AMV Salad 6...next stop: ZENKAIKON

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 6...FINAL DEADLINE - JUNE 1!!

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu May 31, 2012 4:18 pm

I must know what version of the Charlie Sheen Song that is in the Soul Eater part. Mind=Blown. Must Have it.

Can someones shares?

BTW, I had no real complaints about the beta as a whole, however, the snickers part (So much win & genius it should be illegal) I feel runs a little too long before it hits the punchline.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu May 31, 2012 4:29 pm

That version is from theparodyfactory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0NIMTPYYcU

I would have chosen the other one from the autotune the news guys, but this version was much more mysterious. It fit Stein much better.

You and most everyone else agree that the 30-ish seconds in the first part of my Snickers one is a bit much, but everything I have seen about Convention timing keeps coming back to haunt me with that one. If I cut it at "The Forest Spirit wants you to live" then it removes a lot of context and you can almost feel when the joke will hit, and there really is nowhere else reasonable to cut it. The dragging on is to purposely lull the audience into stopping their guessing where the punchline will be and what it is, and I felt the actual punchline was strong enough that it would pull them back in. Very risky, I know. The idea was to put a REALLY funny clip right before it, so that there is a bunch of laughter leeway into the intro of the clip. The worst part is I thought we'd have a chance to test the idea at AMA, but we don't.

I'll see what I can come up with for maybe cutting out a couple lines though. That may be just enough to meet the best of both worlds.
ImageImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Thu May 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Sorry! I have been trying to get ahold of a replacement processor for my main computer and ordered it on Friday. I can still do editing on this one however it will be a great deal slower. I don't have enough memory to really run Skype as they don't make any replacement memory for my laptop anymore..stupid Acer. You can get ahold of me though the org though. I have pleanty of time now to do editing now that my big memorial day event is over.

Please send me the gundam footage. I had an idea (kind of like a BSOD thing or error screens) to use to tie in my original clip idea, that way I can work in my clip from last year too to be kind of like a reoccurring gag if you will. I can't remember if we discussed it last but you could also work the deathstar idea into that to set us up for next year should we decide to use it. I am unsure if there were any conversations about that after we talked last.

I greatly apologize for being so unreachable at this crucial part to the project. I will get everything edited that is needed have no fear. I just hope the new processor gets here soon so I can use a much faster machine but I will work with what I have.
ImageImage
ImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:44 am

in looking for a sound bite I came across this and thought I'd share it. Thought it was cool ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKU3tAPoj-g
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:42 am

Just to prove it exists, I just 'finished' the intro.

davidkrein.net/BakaBeyond01.rar

Give or take minor adjustments that probably 99% of the audience won't care if I did the changes, it's good to go finally. But since it's me, of course I'll probably be stupid and try to fix it... when I finish my running gag clip and get some damn sleep... :P

And that vid reminds me of the hell it was to find the error sound for my clip from AMVS3. I wouldn't settle for just any error message, I HAD to find the most obnoxious windows error beep I had ever heard specifically to have Multi crash like a BOSS :D
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:06 am

Sorry for my unreachable state...I've been having this work schedule where I'm flipping back and forth from working overnight (like 10pm to 6am) and regular dayside and it's been both kicking my ass and making me only reachable at odd hours and sleeping at random points in the day. X_x

Sucks about the unclear deadline thing. But then now I'm guessing June 1 is no longer the super final deadline if we can still get the final one out there the 10th?

I'm gonna try and redownload Skype (I currently only have it on my phone) and sign onto MSN (or my Aim is also moonbunnychan, that's usually on on my phone), or my google chat/gmail is moonbunnychan at gmail, but in the event I can't live talk to somebody, what sort of running thing were you looking at doing? (if it's not too late for me to do something with it).

(PS Gaelstrom, are you the Arizona number I've seen in my missed calls a couple times?)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:18 am

It's never too late! Well, not sure about that... but we're kind of racing to reach this kind of uncertain deadline to beat everyone else for the chance to get some potentially left over time. The sooner we get in, the better. That's the state of things.

I'm sorry your schedule has been so horrendous. The running gag should be pretty fast to get through. I am nearly done with it, but it's 4 AM here and I need to call it a night. It is the Gundam clip I made in AMVS3 and 5, basically just taking that footage and doing whatever you wnat with it. You can change the sound, the cuts, pretty much anything to make it however you'd like. It's not a rule, but somehow it seems the "YOIKS! AND AWAY!!" dialogue is what is unifying it, but from there it can go anywhere.

the higher rez clip is here: davidkrein.net/GundamFailInterrupt_DV.rar

You can take the audio and footage however you'd like. I also have the episode it's from if you want more footage for some ideas. I need to stress that you can do ANYTHING with that as a base. At this rate we have 3 clips that we know we'll get, and if you'd like to do the fourth, you're welcome to do it definitely.

But if you're interested, the ending credits idea I posted a bit ago seems more up your alley since you did the original. I'd love to do it as well, so if you don't want to it's not a big deal, but if you can make a minute-long-ish version of Just Had Sex to the credits with various anime characters, I think it'll be perfect to make the credits interesting and make it feel like it didn't end until it actually ends, know what I mean? I am going to take care of trying to cut the thing together to fit. Deuce has a version, but I'm going to try some things to see if we can make the edits less obvious. I was going to take the dude from Chobits, Kamina, Golden Boy, Stein from Soul Eater, and a couple others and make them sing in the "Everybody sing!" part if I did it. Just a fun collection of some characters that show up in AMVS6 and maybe Haruhi for no good reason other than it's her and I love her :D

What do you think? Up for it?
ImageImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:23 pm

with the gag clips...would it work against the humor if things exploded?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:02 am

I guess it depends on what explodes.
Anything but the Gundam, I suppose, would possibly work.
I'd wanna see it first, though.
Email it to me?
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 6...let the (post-prod) madness begin!

Post by SammySamaProductions » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 am

I haven't done it yet. was just thinking about using a bit of that error remix song above for errors on a gundam console then have it explode ... but i'll play around with things and send you what I get if I do it...
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”