Valentine MEP 2012 - Phase 1

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:39 pm

How do you feel about yaoi entries? Because last year they were banned, and it made me a very sad Codez. ;____;

If I could possibly do that, I'd want to do Chemicals React with Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi. Otherwise, I've got nothing else in the works planned.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby TritioAFB » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:43 pm

CodeZTM wrote:How do you feel about yaoi entries? Because last year they were banned, and it made me a very sad Codez. ;____;

If I could possibly do that, I'd want to do Chemicals React with Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi. Otherwise, I've got nothing else in the works planned.



Ok, I didn't mention it again:

Post all your info with this format:

Animes:
Song:

So that I can start saving the info about your tracks. Come on guys, I count with all you :shark:
Last edited by TritioAFB on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Leh sigh. /sadderz again

Oh well, I'll figure something out eventually.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby TritioAFB » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:46 pm

Man, the name of the song is Chemical Reacts. And the singer?
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby Warlike Swans » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:02 pm

TritioAFB wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:
You can obviously realize that I'll not allow yaoi entries, or yuri. Moderate Ecchi and Fan Service may be accepted but if it meets the conditions.



Why not? (And why would that be obvious?)
User avatar
Warlike Swans
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Status: Pending

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby TritioAFB » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Do I seem like a yaoi fanboy? xD

Hmm, forget what I said about Yaoi. You said you have an idea Code, just only for this time and I mean it :P. I registered your info besides

And Warlike Swans, since you're asking, do you have also an idea?

Pd: Reason why I'll allow this time the yaoi is to see what some editors can really do with it. The way you can surprise me here is making the anime look like if it were really a Yaoi one without being it :awesome:

Although.... some people might hate me for taking this decision, but since it's not true that all the Valentine's MEP should look exactly the same
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby kireblue » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:32 pm

If I recall correctly, Yaoi and Yuri were banned last year, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai were acceptable. (the difference being that Yaoi and Yuri are used to to describe sexual relationships, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai are used to describe non-sexual relationships). Are you choosing to make that distinction?

My track last year was "technically" a Shoujo-ai relationship (although one of them is a a cross dresser). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hro-CAgSLI
Image
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby Warlike Swans » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:42 pm

The only Yuri idea I have involves Bleach.... and I'm still feeling burnt out on that one from like 3 years ago. I really just asked because I'd feel weird joining a project that actually had rules against it... social consciousness and all that.

Since you said comedy was ok as long as it was still Valentine's Day appropriate my idea is Sgt Frog with Brentalfloss' Chronotrigger the Musical; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaWB-0VkTXs The song itself is about 1:18.

kireblue wrote:If I recall correctly, Yaoi and Yuri were banned last year, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai were acceptable. (the difference being that Yaoi and Yuri are used to to describe sexual relationships, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai are used to describe non-sexual relationships).


Oh. (I wish i could get the proper intonation on that, because it was totally new information to me, it was an "oh" of revelation.)
User avatar
Warlike Swans
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Status: Pending

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby SatoshiSakura » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:46 pm

I'd like to join. :)

If I can get my hands on some Kobato, I'll be using that.
User avatar
SatoshiSakura
 
Joined: 06 Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Status: org stalker since 2007

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby kireblue » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Warlike Swans wrote:
kireblue wrote:If I recall correctly, Yaoi and Yuri were banned last year, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai were acceptable. (the difference being that Yaoi and Yuri are used to to describe sexual relationships, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai are used to describe non-sexual relationships).


Oh. (I wish i could get the proper intonation on that, because it was totally new information to me, it was an "oh" of revelation.)


intonation? you mean pronunciation? Shonen-ai = Show nin (ninja) I
Shoujo-ai = Show Joe I
more info
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... .php?id=48
Image
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
User avatar
kireblue
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby TritioAFB » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:12 pm

kireblue wrote:(the difference being that Yaoi and Yuri are used to to describe sexual relationships, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai are used to describe non-sexual relationships). Are you choosing to make that distinction?


Normally I'm against yaoi or yuri, basically cause I associated them to what you currently mentioned my man. But it's ok, I actually didn't know about the Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai :uhoh:

Thanks kireblue for clearing the concept between yaoi/yuri and shonen-ai/shoujo-ai

As long as it is PG-13 or that I don't have to explain my little apprentice about what the chars in the clip do , you can do whatever thing you want :mrgreen: .

Ok Warlike, I'll add you in the list :wink:

Also: I like the rule "first comes first serves" but in case 1 anime is already taken, editor A never made a contact and editor B request that anime, I'll give it to him/her. So basically don't get lost, if you believe you can't complete the track please let us know

Anime mix will be allowed. Even animes taken will count as long as you make a good remix with the other animes :aimkissyface:
Last edited by TritioAFB on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby hxchip » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:18 pm

kireblue wrote:
Warlike Swans wrote:
kireblue wrote:If I recall correctly, Yaoi and Yuri were banned last year, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai were acceptable. (the difference being that Yaoi and Yuri are used to to describe sexual relationships, but Shonen-ai and Shoujo-ai are used to describe non-sexual relationships).


Oh. (I wish i could get the proper intonation on that, because it was totally new information to me, it was an "oh" of revelation.)


intonation? you mean pronunciation? Shonen-ai = Show nin (ninja) I
Shoujo-ai = Show Joe I
more info
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... .php?id=48


I think they meant the actual intonation of how they'd say "Oh" in real life. Not an "Oh, not again" kind of "oh;" but an "Oh, I never new that before!" kind of "oh." If you follow that logic....


On another note: I'll probably be trying to make a nice sappy track to Ai Yori Aoshi +Enishi. Call it cliché if you like, but it'll probably be a dedication to my wife, and she likes Ai Yori as well. =)

The plan could change if I decide to do a full-length AMV from the idea rather than a short track (I'd rather not kill it by doing both), but I'll post here if that's the case.
hxchip
 
Joined: 13 Oct 2003
Location: Lilburn, GA

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby Warlike Swans » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:27 pm

hxchip wrote:
I think they meant the actual intonation of how they'd say "Oh" in real life. Not an "Oh, not again" kind of "oh;" but an "Oh, I never knew that before!" kind of "oh." If you follow that logic....


Totally. Poor Kireblue nearly got a list of words I conscientiously never misuse.


TritioAFB wrote:Ok Warlike, I'll add you in the list :wink:

Awesome :D
User avatar
Warlike Swans
 
Joined: 20 Oct 2010
Status: Pending

Re: Valentine MEP 2011 - Interest Gauge

Postby TritioAFB » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Take your time hxchip. If I don't have bad memory, Rider4z made a solo track for the Valentine MEP 2011 and the full amv of her track: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=180819
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
 
Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Location: Honduras
Status: Doctor

Re: Valentine MEP 2012 - Interest Gauge

Postby lloyd9988 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:31 am

Song: Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
Anime: Loveless

I don't want to go too crazy with the music since I'm already working with Loveless. Anyway, I'll cut and mix the music to see what sounds good first, send Tritio and/or CodeZTM the song and, if it sounds good with them, I'll get right into editing. :D
~Yo~
User avatar
lloyd9988
 
Joined: 15 May 2011
Location: AZ
Status: Yeahhhhh......

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Editor Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests