AMV Salad 6...next stop: ZENKAIKON

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Re: AMV Salad 6...let the (post-prod) madness begin!

Postby SammySamaProductions » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

that makes sense. You are adding S5 clips to reheated though for next weekend? (if I read that correctly) then yes, everyone will be all caught up :).

Of course I'm on board for next year! herds of hungry fire ferrets couldn't keep me away ;P I have too much fun with this to just let it go ^_^.
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Postby Deuce Loosely » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:49 pm

Well, we decided to not add AMVS5 clips this year.
We'll do it for the 2013-14 tour.
The goal is to keep things fresh; to make people wanna see those clips again.
Besides, ReHeated is gonna be a constant work in progress and we'll do so throughout the year while we wait for people to turn stuff in for the next Salad.
As you pointed out, there are methods to the madness; means to an end and all that. ;)
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby SammySamaProductions » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:57 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:Besides, ReHeated is gonna be a constant work in progress and we'll do so throughout the year while we wait for people to turn stuff in for the next Salad.

Okay I get it now. ^_^ just wanted to make sure I understood the start and stop dates for the current project ^_^ awesome, good to go.
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Postby Haus Haberdasher » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:18 pm

I can't comment on the order of the clips in the beta, but I really liked it overall. Lots of funny clips to make me wish I didn't watch it while drinking tea. :D
Banner made by Rider4Z
Haus Haberdasher

Postby moonbunnychan » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:07 am

I ended up having to go in on both my days off this week...so I have almost nothing to show for the credits. ;_; My store is changing from having these paper signs to all digital ones...and I somehow got put in charge of it because "I'm the one good with computers". The cruel irony being that after the 13th I'm gonna be done...then going out town. X_x
moonbunnychan

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:23 am

moonbunnychan wrote:I ended up having to go in on both my days off this week...so I have almost nothing to show for the credits. ;_; My store is changing from having these paper signs to all digital ones...and I somehow got put in charge of it because "I'm the one good with computers". The cruel irony being that after the 13th I'm gonna be done...then going out town. X_x

I'll give you plenty hugs next time I see you, hun.
Sorry things haven't gone the way we'd like.
Dave asked me to find out how you're doing but I guess I have my answer.
Might wanna PM him just in case.

BTW, I turned in the current version of AMVS6 with the latest suggested changes
He seems pretty pleased with it, although I gave him the caveat that we'll likely be turning in a more polished final version before the deadline BUT if we can't then the current version should be okay...I guess.
Still worth a shot, though.
Personally and objectively speaking, I like how this year's video came out.
Lots of fast-paced, funny clips with little down time.
I honestly think this may receive a better response than AMVS5 did.
I'd love to see it top what we got for AMVS4, though.
I'll never get over the huge pop from the viewers at the very end of the AMVS5 teaser. :awesome:
We shall see, though...
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby SammySamaProductions » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:15 am

Went back and re watched it again...I personally just don't like that added audio to the perfect day clip. I liked the original that was more, "oh shit" with the pause..it just seems like that audio is thrown in there now... *shrugs* might just be my preference...

Hey Deuce...check the candles clip info in the credits ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 am

SammySamaProductions wrote:Hey Deuce...check the candles clip info in the credits ;)

:oops: What anime was that?
AMV Showdown Coordinator
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby SammySamaProductions » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:24 am

Deuce Loosely wrote:
SammySamaProductions wrote:Hey Deuce...check the candles clip info in the credits ;)

the anime is Otome Yōkai Zakuro ^_^ and the version you put out on YT had "ausio" not audio ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:32 am

SammySamaProductions wrote:
Deuce Loosely wrote:

the anime is Otome Yōkai Zakuro ^_^ and the version you put out on YT had "ausio" not audio ;)

Good catch.
Fixeded.
*smh*
AMV Showdown Coordinator
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby SammySamaProductions » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:50 am

Deuce Loosely wrote:Good catch.
Fixeded.
*smh*

just thought you'd like to know ^_^ everything else looks good :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Postby Gaelstrom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 am

I agree on the Perfect Day clip, it's kind of a personal inside joke for Madoka fans. They'll start going "Ooooohhh nooo...." within two seconds of the clip starting I'm pretty sure. The added Cartman takes away from the utter creepy humor of it, so for the refined version I'm for going back to the earlier version as well.

Warlike Swans suggested switching the beginning to a transformation to ease the obviousness of the scene so it wasn't quite so instantaneous that you're know what was going to happen. Worth consideration, but I believe both potentials have their own style of humor, different, not better or worse either way.

Sent you a message moonbunny. I believe we can still pull this off ^^

Deuce, please consider for AMA that you may need some time set aside to switch things out quickly, do a render and upload to Scott's system. I know that may be difficult, but even one extra day could ease a ton of our burdens. I'm working my butt off when not at the conference, but I only have about 2 hours a night to work on this, including looking through 7 animes worth of clips. Actual editing won't take too long, hopefully, once I have all the clips. I have 4 animes done, 3 to go, I just need a stretch of time and Wednesday will probably be it. If moonbunny can't do her section, I can do it, but I just will need the extra time. I BELIEVE IN YOU, MOONBUNNYCHAAAAAN!! :D
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Well,...all Scott has is a DropBox since Otakon (even with all the money they pull in and in spite of its size) won't afford him an FTP server space.
The best I can do is replace the file, alert him to it, and hope it works out.
AMV Showdown Coordinator
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby Gaelstrom » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 pm

That's fine, I was talking more about how you are going to be at the con and be distracted. I just want to make sure you'll have a system and internet connection and such to replace the credits and rerender and get it to him. You know me, I'll do everything I can to get this done when necessary, but if moonbunnychan really is that indisposed then I'll be in mad-dash mode. She and I both seem to have Wednesday and Thursday off, so it's close to deadline, but with a long stretch of time, it really should be quite possible.
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Distracted is an understatement.
I'll be working most of the time on AMV programming stuff unless I manage to throw everything on DVDs, which is possible.
But yeah...my down time will be limited but I'll still check in as often as I can.
I prefer this be done by Wednesday night but I also know how reality works. :P
AMV Showdown Coordinator
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Editor Projects