AMV Salad 6...next stop: ZENKAIKON

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 6...now open!

Post by TwilightChrono » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:17 pm

I know every year I promise to turn something in for this and never do. WELL. Time to break that habit. I'll have a good 5 segments for ya to choose from real soon.

SO, jot me down. I'm in.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Welcome aboard, TwilightChrono... again ^^

Hopefully you feel inspiration this year.

And uh... Miko? You seriously kept this from AMVS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFwfJ4Pg ... re=related

Why in the hell would you do something like keep this from AMVS :lol:
ImageImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:21 am

Okay... I gotta check in here. I'm thinking of asking this person if I can do a re-edit of this and include it next year, because it's just too fuckin' funny to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKhnPxRSmCc

I wanted to see what you all think. Again, all the funniest stuff I want to do this year involves curses, and amazingly every clip I managed to do in AMVS5 was somehow clean... give or take the reaction to the Chobits clip ^^ (Blame Troy for saying 'Chobits' when I said "I want to use a car alarm somewhere' and it was born in 5 seconds)

Now that Scott's given the go-ahead with more adult word content, I want to pull off some of the ones I was too nervous to last year.
ImageImageImage

jeremyhac
Org Profile

Post by jeremyhac » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:51 pm

Alright, I mostly lurk on this site but I figured what the hell? Sign me up...I'll be sure to submit a few things before the deadline.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:07 am

jeremyhac wrote:Alright, I mostly lurk on this site but I figured what the hell? Sign me up...I'll be sure to submit a few things before the deadline.
Welcome aboard. Have some fun and come up with funny stuff ^^ We don't become REALLY active until around 4 months until the deadline, but that's no reason not to make clips now if you want to. It's just the type of people we are. Feel free to run any ideas by us here as well. If you see the previous AMVS threads, there is a bit of a quality requirement because while we're an AMV Hell clone, we're a pretty good AMV Hell clone with a bit of a reputation at the cons we're at :D If it doesn't make the majority of us laugh, then there's a good chance a clip will be cut, so don't be afraid to get a critique on an idea or a clip before you get too much into detail so you can be sure it works. We don't bite too badly ;)

Again, welcome about and have fun. Remember to read the submission instructions clearly as well to alleviate hassle later. You'll be grateful you did.
ImageImageImage

krvabo
Org Profile

Post by krvabo » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Actually, I find Salad to be better than Hell.
Sure, Amv Hell had its classic moments, but the whole concept crashed and burned at the third one. Way too much clutter and fake advertisements / parody songs.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 pm

I apologize for my absence.
My computer got hit with a nasty virus and caused my HD to block any attempt to activate Windows after repairing from OS disc.
Doesn't appear like I missed much. :P

Anyway, I'm gonna put up the "rules" for voting on clips for (tentatively titled) AMV Salad: Reheated Leftovers.
I'm almost done compiling clips and forming a time line.
Our target time is gonna be 25 minutes max.
Stay tuned...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:49 pm

I remember someone asking about grafetti scenes for that Reno clip...would have replied earlier but it's such a pain to type messages on my phone and my internet will be down untill the end of the month :(

Anyway, I was watching netflix and catching up on shows that I'd started and never finished and came across episode 18 of Sammuri Champloo. Dunno if you'd checked there yet but that whole episode is pretty much grafetti. Just thought I'd put the word out about sources and what not. Now back to work!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm posting to let you all know I'm compiling AMV Salad: Reheated.

Soon I will post a download link to the 31-minute retrospective of the first four episodes, only taking the clips which received the strongest reactions from convention viewing audiences.
This will be the "pre-show" for AMV Salad 5 as it "tours" this year.
It's mainly for those new to the series or who wish for a compilation of the best, funniest clips from past years.

What I want from all of you who decide to help me shape this is...
1. watch the video,
2. take each clip on its own merit or how well you feel it would work with the project,
3. eliminate one clip,
4. PM me with your choice.
Once I take those clips off the time line, we will repeat the process for round 2.
I will wait one week for each round.
We will have as many rounds as it takes until we cut the time down to 22 minutes.
The final video will be no longer than 25 minutes.

Who's in?
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:I'm posting to let you all know I'm compiling AMV Salad: Reheated.
Who's in?
I'm game.

Will also be working on some entries for Salad 6 soon.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”