inbox's guys. I have a beta of my track headed your way.

Remember to post your thoughts about beta's here in the thread.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:26 am

honestly TC besides the yogurting part i didnt like it, most of the scenes seemed a little too slow. Yogurting kinda goes with everything but once the inuyasha part i didnt feel it much. The part where the people were fighting with the big monster thing didnt fit well either the clips seemed like they were sped up a little too much with not much movement in the actual clip and the transitions between those werent very good and just didnt flow well. Right after that the transitions from yoko to the chick from K-On were very smooth and good but the clips to me didnt really fit with the actiony part that was going on in the rest of the video.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:46 am

Inan wrote:honestly TC besides the yogurting part i didnt like it, most of the scenes seemed a little too slow. Yogurting kinda goes with everything but once the inuyasha part i didnt feel it much. The part where the people were fighting with the big monster thing didnt fit well either the clips seemed like they were sped up a little too much with not much movement in the actual clip and the transitions between those werent very good and just didnt flow well. Right after that the transitions from yoko to the chick from K-On were very smooth and good but the clips to me didnt really fit with the actiony part that was going on in the rest of the video.
AH, well can't please everyone. Actually, believe it or not, nothing in the video is sped up. it's at it's regular speed. It's also why I am keeping segmented anime short. I'm trying to transition in a different way between each anime than I am normally accustomed to, and I personally think it's turning out great. I mean, i guess people won't know whether or not they like the track until I'm finished with it. But you basically just said you don't like the track as a whole meaning I would have to redo the whole thing..........not happening. You know how much masking and motion tracking is in this beta? I'm at least gonna finish it first.

Thanks for your input Inan. Insightful as always. Sorry you didn't like it.

I think it flows fine and I think my scene choices matched the speed of the song just fine. There is only 3 scenes from Inuyasha in there and they are only like .5 seconds long a piece. Not even a second.
Last edited by TwilightChrono on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:48 am

Mmm, I agree with Inan on some aspects.

* Honestly this is probably one of the more fitting uses of Yogurting I have seen, I like how 0:13-0:18 looks a lot. But Yogurting's techno theme and Inuyasha's traditional looking characters clash pretty hard. If nothing else, the scene of Inu you use is pretty slow, but the one of the chick afterwards is ok.

* 0:06-0:08 are waaaay too slow for the pace of the music. There shouldn't be any scenes where the characters arent moving in a pace like this.

* 0:09 Gosh, the not-DBZ art style is REALLY off-putting and doesn't really look good at all. I don't really see any tie-in to your theme either. If you want to use Halo...are any of the other segments useable? >>

* 0:19-End Scene selection is good, but pacing is a little slow. Maybe add more scenes? Fish girl is a little silly buuut it made me lol XD

tl;dnr I like where the second half is going, I think it just needs a tad clearing up. I think the first half needs a bit for work still.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 am

I honestly don't see how you guys are saying this is very slow paced. It bewilders me. This is probably the fastest thing I have ever edited and you say it's slow?!

I think it's plenty fast enough unless you want a flurry of scenes in a matter of 1 second to make you have an epileptic seizure. Since the BPM of this song has multiples upon multiples of beats within 1 second. If that's how you want it I can make it. But any coherent sense of theme get's thrown out of the window in the process.

I'm doing it in this style because I don't want to overload the viewer. I know how a lot of fast and flickering things can disturb the viewer. So slower scenes should be a welcome addition.

As for clashing art-styles, I honestly like how the NOT DBZ-ish art style goes in with everything. And you do know that the inuyasha bit only lasts for like .3 or so seconds right?

And my theme is love and violence and fun on the battlefield. I'm not really trying to make a story out of my track, but rather open the MEP with a hellz yeah.

I have to allow some kind of breathing room with the editing, lest I leave the viewer feeling dizzy.

Note: Yes, I am disagreeing with your opinions and thoughts, but that does NOT mean I won't change what I have made so far. Was just telling you my thoughts.

I'll see what I can do. I will wind up adding more scenes, you don't have to worry about that. This track isn't even done by any means so there is still plenty of time and room for tweaking the things you guys have mentioned.

