Lucid Nightmare - The Halloween MEP [Compiling]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [1st Beta: Oct 14

Post by AimoAio » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Code:
I somehow had a feeling when I heard your part that you would use that motorbike scene in HOTD. :asd: And it's nice. But perhaps playing around with some colouring to make it darker/night-time might help with the creepy mood. :up: Oh and this.
CodeZTM wrote: /adds moar zombie flesh eating
Would definitely make it even more horror-esque. |:>

FadingSunDown:
I can't seem to view your beta for some reason. In MPC, it'll play the first 2 seconds then the rest is just darkness. In VLC, I can see the video but it's extremely blocky so I can't make out what's what. :uhoh: Though from the minimal bits I could actually see, it looks pretty good. :mrgreen: Did you encode the beta in zarx? If so, I might need a .wmv version to view it properly. :uhoh:

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm having the same issue on my end FS. :(

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Aimo: Oh gosh, perfectly dark and creepy, I think your track is pretty solid! I approve :up:

Code: Love your beat sync, but definitely needs moar zombies to give it that extra halloweeny feel :wink:

FS: LoveloveLOVE your track so far! I need to pick this series up again *_* One nitpicky thing I have is the lip flap at :13, think you can either get rid of that or have it sync to the lyrics? As for the text, I don't have a problem with it. I think the track will be fine with or without it, so up to you if you want to keep it or not! :)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:45 pm

AllyKatAVR wrote:Aimo: Oh gosh, perfectly dark and creepy, I think your track is pretty solid! I approve :up:

Code: Love your beat sync, but definitely needs moar zombies to give it that extra halloweeny feel :wink:

FS: LoveloveLOVE your track so far! I need to pick this series up again *_* One nitpicky thing I have is the lip flap at :13, think you can either get rid of that or have it sync to the lyrics? As for the text, I don't have a problem with it. I think the track will be fine with or without it, so up to you if you want to keep it or not! :)
Ally, what did you use to watch FS's track? Or was it magic? :uhoh:

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Of all things, it would only play correctly with Windows Media Player. Go figure XD

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:18 pm

FS: Ok, I really enjoyed it. I also echo the lip flap bit, and I think the text looked neat. Other than that, I'm happy to get a final out of this! :)

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:05 am

I fail at encoding, from all the correct settings you can choose, I always manage to mess it all up xD. I updated the link now, I didnt change anything from the previous beta, I only encoded it correctly (if im right ><). I think I'll keep the text then. The lip sync thingy, I will see if I can get it right or else I'll find another clip for it ;). I will work on my part today when I get back from school, I still need to make the 10 first seconds of my part :3.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:28 am

Oh I see. I'll watch the beta tonight when I get back tonight. As for encoding I have some simple screenshots made up from before so I'll send you the link for it(its on my laptop and I'm at uni just now)and it should be able to help you with the encoding. :)

Edit: Screenshots are here

Rendering settings I use for Vegas if you need it.
Spoiler :
I tend to just replace the res(848x480) to whatever the original source res was for normal AMVs. Hope this helps with your encoding! ^^

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks alot Aimo :3! Encoding is still one big unsolved puzzle for me xD. I'll render with those settings from now on and then run it through zarx ;). Again, thanks! I hope you enjoy my beta now ^^.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:38 am

You're welcome. ;) AND YES. I LOVE IT. :up: I already had Windows Media Player installed, just I never thought of trying to play back stuff on that. :rofl:

Anyway it's really good, it has a dark atmosphere so the colours are brought out very well. :up: I also love the text since it looks very sophisticated, although I can't really see the first one very clearly so could you lighten it just a tiny bit?

Also I forgot to mention in the last post, I set the fps at 23.976 because my source was at 23.976 but if your source is originally another fps, remember to change it before rendering or you'll get blendy looking frames which are not nice at all. XD

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”