AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal

Postby Deuce Loosely » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Be as funny as you can but, regardless, I'll have a look and let you know if I think it needs something added, altered, or removed. I'm very interested in the ideas I'm hearing so far and wanna see how they come out. Even if you don't think it's LOL funny, I wanna see for myself and then we can work on it from there. Don't be discouraged before the video is made. ;)
AMV Coordinator
Katsucon 2012 - 2014
Zenkaikon 2013 - present
Anime Mid Atlantic 2010 - 13
Nekocon 2013
IchibanCon 2014
Asst AMV Coordinator
Tekko 2014
Executive Producer: AMV Salad 1 - 6
AMV Salad 7 is currently in production...
Deuce Loosely

Postby Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Don't think too much about it Angelyco. If you saw the reaction to the Detective Conan/Psyched vid, I can honestly say I didn't expect that, but they were much more... the word's not correct, but 'forgiving' than I thought they would be. The video was very well cut together, and was definitely an amusing AMV, it's just it wasn't LOL funny, but definitely elicited a smile amongst those who got it. And from the cheer, there were quite a few who did. Those who didn't at the very least recognized the quality of it and lost none of their humor because of it.

So yeah, make whatever makes you smile, and you'll do great. If you're able to, just consider how an audience may react to it and how well known it is so that more recognize and enjoy it rather than less. Granted it depends on the audio you use, some audio doesn't matter at all, like that L song and penis song pretty much are standalone. It might help to know the source, but I don't think it's necessary.

Anyway, as usual, just have fun and I'm sure they'll be great.
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby Honou_Miko » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:Anyone remember Action League Now?

Anyhow, I think I might do something with that audio (not that exact copy of the audio; it's kind of bad, but you know what I mean).

The Flesh made me think of that guy from Berserk.

lol.

Howl can be Meltman
AKA CurryMuttonPizza
Honou_Miko

Postby SammySamaProductions » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:10 pm

I am so up for another amv salad round :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
SammySamaProductions

Postby moonbunnychan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Good god, I come back from vacation and you guys have written a novel lol.

Also I really liked your stuff Angelyco...like just because something doesn't get a huge laugh out loud response doesn't mean people aren't enjoying it. Like that whole room was clapping along to Fraggle Rock.
moonbunnychan

Postby Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 am

Have you gotten permission for larger uploads yet Deuce? And if you do get it, are we still planning for Censored and Uncensored uploads?
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby Deuce Loosely » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:48 am

Oh crap...I guess I forgot to tell y'all.

The download is ready. It's a handy dandy 92mb mp4 file encoded through ZarxGUI. Very useful tool. ;)
AMV Coordinator
Katsucon 2012 - 2014
Zenkaikon 2013 - present
Nekocon 2013
IchibanCon 2014
Asst AMV Coordinator
Tekko 2014
Deuce Loosely

Postby Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:14 am

Oh, cool ^^ Can we do an uncensored upload? I mean there's nothing preventing it really now. Part of me wants to spend more time on editing the censoring based upon reactions in the video. It seems certain sounds were more distracting to the narrative than others, and others were much more amusing, so I want to work to make that stronger so the clip lands better, but it may not be worth it. But I definitely want the uncensored version up there. In all honesty though, I think leaving out the babewatch one may still be for the better.
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby Deuce Loosely » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:39 am

To be honest, I think the call to censor this video was the best thing to happen to it. Hearing the actual words spoken somehow doesn't have the same comedic impact as the sound effects. Also, I don't think anyone really noticed the break in speech from laughing at the "kill yourself" screen. I also feel like adding or subtracting at this point is extraneous and unnecessary. People seem to like what we have.

And something else: jubjub2 liked AMVS4 and has offered to host the 720x480 version of the mp4 on her site. I'll publish the link here and on the video profile once she has it online. She's good people. ;)
AMV Coordinator
Katsucon 2012 - 2014
Zenkaikon 2013 - present
Nekocon 2013
IchibanCon 2014
Asst AMV Coordinator
Tekko 2014
Deuce Loosely

Postby Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:59 am

That may be so, but I still feel like the uncensored version has its place on the org for any who didn't find the sound effects that amusing. Either way, if I did change things, it wouldn't be anything more than sounds at this point. Your choice for censorship on the One Piece one was excellent for the second sound, however the complete lack of a sound for the marine ships caused my friends to comment how it has trouble making sense unless you know the source audio, so we kind of agreed that could benefit from being corrected. Most of the sound effects work, but for example I'd shrink the dual honks to one for "Random HONK HONK words and numbers on its display screen" to one, and lower the volume on it so it didn't overshadow the speaking in a room like it was shown. I'd also try to assemble the words under the censoring near the end still, because the audience laughter may be over it, but anyone watching online would notice pretty readily. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to replace the existing upload with a changed one.

