AMV Hell 6: The End of the Universe 2012

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
ssgwnbtd
Org Profile

AMV Hell 6: The End of the Universe 2012

Post by ssgwnbtd » Tue May 31, 2011 3:17 pm

AMV Hell 6 has been successfully submitted to Otakon. Well, the rough draft has been submitted. There's still a lot of work to do on the intro and credits. There's also a few videos in limbo because files expire really fast on yousendit. Check your email, I may have requested you send your video again.

The theme of this project is the end of the entire Universe on December 21, 2012 foretold by the Maya. Videos have to be any combination of: funny, amusing, strange, paradoxical, juxtaposition-y, Zalgo, ultra-depressing, WHAT!?, dark, soul crushing, unsavory, misanthropic, terrible in a good way, annoying, and Abe Vigoda. The video content must be acceptable for a general audience.

FILE FORMAT
The project is migrating to 16:9 and HD. Resolutions as low as 640x360 and 640x480 will still be accepted as this is how the vast majority of anime is formatted. 720x480, 720x540, 720x1492 etc will make me sad, but I will convert them. If you do some aspect ratio that isn't a standard, I will be so mad. The video can be progressive or interlaced. Anything from 23.976 to 60 fps is fine. (Don't send 60 fps unless you know exactly what you're doing). It's a little difficult to convert the various implementations of H.264 so please use huffyuv, lagarith or high bitrate xvid (quantizer=1) to encode your video.

Audio should be the original and/or best quality aka lossless wav of the track from a CD or high bitrate encode if wav isn't easily obtained. If at any time the audio is compressed or converted to something other than pcm wav or another lossless format, it is going to be extremely noticeable on a large speaker system at a convention. 44 khz please. Converting to/from 48 khz will result in terrible things happening 90% of the time.

SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO
There is no requirement on first submitting the concept for your video. Just send the video file and text file with this information:

EDITOR NAME:
ANIME NAME:
AUDIO SOURCE:
AUDIO TITLE:

Editor Name is how you want to be credited in the credits.
Audio Source is the performer/band's name OR the tv show/film's title/comedian's name.
Audio Title is the song title OR the season + episode number in the case of a tv show (if known).

Send the video and text file either directly or via filesharing service to amvhell@gmail.com

Videos that aren't good will be rejected. If a video is kind of good, a re-edit or tweak may be requested.

Your video doesn't have to directly reference Armageddon, Ragnarok, The End of the World, The Rapture, The End of Time or The End of the Universe, but it would help its chances of being accepted. Explaining why a video is funny in the body of your email message might help the video be accepted if the joke is obscure. Trying videos out on friends, fans and other editors for constructive feedback is advised. Keep in mind that jokes play out very differently for one person watching on a computer compared to 2,000 people at a convention.

Last edited by ssgwnbtd on Fri May 25, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: AMV Hell 6: The End of the Universe 2012

Post by Castor Troy » Tue May 31, 2011 3:20 pm

At least it'll air before the world ends.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

PeachwisePictures
Org Profile

Post by PeachwisePictures » Tue May 31, 2011 4:55 pm

That's more like it.
"This autumn could be a summer of my life."

LawRayLiet
Org Profile

Post by LawRayLiet » Tue May 31, 2011 5:43 pm

The Final Fantasy Theme alone would have been a bit to narrow of an appeal for a large project like AMV HEll.
So it's good to see a theme that's better suited for a wider audience.

Since the AMV Minis series is still going on over at AMVHell.com, most of my clips will be going there for now.

BTW you should visit the AMVHell forums more often.
Last edited by LawRayLiet on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue May 31, 2011 9:31 pm

Just..how many AMV Hell 6's will there be?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Tue May 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:Just..how many AMV Hell 6's will there be?
6 :awesome:

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 am

Endless 6?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:57 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:Endless 6?
I'm glad that you were thinking the exact same thing as me. I actually just finished the endless 8 chapter in "The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya" light novel.

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:06 am

I still don't see the need for a theme. The only thing amvhells could use is higher quality/only actual funny things - which can be archieved by just cutting off the stupid shit.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:02 pm

Shui wrote:I still don't see the need for a theme. The only thing amvhells could use is higher quality/only actual funny things - which can be archieved by just cutting off the stupid shit.
I think they air the best stuff they can manage to get - not their faults that there isn't much participation from good editors.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”