The Fame Monster - uploaded! - Check announcements thread!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
lloyd9988
Org Profile

Re: The Fame Monster - Full beta deadline due 29th January

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Taite:
Spoiler :
*_* :up: It looks Amazing! Some personal editing preferences on my side but it looks amazingly awesome. Great job Taite! :D

*Personal Editing Preference* 0:32: It would be nicer if the scenes were changed from Day to Night so they follow the coloring of the scenes after that scene. Doesn't have to be done and it'll still look amazing without it :P

*Another Personal Editing Preference* 0:35 - 0:36: With the moon and the boy and girl, you could time the opacity to go from 100% - 50% or 35% from beginning to end so that'll kind of give it a bit more feel to it with the piano. Again, doesn't have to be done and still looks amazing without but it may help. Yet, overall, this is definitely ready for a final :up:
Kamih:
Spoiler :
I'm still trying to figure out how you did that awesome editing xD My only real complaint is the seconds near the ending where the girl sheds a tear sideways. *Personal Editing Preference* Its out of synch with the piano and it could be better synched with the piano. If you want to keep it as is, that's cool too. You still did an amazing job with your part and is completely ready for a final. :D
Overall, the timing between you two is going to work perfectly!

Pockying:
Spoiler :
Had to take a second look at it to give an opinion. Honestly, everything looks good except the ending because I just don't like the ending :P Other than the ending, you make your part look amazing! :P

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:44 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:Taite:
Spoiler :
*_* :up: It looks Amazing! Some personal editing preferences on my side but it looks amazingly awesome. Great job Taite! :D

*Personal Editing Preference* 0:32: It would be nicer if the scenes were changed from Day to Night so they follow the coloring of the scenes after that scene. Doesn't have to be done and it'll still look amazing without it :P

*Another Personal Editing Preference* 0:35 - 0:36: With the moon and the boy and girl, you could time the opacity to go from 100% - 50% or 35% from beginning to end so that'll kind of give it a bit more feel to it with the piano. Again, doesn't have to be done and still looks amazing without but it may help. Yet, overall, this is definitely ready for a final :up:
Yeah, I wish I could change :32 to night as well ): Unfortunately, that'd take a lot of manipulation that isn't quite possible in Vegas, at least if you want it to look nice. I actually ran out of scenes, surprisingly, that would fit this part well, which is why there's the bad transition from day to night. However, I'm thinking about changing the moon scene to either a shot of the day or sunset. I'll see what I can manage here :p

As for the second part, you think I shouldn't fade out the boy and girl completely? Watching that part over again, it fades out completely with the note that is being played, so I'm not sure what you mean by it will match the piano better o:

Thanks for the crit (:
Image Image

Kamih
Org Profile

Post by Kamih » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:44 pm

lloyd9988 wrote: Kamih:
Spoiler :
I'm still trying to figure out how you did that awesome editing xD My only real complaint is the seconds near the ending where the girl sheds a tear sideways. *Personal Editing Preference* Its out of synch with the piano and it could be better synched with the piano. If you want to keep it as is, that's cool too. You still did an amazing job with your part and is completely ready for a final. :D
roflmao, you really think that was awesome editing? lololol... my confidence is a big mess so everything i do is like rubbish e____e especially for amv, since i edit with games more LOL
but i want to learn and to improve making amv's so yeah here i am 8D -shoots myself-

and thanks alot for your advise ... i didn't got that until you pointed it out :D *fixed it already* ;)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:00 pm

lloyd9988 wrote:Taite:
Spoiler :
This would be nice.
Taite wrote: Yeah, I wish I could change :32 to night as well ): Unfortunately, that'd take a lot of manipulation that isn't quite possible in Vegas, at least if you want it to look nice. I actually ran out of scenes, surprisingly, that would fit this part well, which is why there's the bad transition from day to night. However, I'm thinking about changing the moon scene to either a shot of the day or sunset. I'll see what I can manage here :p
But this will also work. :) Also make a black fade in at 0:39, maybe just 1 or 2 frames long so the sync is more noticeable but also smoother. Aside from those I don't really see any other changes needed since it looks perfect already. :up: So just send me the final when you're happy. ^^

