CascadaThon 2---OUT NOW!! CHECK ANNOUNCEMENTS FORUM!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
JadeCharm
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---2 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE & COUNTING!!

Post by JadeCharm » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:40 pm

Whoa who made the Kaleido Star track? Did I miss something??? o.O
The compilation was awesome!
Few things I noticed:
The synch of my tracks were fine, but Aimos track seemed offbeat to me.
Last edited by JadeCharm on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:48 pm

JadeCharm wrote: I think the gap between the end of the mep and the beginning of credits is too long. Would it sound weird if you would shorten it a little?
I said the same thing already.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:50 pm

TC:
About the last 2 seconds, I don't know if I should lengthen the last clip (which is a mask) or leave it like this, which is better for transition purposes? I think if I ended mine with a white flash it would be good, becaus then the next part could start with a flash or something.
I wrote this in the message where I sent the second beta, and no one said anything except AimoAio, who said it's okay to leave a flash, and I meant the part before the flash, where there is a mask and in the background there are about 4 beats and I meant if I should leave that mask longer, but I will see if I still have the project file, maybe I can do something about it (but you'll have to wait till tomorrow).

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: CascadaThon 2---3 DAYS UNTIL RELEASE & COUNTING!!

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Add masking on second half. Can do! :)

I'll fix the out of sync bits. That's not the hard part to fix either. Apparently I shifted some tracks at some point. My sincerest apologizes to TC, riccard, Aimo and Mysty. XD

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

MystykAMV wrote:TC:
About the last 2 seconds, I don't know if I should lengthen the last clip (which is a mask) or leave it like this, which is better for transition purposes? I think if I ended mine with a white flash it would be good, becaus then the next part could start with a flash or something.
I wrote this in the message where I sent the second beta, and no one said anything except AimoAio, who said it's okay to leave a flash, and I meant the part before the flash, where there is a mask and in the background there are about 4 beats and I meant if I should leave that mask longer, but I will see if I still have the project file, maybe I can do something about it (but you'll have to wait till tomorrow).
Nah, you don't need to fix your part. It's nothing Code can't fix. Since the end of your track is already masked, all code has to do is remask for the transition. SO it's not a big problem. You don't have to go back and fix anything. I was just stating my disdain for white flashes and fades when it comes to transition to a different source is all.
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:07 pm

And just to re-iterate, the out of sync bits have already been fixed. I went back, completely deleted what I had done and re-matched the original audio to the track audio.

I don't have time to mask transitions tonight, but I can render out the second half [and the fixed amount of time between the credits/ending] so that you guys can have a little more ease of mind in that regard. ;)

But the full and finished beta will be sent out tomorrow nigh. This is the version that you're supposed to treat as if I'd just released it on the Org.

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:00 pm

Okay after reading what I missed, I personally don't see what is wrong with a white flash as a transition. That's like...my favourite transition. :ying: And not to be a bamf or anything but I started and ended my track with a white flash so don't blame that on Code because it's my fault. |:>

I do like the masking transitions you have so far but it gets a tad boring when every transition is a mask. Variety is one of the best points in MEPs since it keeps things interesting. Although if you do insist on the masks, I would consider fading in the background earlier for the Kaleido Star because the Nanoha track is really shiny and KS is a little older(quality wise) so it's pretty noticeable, also did you slide that part in? I think it will be fine just to keep it in the centre so it looks more natural. Also I am not very fond of the blue shadow/bordering around the hands for the Chobits track. Oh and you could use some light flashing at the end of that track and into mines so it would fit with the beats.

About the sync...yeah it's a little off but I'm sure you can fix that no problem. My track looks a little zoomed in though, that or the outer edges got cut off. :uhoh:

Sorry for replying so late too, it took about an hour for the download since my net's been real slow this week, don't know why. XD And I have work on Saturday so add that to my snail download speed, I probably won't be able to comment about the finished compilation till pretty late. :uhoh:

AllyKatAVR
Org Profile

Post by AllyKatAVR » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:03 pm

I think my track might be ahead of the music by a frame or two. Other than that, I'm really excited seeing this compilation *_* Lovely job masking, Code!

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Inan:
Spoiler :
I love it. :up: Especially the Tsubasa part. Though the fight scene at 0:42 feels quite long after a while. Maybe tack in a few more scenes of Sakura looking shocked just so it doesn't drag. Also I think you should remove the blur at 0:10ish where you had the uh...is it an opening scene of Sakura? But you can keep the rest since they're quite nice.

Kousaka
Org Profile

Post by Kousaka » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:21 pm

The compilation was nice, besides a few parts being behind or ahead. Also, I agree that white flash is a good transition. I don't think it matters either way but I really like the transition itself.

Inan, I love it!
The fight scene is a little long but that's definitely fixable. At that scene, of course they show Sakura a lot so maybe a little more of her? Other than that, I think its amazing! :D
- used to be iCardioidAMV/Cardioid (decided to hang it up and start anew)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”