AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Squancho
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal

Post by Squancho » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 am

I'll see what I can do.
I'm gonna be showing 3&4 Saturday night, November 6 (9pm) at Nekocon.
I'll be playing all four at AUSA (still awaiting time and night) in the AMV room.
Being on staff for Katsucon, I'll be showing 3&4 there as well.
I need to look for my tripod.
OH...I superimposed the audio track of the reaction video to AMVS4 so you can view it full-screen and still hear the audience.
I adjusted the volume levels of both audio tracks to cut down on the echo in the room.
It's a nifty AAC/H264 mp4 if anyone is interested.
I just did it for my own pleasure but I'll share. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:40 am

Y'know, oddly enough since I know it all by heart, it doesn't make a big difference to me ^^ In fact my friends who couldn't come I showed them the one on Megavideo way back and I was like "Wow, I wanna watch the reaction one again." Somehow my dinky camera really caught the openness of the room and the audience feel. I could check out the mixed audio, but every time I listen to the one I captured, I catch new laughs and subtle comments that probably will have been drowned out in a hybrid video.

And I don't think you really don't need a tripod. I mean any reactions would be awesome, so you don't have to go out of your way for it. I'd absolutely LOVE a reaction vid for AMVS3 though. Both even better. I was so nervous during 3 I can barely remember the reactions to my clips, only that most were pretty good.
ImageImageImage

krvabo
Org Profile

Post by krvabo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:46 am

I'll ask before doing the actual editing.
I was planning to use this audio:
http://www.popeater.com/2010/09/09/dian ... -brothers/

Is it populair enough to use, or wouldn't it get any recognition (and therefore lose a lot of it's potential funnyness) at all?

I was also planning to make a video using the other video linked on that page ('Coming through your windows, snatching your people up..') but it has the same problem :P

Any thoughts on this?

Deuce: How many editors are going to contribute, and how many have sent something in? I know it's kinda early to ask though :P
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 pm

krvabo: Considering that video has over 3mil views over two weeks, I think perhaps it would be safe to use the audio. I'm sure whoever made the video auto-tuned the person's voice and created the song. I'm confident enough in your skills and ingenuity that you can make it work. I'm rather intrigued to see what will come out of it. ;)

And yes...it's very early yet. I don't expect clips to start rolling in even sporadically for another month or so. It tends to happen that way every year. I did get a few submissions from one editor almost immediately so I'm optimistic.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Hmm... that's an interesting one. Krvabo, it's kind of a Catch 22 in this situation, because I'd have to know the source in order to tell whether it'd work well with it. This is a tough one you've chosen, because my main rule of thumb is to never choose clips that are recognition-specific. My one major suggestion is to consider if it will work very carefully, and the footage you'll choose as well. Consider it as if you're an audience member who has no clue about the audio, or the anime footage you may use. You don't HAVE to do that to make it successful of course, but that'll hit the biggest portion of the crowd. Internet fad videos don't really become widely known unless they hit the 20 mil views really fast generally, because it'll be out of everyone's mind in a couple months.

If you can determine a source footage that will make it funny without knowing any context in what the audio is talking about, you could have a decent thing going with some creativity there (and the song is a little catchy of course, so that works in your favor). I can see this getting reactions like the Gunther clip if you don't handle it very carefully. From my perspective the song was getting old after about 20-30 seconds.

Again, this is all based on me not having a clue what footage you'd be using or the context in which it would be used.
ImageImageImage

MaggIvy
Org Profile

Post by MaggIvy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Well I finally have a few ideas, now it's a matter of throwing them together.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm remixing the "Backin' Up" song and video for the lulz.
Not sure which anime to use with the original video.
This won't be for the Salad since krvabo already claimed it.
Just something to keep me in practice and further my WTF repertoire...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:24 pm

I really want to start working on some of the things I have planned, but some of them I lack to footage, but most of all I'm torn between searching for a job, expanding my demo to make that easier, learning new software and technique to be more appealing to said jobs, and doing more parody stuff for AMVS5. I already have well over a dozen viable ideas and a couple more show up each month, it's just... darnit.

Also, it turns out I'd seen the idea I had for the intro before in another fanparody. I can still make it work if I lampoon that fanparody as well, but I'll have to see how I feel down the line. I may have to spoil the surprise and discuss the idea with you Deuce to see what can be made of it.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:17 am

Here's what I propose.

No good idea should go unexplored. If you have one and don't think you can finish or follow up on it yourself, post it here. Give the concept, anime, audio source, etc and leave it there for someone to pick up and make a reality.

Don't worry about spoiling any surprises or humor. The magic is in the final product. You can talk all day about how funny something could be but you can't get the full impact of the idea until you see it. Like the Geico ads in AMVS4. They sounded like a good idea and we all saw the potential but didn't get the laughs until we saw them.

So put your ideas out there, whether by word or finished video. Let's get moving. :up:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:15 am

Oh god dammit, Miko ^^ I saw the episode of Family Guy tonight and I remembered what you said ^^ The ENTIRE episode went through my head as I sketched with Light and L and Misa ^^ Oh my god I've seen these episodes over and over, but damn I haven't laughed that hard in a long time ^^

L: "Oh, but I have to stick around and have more of Gillian's lemonade!"

Misa: "I know, right? It's so good! I just wish they didn't have to kill so many lemons to make it..."

L: "....Is she retarded?"

Oh god, the images of them in that scene... my night was made.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”