Kamih: :twisted: JK, it's only small changes.
Spoiler :
Me no likey the flare thing at 0:08 D: It looked good before without it at all. Also you missed a lot of beats at 0:10...not entirely sure whether that was intentional or not. If it is, please go back and add more Hotsuma scenes for ze sync. If it's uh..for artistic purposes, then apply the cutter effect from the previous scene on it aswell so the AR looks the same and that should pass. :3 Fade in the scene at 0:12 earlier. (just start fading in before the text disappears) use a crossfade instead of a hardcut at 0:18. Fade out to black at the end of the shifting glass at 0:24 and black fade in the scene after it.(so instead of a crossfade) Scene at 0:31 make it longer so there isn't such a big black part. And fade in 0:32 earlier so it's synced to "you". Make the crossfade at 0:36 shorter(just 1-2 frames) so by the time "less" is sung it should have already transitioned. And also make the flash at 0:37 brighter/stronger so it's more prominent for the beat.
But zomg, pretty part is pretty. ;__; It's so beautiful and the ending is just gorgeous. <3 Good job you. :up:

Edit:
Kamih wrote: like i told ya in the text already, ... you agree with taite for disagreeing yourself in agreeing again ?! xD ... le WHAT?! LOL
YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT?!?! XDDD

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Taite wrote:As for the second part, you think I shouldn't fade out the boy and girl completely? Watching that part over again, it fades out completely with the note that is being played, so I'm not sure what you mean by it will match the piano better o:

Thanks for the crit (:
Lol np :P

Also, its kind of a fade out that can be completely dark with the moon and the couple before the next scene rather than have the cell phone fade in after the moon, i.e. fade out both the moon and the couple at the same time to either completely dark or close to it and do a hard cut on the cell phone. But, personally, I wouldn't mess with it because it looks good as is. :up:

Kamih
Org Profile

Post by Kamih » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:50 am

AimoAio wrote: Kamih: :twisted: JK, it's only small changes.
Spoiler :
Me no likey the flare thing at 0:08 D: It looked good before without it at all. Also you missed a lot of beats at 0:10...not entirely sure whether that was intentional or not. If it is, please go back and add more Hotsuma scenes for ze sync. If it's uh..for artistic purposes, then apply the cutter effect from the previous scene on it aswell so the AR looks the same and that should pass. :3 Fade in the scene at 0:12 earlier. (just start fading in before the text disappears) use a crossfade instead of a hardcut at 0:18. Fade out to black at the end of the shifting glass at 0:24 and black fade in the scene after it.(so instead of a crossfade) Scene at 0:31 make it longer so there isn't such a big black part. And fade in 0:32 earlier so it's synced to "you". Make the crossfade at 0:36 shorter(just 1-2 frames) so by the time "less" is sung it should have already transitioned. And also make the flash at 0:37 brighter/stronger so it's more prominent for the beat.
But zomg, pretty part is pretty. ;__; It's so beautiful and the ending is just gorgeous. <3 Good job you. :up:
at first i thought you saw/downloaded the wrong beta LOLOLOL
anyway i changed most parts of it already, but i disagree with the light rays (if you mean those with flare) because me likey and this is surely not gonna get deleted LOL
also @ 0:10 i tired it with more beats but it simply doesn't work so i only made 2 b/w beats :3

AimoAio wrote: Edit:
Kamih wrote: like i told ya in the text already, ... you agree with taite for disagreeing yourself in agreeing again ?! xD ... le WHAT?! LOL
YEAH BECAUSE THIS IS MAD AND NOBODY CAN FOLLOW IT XD .... agreeception LOL

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:13 am

Kamih wrote: at first i thought you saw/downloaded the wrong beta LOLOLOL
anyway i changed most parts of it already, but i disagree with the light rays (if you mean those with flare) because me likey and this is surely not gonna get deleted LOL
also @ 0:10 i tired it with more beats but it simply doesn't work so i only made 2 b/w beats :3
Okay, well once you fix up those fades just send me the final. :)
Kamih wrote:
AimoAio wrote: Edit:
YEAH BECAUSE THIS IS MAD AND NOBODY CAN FOLLOW IT XD .... agreeception LOL
Not my fault I'm mad.

