Valentine MEP 2012 - Phase 1

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Re: Valentine MEP 2012 - Phase 1

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:55 pm

It says that it's already been removed on my end. O_o
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby AngelDragoon » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Same here. It gives a 404 error. And I really wanted to watch it too... :cry:
AngelDragoon

Postby TritioAFB » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Don't worry crowd. Check it back again :wink:

I want to ask: Who wants to give me a hand making a poster for the MEP? I have been working in the intro, the outro and also the betas that will fill the MEP but I'm tired and I don't think I will have time to make also a poster
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby Warlike Swans » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:55 pm

So, I apologize for my lack of focus on this project.

Tritio; You wanted a full copy of each of our songs sent to you, right? Should I just send you an MP3 or do you want a wav?

On my part: I haven't changed anything. I don't think I have time to acquire Code Geass for a flatline, if everyone thinks a flatline is important enough I could try to animate one myself, but if it's not important I'm not sure its worth it.

I had problems with compression in the full-length version of the AMV so I want would like to submit my part as huffyuv (so it only really gets compressed once), but the file size for it is 402MB and I don't know what free site will host a file that large.

Poster: If no one else is interested I can make one.
Warlike Swans

Postby TritioAFB » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:19 pm

I'll be greatly thankful if you do me the favor ;)

Ok about the file, AngelDragoon used FileServe, try using it.

If you can't use it, try doing this instead:

Cut the file in parts so that you'll send the vid in parts that will weight less than sending me the whole final with 400 Mbs of size

Also, this is the last week, so hurry submitting the final. I'll let you decide about the flatline, so take the decision that best fits you :up:

About the file: In this moment send in what format you have. If it's MP3 ok, if it's WAV is ok, it's all good.

I'll have to finish the whole MEP at next friday, so I recommend everyone to send me the finals before friday. I really mean it when I say I'll not wait anyone :/
ImageImage
TritioAFB

Postby Mkid » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:20 pm

I UPLOADED a NEW BETA! I got MOST of it done!, 10 seconds till i finish.... Give me feedback please! :bear:
Mkid
Im on the case

Postby Warlike Swans » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:19 pm

Mkid:
Spoiler :
Biggest issue is frame-blending. I don't know if you are a Vegas user, but if you are you may need to go through and make sure you've disabled resample on each clip. (Bane of Vegas.)

I don't care for the font-color in the beginning, it's kinda 80s computer monitor. My inclination would be to try a white tone, but you probably want to experiment a bit.

0:33 I think it should still be just Tamaki and Haruhi at this point. I think the scene at 0:40 should be the first introduction of the male rivals.

0:41 "Two" (shot of Tamaki). Since this is a repeat maybe it should be zoomed in further than the previous shot of the clip.

0:45 ish to 0:47 "One, two three, four." "One two" and "three four" should match--instead of the zoom for "three, four" it should have a cut between the two levels of scale. (Hope that's phrased clearly.)

1:06 I don't like the clip of Haruhi's(?) feet on the beach, it just doesn't fit.

I <3 the energy of this piece. :D
Warlike Swans

Postby Mkid » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:Mkid:
Spoiler :
Biggest issue is frame-blending. I don't know if you are a Vegas user, but if you are you may need to go through and make sure you've disabled resample on each clip. (Bane of Vegas.)

I don't care for the font-color in the beginning, it's kinda 80s computer monitor. My inclination would be to try a white tone, but you probably want to experiment a bit.

0:33 I think it should still be just Tamaki and Haruhi at this point. I think the scene at 0:40 should be the first introduction of the male rivals.

0:41 "Two" (shot of Tamaki). Since this is a repeat maybe it should be zoomed in further than the previous shot of the clip.

0:45 ish to 0:47 "One, two three, four." "One two" and "three four" should match--instead of the zoom for "three, four" it should have a cut between the two levels of scale. (Hope that's phrased clearly.)

1:06 I don't like the clip of Haruhi's(?) feet on the beach, it just doesn't fit.

I <3 the energy of this piece. :D

Thanks im glad you like it so far :D! imma take every bit of advice you gave me,and ill update it by tomorrow night...
Mkid
Im on the case

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:25 am

Replying to the pm I recieved.

I'm swamped at the moment, so I will try my HARDEST to get something done before the end of the week. Overtime is killing me alongside classes and whatnot. >_<
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:44 pm

New beta up.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby TritioAFB » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:01 pm

Sorry if I haven't left an Op Mkid, been busy. Code, if there are not any change you want to make to this version, consider this one as the final
ImageImage
TritioAFB

Postby AngelDragoon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Quick critiques if anybody want 'em!

Mkid:
Spoiler :
I agree, the upbeat atmosphere is great! I like the pacing in this. The few things I can think to change would be the font in the beginning, (it is a little hard to read...maybe add a shadow?), and the upper push transition at :25. Seems a bit out of place since it's not used in the rest of it. :sweat: Otherwise, love it!

Code:
Spoiler :
Pacing is muuuch better in this one. The only thing that seems a little strange is at 1:25-1:31, since it seems to go by a little too quickly those first two clips and then two slowly with the last two. Other than that, awesome stuff. :up:

SatoshiSakura:
Spoiler :
Yay for the fixed up lip-sync! XD While it's a pretty strong piece still, there's two things that caught my eye technically. One was the font; it seemed like it was a little lower than centered and while it's not that big of a deal I figured I'd mention something. Also, in the transition of 1:25-1:26, it seems like a clip from another scene got caught in there for a split second. But perhaps it's the dissolve playing tricks on me. :sweat:

Project Beta:
Spoiler :
Cute beginning and I can see where it's going, but uh...the track between mind and the one following...the one with the blue haired girl. Is it suppose to be extended, a transition, or just a really, REALLY short track? D:

If I missed anybody, (or if anybody else wants some input), let me know! D:
AngelDragoon

Postby TritioAFB » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Actually you won't believe me who made that track xD

But yeah, although short I don't have any other option since the changes of beats from your part to mine are very high, so that track is supposed to be a transition
ImageImage
TritioAFB

Postby AngelDragoon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:58 pm

I see the predicament... :uhoh: Perhaps then transitions should be added between every track? Maybe with the upcoming editor/song/anime or quotes about love or something? Just to add a little more cohesion, because that blue haired girl reaaaally stands out to me from the rest of the video. XD;
AngelDragoon

Postby TritioAFB » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:31 pm

lol for real? I thought nobody was going to notice her u.u
ImageImage
TritioAFB

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Editor Projects