AMV Salad 6...next stop: ZENKAIKON

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 6...now open!

Post by Gaelstrom » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:38 pm

http://www.ojosoft.com/purchase/buy-all ... olkit.html

Hey guys, I was searching for video stuff and found that again, today is the last day OJOSoft is on sale for 50 bucks. This is the one I used to convert everything this last year, it's a one-click dream. DVD direct to AVI and in great quality, among every other format under the sun, including audio. No more AMVApp stuff necessary except to remove interlacing, and it even has a setting for that which works very well. It's normal cost is around 200, so this sale is awesome. It'll make all your lives easier, I promise, so grab it today if you haven't already.
ImageImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:42 pm

Hey, Deuce, are we going to shoot for Reheated and 6 showing at Otakon this year? Like one on Classic night and one on New night? If that practice is still in existence of course.

Either way, if possible before Otakon I'd like to see if we can get away with another quick re-ordering of the clips. I think it can get a bit stronger, plus laughter overlap seems like it'll still be an issue.
ImageImageImage

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:re we going to shoot for Reheated and 6 showing at Otakon this year?
Since the current re-heated is a prelude to Salad 5, will there be clips from the new salad added into it for the precursor to 6? Didn't know if that's where your train of thought was going.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:28 pm

That is true, by next summer we'd technically have to add 5 clips to it to make it a complete collection, but it's already a half hour. Personally I think 5 will be fresh enough in the audience's mind that we don't necessarily need clips from it, and there's something 'classic' about the clips chosen, so I like how it is, I just think the layout can still be stronger. I guess with Otakon we could make it like 40-45 minutes if we wanted to try and get more in, but we also don't want to 'overstay our welcome' as it were.

I admit it's for selfish reasons as usual... I want reaction vids of the stuff I have no reaction vids for in a giant audience :D Plus I want to hear some of the other clips from 4 in a place with better audio!

I don't exactly know how Salad panels go, but since we premiere stuff in fanparodies, should we try and make a panel this year? I think it'd be best to do a fanparodies panel with Scott and anyone else who's done a parody, really. Be cool to be a part of it and see what comes of it.
ImageImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:46 am

Deuce, not sure if you heard from Scott, but I went ahead and asked him if we could do a sort of "Otakon Edition" of AMVS Reheated with a few extra minutes (40 seemed to be the number he accepted) so we can include a few more good ones. Such as we can fit in all the Geico Monies now so it flows like it did in AMVS4, plus a few that were shaved off, plus a few more. Or we can keep it at like 34 minutes or something, doesn't matter.

Anyway, I figured that was cool, we can bring back even more of the fun ones! What do you think? I still want to revamp the order a bit more one way or another before we get too far into AMVS6. I'm about to get started on my first major one (which was kinda started last year but didn't finish in time) and already have a good bunch of ideas to work with this year. Now I have more skill, I can try and pull off some of the more complex ones I couldn't try before.
ImageImageImage

otakujpop
Org Profile

Post by otakujpop » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Hey,

I'm pretty terrible at keeping an online presence, but I'm going to try for the rest of production. From reading quickly over the forum amvs : reheated's timeline is finalized and clips are beginning to be made for amvs6? Am I correct in that, and if so I'm starting on mine now and have two ready and 3 in process.
Ben

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 pm

otakujpop wrote:Hey,

I'm pretty terrible at keeping an online presence, but I'm going to try for the rest of production. From reading quickly over the forum amvs : reheated's timeline is finalized and clips are beginning to be made for amvs6? Am I correct in that, and if so I'm starting on mine now and have two ready and 3 in process.
Pretty much. I'd like a revisit to Reheated to get even more in there, but other than that, you're correct. There have already been a few submissions, but as usual we don't really get rolling until around now. If you don't get thread responses in your e-mail by subscribing to this thread, I recommend it. When it works, it totally keeps you reminded about it.

For me, I leave it open as the first tab in Firefox all the time... like... 2 years straight now, give or take when firefox crashes.
ImageImageImage

otakujpop
Org Profile

Post by otakujpop » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Ah, good, funny thing is I checked it on my own a second before the email came in. I hope, and believe this is going to top all salads!
Ben

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:49 pm

otakujpop wrote:Ah, good, funny thing is I checked it on my own a second before the email came in. I hope, and believe this is going to top all salads!
That is the aim as always. And we learned our lesson in 5 that we absolutely must focus on the credits with some care to maintain the audience to the end to have them feel like they were respected through the entire production. That and we'll have a helluva time outdoing Geico Money yet again as the running gag ^^ As always, if you have any thoughts on the running gag, even if you don't even think they're that good, bring them up here, because it could trigger an idea for someone else, or other people could make a suggestion that makes the idea ten times better we wouldn't have thought of ourselves. Happened before, that's for sure.
ImageImageImage

otakujpop
Org Profile

Post by otakujpop » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:
That and we'll have a helluva time outdoing Geico Money yet again as the running gag ^^ As always, if you have any thoughts on the running gag, even if you don't even think they're that good, bring them up here, because it could trigger an idea for someone else, or other people could make a suggestion that makes the idea ten times better we wouldn't have thought of ourselves. Happened before, that's for sure.
I did have an idea, but the gag would probably be too long, use LMFAO's song Sexy and I Know It's part "I work out" to various characters in anime who clearly don't or are so muscular working out doesn't really explain it (I'm thinking Tetsuo's arm)
Ben

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”