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:07 am

TwilightChrono wrote:
Inan wrote:honestly TC besides the yogurting part i didnt like it, most of the scenes seemed a little too slow. Yogurting kinda goes with everything but once the inuyasha part i didnt feel it much. The part where the people were fighting with the big monster thing didnt fit well either the clips seemed like they were sped up a little too much with not much movement in the actual clip and the transitions between those werent very good and just didnt flow well. Right after that the transitions from yoko to the chick from K-On were very smooth and good but the clips to me didnt really fit with the actiony part that was going on in the rest of the video.
AH, well can't please everyone. Actually, believe it or not, nothing in the video is sped up. it's at it's regular speed. It's also why I am keeping segmented anime short. I'm trying to transition in a different way between each anime than I am normally accustomed to, and I personally think it's turning out great. I mean, i guess people won't know whether or not they like the track until I'm finished with it. But you basically just said you don't like the track as a whole meaning I would have to redo the whole thing..........not happening. You know how much masking and motion tracking is in this beta? I'm at least gonna finish it first.

I think it flows fine and I think my scene choices matched the speed of the song just fine. There is only 3 scenes from Inuyasha in there and they are only like .5 seconds long a piece. Not even a second.

nobody said anything about re-doing the whole thing, but while you are still working on it i think you should pick sources that atleast have a similar animation style so that the transitioning isnt so sudden and gross. The point of beta testing and being in the mep is so you can get different inputs and not just think "this is good because I think its good". I like the idea of it i just think better sources would fit more and better scene choices. For example the clip at :08 just completely ruins the flow because not much is going on in the clip and it kind of just stops the video.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:15 am

Inan wrote:
TwilightChrono wrote:

nobody said anything about re-doing the whole thing, but while you are still working on it i think you should pick sources that atleast have a similar animation style so that the transitioning isnt so sudden and gross. The point of beta testing and being in the mep is so you can get different inputs and not just think "this is good because I think its good". I like the idea of it i just think better sources would fit more and better scene choices. For example the clip at :08 just completely ruins the flow because not much is going on in the clip and it kind of just stops the video.

OH!! That scene at 0:08! The one of the guy holding out his hand. DERP! *FACEPALM* I totally forgot. That was a placeholder bit I had put in from the start and forgot to replace it. Herp.

As for the scenes leading up to that part, I can change those to fit the pace of the music no problem. But I like the inuyasha bit and I wanna work with that and keep that in. I can probably speed up some stuff too if need be.

Also, do you gusy rmeember the EF track from the second CascadaThon? How it originally looked when Riccardacasu turned it in? It looked like it had all the kinds of grungy technoee overlay effects throughout the vid. I want to implement those into my track here except I don't even know how to make those. I have a few ideas to do with it and feel it would mesh a lot of the animation styles together. But I need to know how to do it. I don't really know what the name of the effect is either.

Anywho, I'll see what I can do.

ALSO, I don't know if you guys noticed, but the girl that shoots the arrow at the beginning of the track, did any of you not notice the arrow hit the girl in the anime that the track transitions too right after? Or do none of you see "What I did there"?

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:40 am

BETA ADJUSTMENT OVERVIEW:

After going back and looking at said scenes, I have hence replaced a multitude of scenes in exchange for ones that fit the pace of the music. I've also added some overlays of faster scenes onto what were slower scenes but look much faster thanks to the overlays.

There are now no stationary scenes in the track thus far. I watched it over and over and it seems tight. But, before I send out another beta, i'm gonna add some more to the track to make it longer and hopefully when I send out the next beta a lot of concerns will be alleviated about the beginning of the track.

Hagaren, I feel now that the first half of the track is on par with the second half and that the flow feels very maintained throughout. Like I said, hopefully when I pound you guys out another beta your and Inan's concerns will be alleviated. Also, the NOT DBZish anime style now fits due to a change in scenes beforehand.

Also, the first Inuyasha scene with him sliding across the ground has been sped up, but not by too much so it still looks realistic. As a result the scene leading into Kagome shooting her bow looks a lot smoother.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 am

Honestly, I think Inuyasha looks REALLY out of place at the very beginning (with the arrow shot). Plus, doesn't that anime really not qualify for a newer anime anyway? Same with the fishy girl at the very end. A little more beat sync and more action and I think it could be pretty good, because the first half of it really isn't keeping the pace of the song (:05-:13). But the ending bit (:16-end) was pretty nice. :up:

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:19 pm

I'll post my review in a bit, since I have to analyze. XD

And...I just had an idea for the second to last track:

So please sign me up for:

15. 7:43-8:34
Editor: Kazemon15
Anime: Tales of Symphonia: The Animation

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”