Either way, if it's possible, I'd like the uncensored version up too. It'll give people yet another reason to DL it and watch it again.

And that's excellent that someone wants to host it. What do you think, will it give it more exposure?

Also I'm trying to get in touch with Sabotencon still to have them show 3 and 4, but I haven't heard back yet.
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby Deuce Loosely » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:26 am

1. putting "Uncensored" up would require a separate entry on the org, additional confirmations from everyone, having to input all that info again,...and the data wouldn't count for the "censored" version.

2. A replacement of the video we have up now would only be accepted if the changes were significant (such as new scenes or audio, noticeable alterations, etc) so a few sound effects being switched out over a 24-minute video wouldn't qualify. I was lucky to get "Me Wuvs You" replaced last year.

3. Put me in touch with the con people you spoke with. Or I could go to the site and stalk the forums for the video programming DH. Were you wanting a full panel or just a spot for 3 and 4 on the "after hours" schedule?
AMV Coordinator
Katsucon 2012 - 2014
Zenkaikon 2013 - present
Nekocon 2013
IchibanCon 2014
Asst AMV Coordinator
Tekko 2014
Deuce Loosely

Postby Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:01 am

Deuce Loosely wrote:3. Put me in touch with the con people you spoke with. Or I could go to the site and stalk the forums for the video programming DH. Were you wanting a full panel or just a spot for 3 and 4 on the "after hours" schedule?

Just video, I'm not sure what I'd do in a panel, it wouldn't make any sense for me to do one really. The video speaks for itself, so what would I possibly say about it? Also, would you be able to send me DVD quality versions of 3 and 4 if I get approval? The boards aren't very large, and the coordinators don't seem to be very active there. I can't really even identify if the mods and coordinators are the same people at all.

Anyway, I sent off another e-mail to check with them with more information involved to have them get back to me. I'll do it more frequently now.

The site is http://www.sabotencon.com. I should probably be the one to get approval since I'll be the one attending, if multiple people hop in I don't know if it'll just be more confusing. This con attracted probably on the order of around 300-500 people last year, maybe more, I couldn't tell. The hotel was pretty large, but everywhere was always packed. I figure AMV Salad would be a good draw there, especially since programming there was kind of hit and miss. Oddly enough, it had the best 'how to do manga' panel I've seen between Otakon and AX hands down. Because an idiot friend of mine decided to sleep in, I lost my chance to win a raffle with his ticket for an official copy of Manga Studio... friggan dumbass lazy bastard... 300 fuckin' dollar official license!!!! ...not angry <.<
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby KojiroShinkara » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:10 pm

I'm gonna try to do some more stuff this year (at least more than last year). My apologies on that Deuce, shit happened, y'know?
<I>"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em."</I>
KojiroShinkara

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:32 pm

KojiroShinkara wrote:I'm gonna try to do some more stuff this year (at least more than last year). My apologies on that Deuce, shit happened, y'know?

Boy, do I know it...at least from my end with the hard drive failure and all. ;) You got in early enough so there's time, no worries. Lookin' forward to seeing what you have this year...
AMV Coordinator
Katsucon 2012 - 2014
Zenkaikon 2013 - present
Nekocon 2013
IchibanCon 2014
Asst AMV Coordinator
Tekko 2014
Deuce Loosely

Postby Gaelstrom » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:29 pm

Hey, Deuce, was AMVS4 going to be played again somewhere? I wasn't sure what date it was, so I wasnted to make sure to ask again if you could record another reaction vid. I admit for the last month I've turned it on at least once every couple of days to relive it ^^ I'm using it as a backdrop for forming more clip ideas for next year based on certain reactions. I was hoping for another reaction vid from a different audience at Nekocon so we can gauge how much the sound affected everything. You think that'll be possible?
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Editor Projects