New MEP idea - the "4 Basic Rules!"

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Geirr
Org Profile

New MEP idea - the "4 Basic Rules!"

Post by Geirr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Intro: Firearms have an unusual part of history in Japan, compared to the cultural history (i.e, 'gun culture') in the USA or other countries. Certainly the USA is unique in how its own constitution addresses protections for the possession and uses of firearms (and other arms) by its citizenry. Scarcity of firearms in Japan contirbutes to legendary, unrealistic, yet entertaining effects being depicted in anime, as drawn by people who have great imagination, great ability to visually entertain, but little actual hands-on experience.
(Hmm: see also "Anime depictions of the kinematics of nubile female bodies," also panty shots, but I digress...)

SO what I'd like to TEST is if there is any interest in a silly/fun MEP illustrating (or totally violating in an entertaining fashion) the "4 Basic Safety Rules" of safe handling. In case folks need a refresher, they are:

1. Always treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
(Don't screw around with pulling the trigger when you're not actually aiming at something you are willing to destroy, don't throw or physically jar a gun, don't put them in the oven, etc.)

2. Always point your muzzle in a safe direction.
Very similar to #1; another way of stating this one is 'Never point a weapon at something you are not willing to see destroyed.'

3. Be sure of your target and what is in front and beyond.
Also phrased as: "Know your target, the path your bullet will take to your target, and where the bullet will finally come to rest."
Basically this means no stupid sh_t like firing rounds up in the air on New Year's Day, not knowing where the bullets will come down, or no plinking cans & bottles without a good backstop, and be wary of shooting at hard things that may re-direct rather than absorb the round.

4. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
Some versions of this rule specify 'Keep your finger out of the trigger guard and along side of the frame' ... 'until you are sighted on target and you are willing to destroy your target.'

OK - the deal is that some animes do it RIGHT, and some do it COMICALLY WRONG. I am looking for 15sec to 40sec illustrations of either case/extreme, and I would like at least 5 examples per rule.

Rules:
- You may use any anime and any audio.
- Each clip will be 15sec ~ 40sec long.
- Minimum resolution is 480p high; we will get to defining formats when/if this thing takes off. Same goes for deadlines.
- the project is 'Rated PG' which means NO swear-words in the audio, and no nudity or other skanky crap, no panty shots. That's not what this subject is about. Censor it or don't use it at all; this will be wholesome family-friendly fun.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?
Last edited by Geirr on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Re: New MEP idea - the "4 Basic Rules!"

Post by Cannonaire » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:28 am

I like this idea. So far I can think of at least two good anime scenes to use, but don't have the audio figured out yet. Except maybe Weird Al - Trigger Happy...

I want to be a part of this if it takes off. 8-)
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: New MEP idea - the "4 Basic Rules!"

Post by godix » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:09 pm

The idea is decent, but I don't see why the idea is a MEP...

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”