AMV Salad 6...next stop: ZENKAIKON

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 6...now open!

Post by Squancho » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:57 am

I can't do any more.
I cut the Kyoka Bunch and Faith Plus One clips.
We're down to 28m12s and I can't bring myself to take out any more.
I'm working on the closing thingy
It's gonna be a tight squeeze so, from now on, I'll just have to ask for an extra ten minutes or have each con make sure we're in a video room rather than a panel room so I know the necessary equipment is all there.
I'm done cutting.
Once I get this next run posted, we're talking time line order... *flail*
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:07 am

Don't worry, I think there may be a few others we can get away with cutting in theory, but it really is painful to have to cut some more since I like all the ones that remain. Others that were discussed were 'enormous penis' due to the video quality, also I forget if they've been cut already, but the Popotan one, Popular Kids was a potential because of its quality as well, I am really special with Gravitation was another I felt could be cut to shave off 20 seconds, Full Metal Panic Adobe Premiere is another potential since I felt it was two jokes that didn't quite interact. But I still thought it was funny, so that one I'd leave in if I could.

If any of those are still in, you can try removing one or two of them and seeing about getting some time in.

Plus, panel of otherwise, you don't really need to talk at all with these videos ^^ They speak for themselves.

And please consider using the 'drop the bombshell' one as an intro. I think I could make some quick 3D titles and have god rays going through it from the nuke and that could be a good intro instead of the Evangelion Redeath one. It will be a less obscure reference and save us a bunch of time.
ImageImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:26 am

I... wish... we could put this in AMVS6...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJkSArZKnM
ImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:57 am

I know the Fraggle Rock one was supposed to be safe from the onset, but I never felt it was among the strongest.

Gaelstrom wrote:I... wish... we could put this in AMVS6...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJkSArZKnM
cute

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:47 pm

From going to many, many cons and watching Salad I can say that the Fraggle Rock one people always seem to dig and clap along with. It gets people motivated and has a kind of audience participation to it. That said though, it is on the long side, so if it was dire straights I'd be for cutting it.
I also second the cutting of enormous penis and popular kids just due to video quality.

As for the panels, the big delay comes not so much in talking but instead because nothing at a con ever seems to run smoothly. At most of the other cons (except Anime USA last year where it was part of the AMV room programming) it's done as a panel and inexplicably I don't think I've ever been to one showing where there wasn't a huge amount of technical difficulties due to equipment not being there, it not only not being there but nobody knowing where it is, missing some crucial cable, the "tech" people not knowing how something works....etc etc etc. It's unfair but the amount of time spent bumbling around by people who should have already had this stuff set up often cuts into your allotted panel time.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Hokay...down to 27m18s.
I think that's good enough.
Someone tell me what should go in the last half of the closing sequence if this version is no good.
Also think about if any of the clips should be moved around or if what we have is okay.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZA69RT8Q - 128mb mp4
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:26 pm

Well you still have the Popotan clip in there, which I think needs to be removed. Cursing is one thing, but a younger girl touching herself is something we should almost definitely avoid in this context. It may be a running gag in anime, but not everyone in an audience for a parody would like it. I personally would keep it because it's a funny use of shock humor, I'm just saying it's a place to shave time considering it's more risky. Hehe, even if I don't really have any place to talk with the Chobits clip ^^

Still not particularly convinced on the Kids React ending, but all I can say at this point is 'let's see how it does.' But I would let Krvabo's clip finish playing. It gets cut off a bit prematurely even before China complains about it going away. You've still got about 18 completely unnecessary seconds on just a shot with your e-mail and a 'thanks for watching.' You can cut off that part easily at about 26:46 after the last person speaks and just combine your e-mail at the bottom of the AMVS1-4 page. You can put the 'thanks' on the Geico money at the end and it should work just fine.

The intro you chose was an interesting variant on what I said, and works a bit better than before. It's not the real clip though, it's changing the clip entirely, which I think kind of defeats the purpose of using it at all. There's still time to try out what I mentioned before about rendering the title in 3D and having god rays come through from the nuke and use the original "bombshell" song to keep the clip the same with just a title on the end. I think it'll get things straight to the point as well. I have some time to do this still.

Other than that, the clip arrangements are okay, but I think they could be worked around. There are some I can see that will cause potential laughter overlap with ones after them, so I think that should be addressed. This can't really be a final version, because we never even got to the clip organization stage, so we need another shot or two at this I think. If time is a factor, I can point out places where I think laughter will be a problem. We had more musical ones than I remembered, so that's a good thing, they can be used effectively to break things up. One issue I noticed near the end is there started to be a lot of skit clips followed by a lot of music clips all next to one another.

Anyway, looking better. Want me to move forward?
ImageImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:27 am

What's the word, Deuce? We need to get through another run to organize some clips and do some other changes potentially. What's our time frame? When are you showcasing this?
ImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone has season 2 of South Park and might rip the audio from Cartman's German Dance song (episode 14) for me.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:45 pm

Just thought I'd update you all with how things went at Nekocon.
The reaction to ReHeated was as expected: almost constant laughter; nary a moment of quiet.
I'm sure I heard a few people laughing until they cried.
The room was full beyond capacity with people standing around the perimeter of chairs.
By the time AMVS5 played, there were people watching from the hall because they couldn't let anyone else in the room.
We've been promised a bigger room next year.
I'll post what I showed this weekend as soon as I recover some. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”