XDD

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:09 pm

@lloyd
Spoiler :
Nooo, pleaseee, no color correction ):
Seriously, that's the only thing I suggest changing. Just take all of it, and throw it out the window. If you insist on having it, at least don't make it as bright :uhoh:
And I quite like the ending. I can't remember how it was before, but I think whatever you did or didn't do, the ending would provide a smoother transition (:
@AyumiNeko
Spoiler :
Wow, the quality is superb. Nicely done (:
Usually I have some criticism, but here I don't. It was very well edited and beautiful. I'd say it's ready for a final (:
Image Image

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Taite wrote:@lloyd
Spoiler :
This. I'm comparing it with the one you sent before though, so I'm not sure if it's the colour/filters that are distorting the quality because it looked REALLY awesome before it. Just remove it at 0:04-0:06.(main scenes not the overlays) The other ones look fine to me. Being honest though, I felt like the colouring was much nicer in the 2nd beta you sent out. :(
Spoiler :
If you don't remember which beta I'm talking about is, I still have a copy I can show you. |:>
Instead of the black fade at 0:28, you should fade in the end part of the overlay again from 0:27. I just feel like the black fade isn't working that great with the pacing you had. Or alternatively just lengthen the scene at 0:28 so it'll crossfade instead. (which you also did before I think)

Also for the ending, I think it'll be better if the scene was moving. The scene itself is OK, just perhaps use the part where she's still moving.

--> Otherwise ready for final. You can send one last beta with the colours corrected to me or if you are happy enough with it then you can just submit the final when you're ready. :up:

@AyumiNeko
Such awesome quality! *o* I have only 2 minor things you might want to consider but it's not essential you change it:
1. The second overlay beat sync at 0:29/30. The beat before it feels like an end beat so when you sync the second one it actually throws you off a little, so rather than use a black fade out/in with the zoom, make it a short crossfade + the zoom. It should still sync to the beat but be less noticeable and flows better.
2. I'd like you to add an effect of some sort to the chime background sound at around 0:34 for the sync. It doesn't have to be much, perhaps a light flash/flicker will work. Because it's quite a noticeable sound and it feels sorta weird without anything to go with it.

-->Otherwise also approved for final status. Send it when you're ready. :up:

Remember finals are to be in 848x480, 23.976fps and in lagarith lossless codec. Also please include the audio so I can perfectly sync your track. If it's in the wrong frame size or frame rate then I will convert it for you, but I can't guarantee it'll look as nice as it would have been if you'd sent it in the right specs. :P

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 pm

AimoAio wrote:
Taite wrote:@lloyd
Spoiler :
This. I'm comparing it with the one you sent before though, so I'm not sure if it's the colour/filters that are distorting the quality because it looked REALLY awesome before it. Just remove it at 0:04-0:06.(main scenes not the overlays) The other ones look fine to me. Being honest though, I felt like the colouring was much nicer in the 2nd beta you sent out. :(
Spoiler :
Quoted Image converted to link:
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6135 ... 004201.png
If you don't remember which beta I'm talking about is, I still have a copy I can show you. |:>
Instead of the black fade at 0:28, you should fade in the end part of the overlay again from 0:27. I just feel like the black fade isn't working that great with the pacing you had. Or alternatively just lengthen the scene at 0:28 so it'll crossfade instead. (which you also did before I think)

Also for the ending, I think it'll be better if the scene was moving. The scene itself is OK, just perhaps use the part where she's still moving.
Umm... I forgot to mention this before sending out the beta, but I didn't color correct everything because I was sending out this beta because it takes soooo fraken long to render when everything is color corrected. But that'll help me out knowing the second beta was better, Thanks :)

Also, yeah. . . I'm still trying to find a scene that'll look good for a transition. I did have something that I kinda liked but wasn't really sure if that could be used as a transition or not :P Thanks guys.

@ Ayumi: Everything has already been said, I can't wait to put it together! xD

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”