Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [1st Beta: Oct 14

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:06 pm

AimoAio wrote: I'm sorry, please don't shoot me. XD
Sounds like a good MEP name to me :up:

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:59 pm

Im going to London the day after tomorrow, so I worked hard to finish my part before I go on my schooltrip (I will only be away for 5 days though xD).
I put up a download link in the sheet of my new beta, and I think my part is ready for final, but I really want to hear your opinions so that I can make my part even better ^_^.

Also, I have put 3 pictures in the Character section. I want to know if you, Kireblue can do something with those or if they arent horror enough or if they are just not what you seek ;3.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanks FS! I'll take a look at it here in a few hours.

Just a reminder that I too have a new track up on the sheet as well. ;)

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:46 pm

FadingSundown: I really like it. Actually I think it's ready for being a final but I'm a little unsure as to whether 0:11 and 0:33 was lipsync or not. 0:11 fits pretty well but it's just a little off. And for 0:33 it looks more like lipflap than lipsync.

Code: I think it's almost ready for final but there's a few places that I think you can replace with something better. 0:10 & 0:13 when he's whacking zombies look quite similar since it's from the same camera angle. I think at 0:15 you could give it a bit of blur and camera shake just so the scene doesn't feel so static. And at 0:23 I think you can just chop off the early part of that scene with the zombie face and just have the cut with him directly whacking the zombie after the girl screaming(probably just a few frames). Also the scene at 0:26 doesn't quite fit because it looks a little comedic in comparison with the rest which is dark and scary. Otherwise really nice. :up:

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:22 pm

I just added a new beta of track 7. I darkened the frame scene in order to tone down the fact that it is taking place in the morning. Also, I masked in the pictures.

I still have some masking to do for track 1 and 7, but I'll have something ready in a few days. I still need almost all of you to send me footage from your shows though. I googled pics from everyone's show in order to mask them into my track, but I can't really move forward without the video clips.

FadingSundown
Org Profile

Post by FadingSundown » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:24 am

At 0:11 it was lip sync, I tried to time the lip sync at 0:33 better than before, but I guess they're both a bit off T-T. I will look into those scenes again when I get back. On that note, I am now in the bus to Londen so I will watch the betas of Code and Kire over 5 or 6 days ;3.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:23 am

Kireblue: Yeah your idea is really nice. I like the pictures at the end though they do look a little pixelly but I guess that's because we haven't sent you any high res images yet. :rofl: And about the darkening...it still feels quite light because we can see the light blue sky behind the frame. I just had another idea, how about masking out the frame and keeping everything inside it in colour but everything outside of it in black and white? You could even add a sharp contrast or turn the brightness really low so its even creepier.
FadingSundown wrote:At 0:11 it was lip sync, I tried to time the lip sync at 0:33 better than before, but I guess they're both a bit off T-T. I will look into those scenes again when I get back. On that note, I am now in the bus to Londen so I will watch the betas of Code and Kire over 5 or 6 days ;3.
Yeah 0:11 is just a tiny bit off if you look closely. It's probably fine and I'm being picky. XD But 0:33 I would definitely recommend taking a look at. If you can't lipsync it, just remove the lipflap and it'll look okay. :up:

I'll have another beta along with the character pictures and clips up tomorrow since I have work today. |:>

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:07 pm

I've updated the spreadsheet with another beta, this time with the added contrast. It looks a lot less grey than the last one but if I add anymore, you won't be able to see the picture very clearly. XD And I've also added the .zip file with the character images and clips is also up for kireblue to use in his track. ;)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:45 pm

Kire, I love the idea you've got going for that. I agree on the darkening that Aimo suggested. I'll shoot you a high res picture for that soon. I didn't even hit my own deadline. /shamed

FS, I really liked the full track. I didn't personally care for the lip sync myself , but if you tighten it up and fix it, then I wouldn't be opposed to it being in there. ;)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:39 pm

I never really specified any kind of preference for the character screenshots, but I kinda feel that screenshots from the episodes or everyone's AMV would be best. I'm trying to give off the impression that the images you all send me are actually photos on the wall. So I don't think that manga stills, wallpapers, or images with significantly different animation styles than the actual anime would work.

So I guess that I can just take freeze frames from everyone's beta or the clips that you send me. But if anyone think that they have a image that might work, feel free to send it to me.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”