Lucid Nightmare - The Halloween MEP [Compiling]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [1st Beta: Oct 14

Post by AimoAio » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:01 am

kireblue wrote:I just uploaded a preview of track 7 to the document that Code made.
Ohhhh, I really like the idea! :mrgreen: I think some darker colouring to give it more of a creepy-feeling might be nice. :up:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:50 am

AimoAio wrote:
kireblue wrote:I just uploaded a preview of track 7 to the document that Code made.
Ohhhh, I really like the idea! :mrgreen: I think some darker colouring to give it more of a creepy-feeling might be nice. :up:
good idea

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:49 am

Oooh. This looks VERY interested, and I love where it's going. :)

I agree on the "darker bit" though. It's a good suggestion, especially since it looks like daytime during the first little bit.

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:10 pm

I really like the idea for track 7 :D

My source is in the mail right now so I can't say for sure if I'll have a scene to upload for the 30th...maaaaaaybe for the 3rd I'm hoping :uhoh:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Okay I added a beta with Steins;Gate. I think I'll be using this source so you can update that on the front page. ;)

Btw I'm sorry for the awful quality. The lossless I rendered looks perfect but after encoding it looked like crap. :uhoh: I'll update the link later tonight and this time I'll encode it in full quality. XD Because for now you can't see the scene at 0:07. Though do let me know about anything else I should change.

Also about the character shots we need to send...do you want them as pictures/stills or actual clips with them moving?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Dammnit Aimo, now I've got another anime to add to my "to watch" list. ;__;

:03 has a lot of scene changes for my taste. It feels appropriate, but is a lot faster than the rest of the AMV, which is why I mention it.

Other than that, it looks/feels great in my opinion.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:36 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Dammnit Aimo, now I've got another anime to add to my "to watch" list. ;__;

:03 has a lot of scene changes for my taste. It feels appropriate, but is a lot faster than the rest of the AMV, which is why I mention it.

I just spoiled up to episode 13 for you then. XD

Anyway I updated the link to the beta, now you can actually see what's at 0:06 although the quality is still kinda iffy. XD I think I just suck at encoding. :uhoh: Anyway I've removed one of the scenes at 0:03 so it should be a little slower now but it's not synced to the lyrics anymore. Also added some more fades and blurs to places and removed some at others. Hope it's a little better than before. ;) I'm still a little hesitant of the zoom out at 0:23, so let me know what you guys think about it.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:07 am

AimoAio wrote:
CodeZTM wrote:Dammnit Aimo, now I've got another anime to add to my "to watch" list. ;__;

I just spoiled up to episode 13 for you then. XD

Anyway I updated the link to the beta, now you can actually see what's at 0:06 although the quality is still kinda iffy. XD I think I just suck at encoding. :uhoh: Anyway I've removed one of the scenes at 0:03 so it should be a little slower now but it's not synced to the lyrics anymore. Also added some more fades and blurs to places and removed some at others. Hope it's a little better than before. ;) I'm still a little hesitant of the zoom out at 0:23, so let me know what you guys think about it.
I like it :up: Oh and, the zoom looks perfect. It fits in so naturally that I didn't even notice that you added it.
AimoAio wrote: Also about the character shots we need to send...do you want them as pictures/stills or actual clips with them moving?
That just gave me an idea. I wonder how it would look if I used still shots in track 1, but used "moving pictures" in track 7.

But for the character shots that I'm using in the opening, I'll need still images. I also need a few clips from your anime in order mask them into the giant picture frame that I'll be using in both track 1 and 7. Oh and btw, I plan on using the images to represent or "credit" you. Under the image that everyone sends me, I plan on writing your name in a bloody font.
yeah, Steins Gate and Madoka are probably the 2 best anime to come out this year (IMO).

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Aimo, I love it to death. [How punny. XD]

I personally think it's ready for final status and uploading a lagarith, but I want to hear more from the others first. ;3

Oh, and I posted my first beta on the page. Please note that I'm going to replace a lot of scenes [especially at the end of the night segment and the middle of the day segement]. I just wanted to get a basic beat sync down to see if it was ok with ya'll. Enjoy!

Although after seeing Aimo's track, I'm almost thinking my track may be too lighthearted in comparison. /adds moar zombie flesh eating

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 pm

great work Code. And I absolutely love the transition that you did 15 seconds into the video. :up:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”