Lucid Nightmare - The Halloween MEP [Compiling]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [1st Beta: Oct 14

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:Hmm, personally, I liked it how at the beginning the swirling of the two characters holding hands transitioned to the nighttime. The darkening and other stuff is good, but I kinda preferred that transition a little better. It flowed better to me.
I personally did too, but when I added the new scenery, I thought it might be too jarring to go back to the motorcyle so quickly. >_< Suggestions?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:16 pm

just added a beta of track 1. I gotta do some darkening to it though. Oh and, I gotta mask out the giant picture frame again and fill in smaller photos as well.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:43 pm

CodeZTM wrote:
Kazemon15 wrote:Hmm, personally, I liked it how at the beginning the swirling of the two characters holding hands transitioned to the nighttime. The darkening and other stuff is good, but I kinda preferred that transition a little better. It flowed better to me.
I personally did too, but when I added the new scenery, I thought it might be too jarring to go back to the motorcyle so quickly. >_< Suggestions?

Hmm well....you could always have the clips the way they were and overlay them with the zombie killing. You can try and see if that works. Kinda like I did with my Mukuro track with his eye during "not gonna play nice" part.

And kireblue: Creepy opening is creepy lol. Btw, do you need some more clips from me? I'll be happy to send you more to try and fit more.

Also check announcement thread, Bulletproof now available.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:39 pm

I enjoyed the opeing thus far. I'm guessing that the screenshots are going behind the names, and the frame at the end is where the video scenes are going?

I might suggest adding a darker themed look to the house and everything though. It looks just a little too bright for everything. I also would like to see a fade from the first sign to the second sign, since it really pops up very quickly. Maybe a third scene after the second sign and then go to the house? Just some suggestions, but you've still got Aimo and others to get other feedback from too.

EDIT: Also, a friend of mine is sending me a better quality version of my footage than the DVD that I have, so I'll be remaking my track from scratch this weekend. Not much will probably chance, except with much prettier footage. <3

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Re: The Halloween MEP : [7/7 Tracks Taken] [Final Due: Oct

Post by AimoAio » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:20 pm

CodeZTM wrote: I might suggest adding a darker themed look to the house and everything though. It looks just a little too bright for everything.
x2. The scenes are perfectly creepy on their own but the mood doesn't feel very scary because it's bright. You could strengthen the blue colouring around the sky probably just to give it more of a "night" feel. I LOVE the font for the names though, it looks like they're written in blood. :asd:

Code's track: Any chance of switching either 0:10 or 0:14 with an alternative? Just they look kinda similar. Also you might want to cut the zombie whacking one at around 0:23 a few frames shorter, feels a little slow. I think the problem with the pacing is that you're synching to the lyrics rather than the beats, which is different for a change so it's not necessarily bad. In fact the only scenes I find pretty slow are the ones with the zombies just waving their heads about, not very exciting or frightening to be honest but if you don't want to change it, I find it OK for the moment.

Also you might want to try a bit of colouring like this:
Spoiler :
If I remember correctly you have After Effects right? If it helps I can send you the project file so you can see how I did the colouring? I'm not really good with colouring so I can only help you a little...but I think it'll be a nice experiment to try out for your track. ;)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Um wow. Talk about a heck of a difference. I can work that out on my end. I'm still trying to learn the software myself, so I'll give it another shot with the coloring.

I'll work on that whole section again, and try out some different scenes there.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Kazemon15 wrote: And kireblue: Creepy opening is creepy lol. Btw, do you need some more clips from me? I'll be happy to send you more to try and fit more.
That would be great.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:24 pm

Oh Kireblue, I forgot to mention this directly. Please ignore the footage I sent you. Like I mentioned earlier, I've got HD [blu-ray] rips now, so I'll be sending you better quality stuff tonight. [And hopefully a much remastered beta].

EDIT: New beta is up and available.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:35 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Oh Kireblue, I forgot to mention this directly. Please ignore the footage I sent you. Like I mentioned earlier, I've got HD [blu-ray] rips now, so I'll be sending you better quality stuff tonight. [And hopefully a much remastered beta].

EDIT: New beta is up and available.
OK Code

And on that note, I still need footage from Fading Sundown and AllyKatAVR.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Speaking of AllyKatAVR, has anybody heard from her or is capable of contacting her? I sent her a pm recently, but haven't heard back.

I haven't seen much from her beta since the last one was sent out, and with the final deadline in a week, I'm somewhat nervous. XD

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”