Post by Taite » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:34 am

Send it my way too :)
Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Re: Memories Of A Distant You MEP [We Are Full Up People]

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:35 am

I was being sarcastic about the color thing TC. You need to get your spam urges out in PNE's thread. :lol:

And I personally didn't like the flahses, but wait and see what that others think. I still think straight cuts are the way to go for it.

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:55 am

thanks Taite imma work on it some more

carlyxjack
Org Profile

Post by carlyxjack » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:15 am

Somehow I am happy that my beta part was better than the previous one. I will work on the masking part today XD.
Somehow I don't have any idea about 720 p or 480 p thing. Can anyone explain that to me?
Huffluv /lagareth I know,but I thought that was for the final part and not necessary for the beta part?

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 pm

You're right, it's only for the final. Definitely not for the betas xD

Right now your source is 1280x720p. I know that just by copying and pasting it while taking a screencap (unless I had it upscaled, though I'm pretty sure). That means it's 720p. A source that is 480p can be 848x480, 720x480, etc. The numbers are the resolution of the video, which you'll hear is called AR, aspect resolution.The p represents progressive, meaning there is no interlacing.
Depending on what we decided, you may have to re-size your video using avisynth to 848x480.

Because you bring that up, I wonder, do you have Sony vegas set up properly? If you usually go to File>Properties, and set it up, then cool. If not, go ahead and read this:
Spoiler :
When you open up Vegas, right click the movie and select properties. A little box will come up. On the first tab that is open (Video Event), there will be something called Undersample rate. Then there will be a scroll box with a number in it, and then there will be another number next to that, something like 24 fps, 23.976 fps, 25 fps, or 29.97 fps. fps, as you may already know, stands for frames per second. You need to make sure it's 29.97fps. If it isn't, say so here and we'll help you fix it. If it is, write it down on a piece of paper.

In the next tab, Media, in the middle of the box, it will say Attributes. There it will say your resolution, which I'm guessing is 1280x720. Don't worry about the number that comes after that (like me, for instance, it says 848x480x24. Don't worry about the 24 or whatever number you have.)

Now, once you know your fps and your AR, close that box, select file, then go down to properties. You need to change all of your settings so it says this:

Template: HDV 720-30p (1280x720, 29.970 fps)
Field Order: None (Progressive Scan)
Width, 1,280
Height: 720
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0000 (square)
Frame Rate: 29.970 (NTSC)
Full-resolution rendering quality: Best
Deinterlace method: None

Everything else you can just leave alone.
Sorry if you feel like I'm treating you like a noobie. Just want to make sure everything in Sony is set up properly, because it makes a huge difference :P

TC's beta review coming up

TC's Beta Review:
The bleeding crossfade at :08-:09 could be a regular crossfade. It looks better when there are a series of them right afterwards where everyone is looking.
The bleeding crossfade at :19 can be a regular one, since it's going into a softer part of the song. If you make it regular and make it slightly longer, then increase the brightness on that clip and let it fade to whatever point, I think it'd look nice.
The bleeding crossfades from :21-:28 could maybe be hardcuts? I don't know, you could mess around with those, but there's already so many of those bleeding crossfades that it really isn't needed. I see that you're syncing them to the "uh uh uh's" so you could try different ways to sync other than crossfades as well.
Lastly, flashing between the clips in the very beginning looked slightly off. I couldn't figure out which character was being synced to the beat. I think one character needs to be synced to a specific series of beats (specifically, the 3 after the first beat), rather than back and forth, if you know what I mean? xD Just my thoughts. It's not really that bothersome.

Otherwise, I really liked it. I've never seen the series, but it definitely had that cutesy/jealousy feel. Especially the jealousy xP
Image Image

Inan
Another one
Org Profile

Post by Inan » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:21 pm

sure dont send me the beta or anything >_>

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:48 pm

I've got a few things I'm gonna tweak still, but I've got my first beta done. Anyone wanna check it out?
Image Image

TwilightChrono
Org Profile

Post by TwilightChrono » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:51 pm

Taite wrote:I've got a few things I'm gonna tweak still, but I've got my first beta done. Anyone wanna check it out?
GIMMEH!!
Premiering At Another Anime Con 2012

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:03 am

Sent :P

Will be tweaking the cross-fade at :10, extending the white on the blue clip at :18 so it is a tad longer, trying to remove lip-flap at :22/:23, and tweaking :34 a tad too. Anything else, let me know |:>
Image Image

carlyxjack
Org Profile

Post by carlyxjack » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:24 am

Taite wrote:You're right, it's only for the final. Definitely not for the betas xD

Right now your source is 1280x720p. I know that just by copying and pasting it while taking a screencap (unless I had it upscaled, though I'm pretty sure). That means it's 720p. A source that is 480p can be 848x480, 720x480, etc. The numbers are the resolution of the video, which you'll hear is called AR, aspect resolution.The p represents progressive, meaning there is no interlacing.
Depending on what we decided, you may have to re-size your video using avisynth to 848x480.

Because you bring that up, I wonder, do you have Sony vegas set up properly? If you usually go to File>Properties, and set it up, then cool. If not, go ahead and read this:
Spoiler :
When you open up Vegas, right click the movie and select properties. A little box will come up. On the first tab that is open (Video Event), there will be something called Undersample rate. Then there will be a scroll box with a number in it, and then there will be another number next to that, something like 24 fps, 23.976 fps, 25 fps, or 29.97 fps. fps, as you may already know, stands for frames per second. You need to make sure it's 29.97fps. If it isn't, say so here and we'll help you fix it. If it is, write it down on a piece of paper.

In the next tab, Media, in the middle of the box, it will say Attributes. There it will say your resolution, which I'm guessing is 1280x720. Don't worry about the number that comes after that (like me, for instance, it says 848x480x24. Don't worry about the 24 or whatever number you have.)

Now, once you know your fps and your AR, close that box, select file, then go down to properties. You need to change all of your settings so it says this:

Template: HDV 720-30p (1280x720, 29.970 fps)
Field Order: None (Progressive Scan)
Width, 1,280
Height: 720
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0000 (square)
Frame Rate: 29.970 (NTSC)
Full-resolution rendering quality: Best
Deinterlace method: None

Everything else you can just leave alone.
Sorry if you feel like I'm treating you like a noobie. Just want to make sure everything in Sony is set up properly, because it makes a huge difference :P

TC's beta review coming up

It's okay , I have to learn,it's not like treating a noobie :D The template size is HDV 720-30p (1280x720; 29,970 fps) ( through file -> properties)
But when I see the the undersample rate from a movie part, it can't be higher than 1,000( 23,976 fps).
I don't understand that :?:
And I am wondering why we have to use avysynth for the size,when sony vegas possibly also have 480 p

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”