AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal

Post by Squancho » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Be as funny as you can but, regardless, I'll have a look and let you know if I think it needs something added, altered, or removed. I'm very interested in the ideas I'm hearing so far and wanna see how they come out. Even if you don't think it's LOL funny, I wanna see for myself and then we can work on it from there. Don't be discouraged before the video is made. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Don't think too much about it Angelyco. If you saw the reaction to the Detective Conan/Psyched vid, I can honestly say I didn't expect that, but they were much more... the word's not correct, but 'forgiving' than I thought they would be. The video was very well cut together, and was definitely an amusing AMV, it's just it wasn't LOL funny, but definitely elicited a smile amongst those who got it. And from the cheer, there were quite a few who did. Those who didn't at the very least recognized the quality of it and lost none of their humor because of it.

So yeah, make whatever makes you smile, and you'll do great. If you're able to, just consider how an audience may react to it and how well known it is so that more recognize and enjoy it rather than less. Granted it depends on the audio you use, some audio doesn't matter at all, like that L song and penis song pretty much are standalone. It might help to know the source, but I don't think it's necessary.

Anyway, as usual, just have fun and I'm sure they'll be great.
ImageImageImage

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:40 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:Anyone remember Action League Now?

Anyhow, I think I might do something with that audio (not that exact copy of the audio; it's kind of bad, but you know what I mean).

The Flesh made me think of that guy from Berserk.

lol.

Howl can be Meltman
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:10 pm

I am so up for another amv salad round :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Good god, I come back from vacation and you guys have written a novel lol.

Also I really liked your stuff Angelyco...like just because something doesn't get a huge laugh out loud response doesn't mean people aren't enjoying it. Like that whole room was clapping along to Fraggle Rock.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 am

Have you gotten permission for larger uploads yet Deuce? And if you do get it, are we still planning for Censored and Uncensored uploads?
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:48 am

Oh crap...I guess I forgot to tell y'all.

The download is ready. It's a handy dandy 92mb mp4 file encoded through ZarxGUI. Very useful tool. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:14 am

Oh, cool ^^ Can we do an uncensored upload? I mean there's nothing preventing it really now. Part of me wants to spend more time on editing the censoring based upon reactions in the video. It seems certain sounds were more distracting to the narrative than others, and others were much more amusing, so I want to work to make that stronger so the clip lands better, but it may not be worth it. But I definitely want the uncensored version up there. In all honesty though, I think leaving out the babewatch one may still be for the better.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:39 am

To be honest, I think the call to censor this video was the best thing to happen to it. Hearing the actual words spoken somehow doesn't have the same comedic impact as the sound effects. Also, I don't think anyone really noticed the break in speech from laughing at the "kill yourself" screen. I also feel like adding or subtracting at this point is extraneous and unnecessary. People seem to like what we have.

And something else: jubjub2 liked AMVS4 and has offered to host the 720x480 version of the mp4 on her site. I'll publish the link here and on the video profile once she has it online. She's good people. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:59 am

That may be so, but I still feel like the uncensored version has its place on the org for any who didn't find the sound effects that amusing. Either way, if I did change things, it wouldn't be anything more than sounds at this point. Your choice for censorship on the One Piece one was excellent for the second sound, however the complete lack of a sound for the marine ships caused my friends to comment how it has trouble making sense unless you know the source audio, so we kind of agreed that could benefit from being corrected. Most of the sound effects work, but for example I'd shrink the dual honks to one for "Random HONK HONK words and numbers on its display screen" to one, and lower the volume on it so it didn't overshadow the speaking in a room like it was shown. I'd also try to assemble the words under the censoring near the end still, because the audience laughter may be over it, but anyone watching online would notice pretty readily. Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to replace the existing upload with a changed one.

Either way, if it's possible, I'd like the uncensored version up too. It'll give people yet another reason to DL it and watch it again.

And that's excellent that someone wants to host it. What do you think, will it give it more exposure?

Also I'm trying to get in touch with Sabotencon still to have them show 3 and 4, but I haven't heard back yet.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”