AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Nekocon 14, here we come!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 5: Happy Meal (Post-Production)

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:40 am

moonbunnychan wrote:Actually last year's credits did mention there being a teaser at the end. =p
It's not a big deal to me though, like I said I wasn't sure if it was an oversight or intentional so I pointed out it wasn't there.

I see what you mean about the Robot Unicorn one. Should I re-edit it or can that be fixed just by like trimming the end a bit?
Oh there was...? I remember it not being there... oh well. The watermark strikes me as the best way for not giving away anything, but I guess it doesn't matter that much whether it's there or not. So if you want it, you should get the credit, definitely.

I don't think your Robot Unicorn one should be trimmed. Plus I don't think that'd change the part I was talking about ^^ The current timing also allows the perfect amount of time for people to process what just happened before moving on. Just if you can move the explosion, keep the star, and just once the explosion starts, removing the unicorn layer should do it. Although careful the explosion doesn't start too small. You may have to make sure the explosion starts already large enough to cover the space where the unicorn used to be, if you know what I mean.
ImageImageImage

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:43 am

Well, crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tj5ERChp1M

You guys, you guys, you should be glad I have no life and spend hours on youtube.

it's worth something right

even if it's another "gdi it's already been done" instance. :/
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:02 am

upload at about 50% ... *sigh*
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:15 am

Honou_Miko wrote:Well, crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tj5ERChp1M

You guys, you guys, you should be glad I have no life and spend hours on youtube.

it's worth something right

even if it's another "gdi it's already been done" instance. :/
Jesus christ... really? That's a bit insane. How could it be that exact? Stupid collective unconscious, done fuckin' it up for e'erebody! :D

It's actually one of the reasons I think so much about which clips I do, because I do everything I can to think of something that is a bit abnormal so it's a small, small chance it's been considered before. Part of me thinks the Chobits car alarm has been done before. I was actually amazed about the direct connection to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and the comedian last year. Was too good to be true. New comedian + old footage = untapped gold.
ImageImageImage

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:21 am

Gaelstrom wrote:Stupid collective unconscious, done fuckin' it up for e'erebody! :D
Story of my life. :beer:
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

SammySamaProductions
Org Profile

Post by SammySamaProductions » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:02 am

Thanks MoonBunny for the use of your server ^_^

About the videos:
Sorry for the shaking. Between my arm getting tired and my attempt at not laughing too hard (especially at the tuna clip) it does shake a bit. I had tried to make the file smaller but alas it wouldn't work. there is about 24 minutes or so total, that's between the first showing and what I got before my camera died during the second showing.

http://susandoesstuff.com/amvsalad/Reaction%20Vids.zip
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:24 am

This is about the size of room I was dealing with at Sabotencon when I showed AMVS4. I got a similar reaction as the bigger vid audience there, like everyone was in a library and needed some prodding to laugh. It was kinda painful having been at Otakon and experienced the awesome audience. The other audience is much nicer, but that is the latter half, how'd they do initially for the first half? I am recognizing though that the Sony POS really did a great job leading off last year, better than I realized. I don't think the Dr. Who intro can hold a candle to it on sheer humor to get people open to the fact that it's a comedy. But we'll see what happens. It'll be interesting either way. We really gotta recognize how necessary a truly hilarious intro is to getting the audience in the mood I think for next year.

I particularly loved the guy in the background at Robot Unicorn in the starting vid. You could almost feel the audience going "Oh for cryin' out loud" and then that guy got exactly what he wanted :D He's actually a perfect example of what I meant by giving them just enough time to pick up on what's about to happen. He was losing it before they even hit the star :D

And from what I heard the laughter at Haruhi Blows Up wasn't as bad as I thought. Actually that seemed to wake them up a bit. Definitely like... all guys laughing at it though :P Still think it belongs in the latter half, but it wasn't as bad there as I thought. You can hear one guy still laughing into the next clip ^^ Definitely a /b/tard ^^ I think it's crucial to get a clip like Hair Back and Forth into that position though. We have to mix it up there, catch them off guard. We may have to leave that clip there to give them a sort of spectrum. Like "See, here's muppet babies... now here's completely random shit... we have it all!" I'm all for using Hair Back and Forth if we can get permission.

I think we should explore that the other audience didn't loosen up until around the 10-minute mark. Anything we can do potentially? How'd the more receptive audience do for the first half you weren't able to record?

I'm most definitely going to raise the volume of the leprechaun one now though. I think the straining to hear it even a little bit loses some of the initial humor potential because nobody wants to make noise and drown out the audio. Kind of like Haruvi Baadoman it seems.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:50 am

Wow this file is huge lol. I think I'm gonna have to wait till tomorrow to to actually watch it because I need to go to bed.

But it makes me happy that it went from groan to laugh, that's pretty much what I was going for.

And man, I HATE when I come up with a good idea and realize somebody's beat me to it. I scoured YouTube and tried to watch all the AMV Hells and AMV Hell Minis to make sure it hadn't been done before. There's a lot to keep track of.

Also if that download link doesn't work or you have problems downloading it PM me and I can give you the info you need to log in and just grab it off the ftp (so long as you have an ftp client, I don't have a web based one).

krvabo
Org Profile

Post by krvabo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:46 am

I could download the videos without problem from here (The Netherlands) but it was a bit slow, ~300 kB/s.
From the videos there's one thing immediately apparent: in the second video the people were more prone to laughing.

The first showing got just a few chuckles at a few clips, and just a tiny bit of laughter, maybe the crowd was too small.
Thanks for the reaction vids :)
ImageImageImage

Warlike Swans
Org Profile

Post by Warlike Swans » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:44 pm

We made this today as a possibility for a credit clip, we''ll try to make some other short clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhGtlY4wuIo

Is this good? Should it be shorter?

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”