AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal

Post by Kireblue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:AMV Salad 2010 Tour! :P

Next two stops:
November 6 (Saturday 9pm) - Nekocon
* showing AMVS 3 & 4

November 13 (Saturday 11:30pm) - Anime USA
* showing all four AMV Salads

You can be sure there will be showings at Katsucon in February (as I'm AMV asst. DH) and Tekkoshocon in April.
I'm also gonna show AMV Salad 4 during Momocon (March 12-13, 2011). I haven't finalized the schedule yet, but its currently scheduled for 8:45 on Saturday March 12th.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 pm

kireblue wrote: I'm also gonna show AMV Salad 4 during Momocon (March 12-13, 2011). I haven't finalized the schedule yet, but its currently scheduled for 8:45 on Saturday March 12th.
You'll need an mpeg2 copy to burn to DVD or at least an AAC/x264 mp4 (both of which I have).
If you need backing to assist pushing your request through to acceptance, let me know or have someone contact me directly.
Also, I can fill you in on the background of this project if you wanna fill time and maybe others will wanna join as last-minute additions or something.
Shoot me a PM if you need anything.
It would be great to add another con to the schedule... |:>
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:You'll need an mpeg2 copy to burn to DVD or at least an AAC/x264 mp4 (both of which I have).
All of Momocon's video rooms have VGA imputs, so the only AMVs that get burned to DVD are the ones that are shown overnight during the hours when the AMV room won't be staffed (10pm - 8am). So the mp4 that I have right now should be fine.
Deuce Loosely wrote:If you need backing to assist pushing your request through to acceptance, let me know or have someone contact me directly.
I'm the Assistant Director/ co-head of Momocon's AMV department, so I'm actually one of the ones that approves and denies videos. Since I'm showing the censored version, there wont be any problems. The only restrictions that the head of Momocon put on me is to not show "adult material" or videos with excessive language.
Deuce Loosely wrote:Also, I can fill you in on the background of this project if you wanna fill time and maybe others will wanna join as last-minute additions or something.
I didn't even realize that AMV Salad 5 had a deadline so close to Momocon. How about I show a 10 second video at the end of AMV Salad 4 that says "AMV Salad 5 will be taking submissions till May 1, 2011. Go the the AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal thread on the AnimeMusicVideos.org forum for more info". That might get people to join.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:39 pm

Sounds like a plan.
I'll write up some basic facts and stuff about the series so people can familiarize themselves with it.
That is if you wanna go that far. ;)
Like how, if you didn't know, this project began as a part of the AMV Hell franchise.
I'll send you something and you can abridge it how you want...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Hey, Deuce! Just checking in from my parents' laptop that barely seems to function to wish you good luck tomorrow! Please for the love of all that is holy record it and get it to us so we can see another audience and get to experience what you get to experience with multiple showings :D

And I wouldn't be worried about people not doing anything just yet for next year, it's been pretty common since when I joined, although if you truly want to remind those who are involved, you could send out monthly e-mails when next year begins to remind people of their mentioned involvement. It requires some remembering of course, but if you're truly worried that's the way to do it I'd think.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:05 am

I'm sure I'll make stuff for this...I've just been busy with either real life stuff or making stuff for amv contests. I'm sure I'm not the only one that realizes "oh snap, the deadline's in a month" and then REALLY gets to work.

Aaaanyway, I'll be at Anime USA, anybody else going? (and I've actually got Commander in Heat in the amv contest there...I figure enough time has passed since Otakon for me to start using it for my own evil purposes) :awesome:

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 am

I have a few ideas I'm kicking around, just no time to work on it right now.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:12 am

Angelyco wrote:I have a few ideas I'm kicking around, just no time to work on it right now.
same.

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:40 pm

I'm trying to figure out what episodes of pokemon Dragonite is in...I wanna do something with How to Train Your Dragon(ite)...though I may change it to Charizard since there's plenty of him being rather untrainable.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 pm

yah, you'll have way more luck with charizard, there isn't a lot of stuff with dragonite in it. Only one episode or so.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”