Project.mu [zomg slight update]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Hadien
Org Profile

Post by Hadien » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:19 am

yeah sorry for not being totally on the ball with this... I too have summer class as a full-time. In fact I was taking more than the maximum hours your allowed to take before they caught me and dropped one of my classes "for" me.

they say you should, for summer classes, set aside 2.5 times the amount of time you spend in class for studing and homework. which set me around 52 hours devoted to school (after they dropped my class, 73 if i included it) per week.

Plus, on that, I have another MEP i'm working on plus a few AMVs I started, one nearly reaching a year in the making... mainly cause I tinker on it ever now and then.

So yeah... I got alot on my plate as well...

so when mid-July does roll around, one MEP well reach its deadline which i hope to make and my summer semester will have ended. so by then this MEP may start picking up again.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:22 am

Bump up to the top!

I am now out of finals and vacation (which was fun) and am entering this school year with Humanities and Typography. Although I do have editing gigs scheduled in between that (I get to edit a metal music video. :!O ) I should have plenty of time for this project now. (My lack of credits this quarter is due to multiple scheduling conflicts. :/ )

I had an idea about transitions and I realize this is a VERY BAD TIME to bring this up but I was wondering if it would hurt any of the several people who worked on the Mix's feelings if we were to ditch the mix idea and go with people doing their own segments then just trying to mux those together afterward.

If not, I had another idea which consisted of taking everyone's version of the muse mix and muxxing sections of those together so everyone who worked on the mix would be in (I haven't tried working this out yet so I don't know how good it would sound... )

Anyway, looking for others' ideas.

If both are ridiculous (Which they could be; I suck at audio) let me know and I'll take no offense.

It is just now that I have free time, even though I have school, most others do not right now so I'd like ot try and get this off the ground (again).

I'd also like to thank you guys for keeping this thread alive for so long, as well. If it weren't for you, this project surely would've died in my mind. I hope I can be a suitable project lead.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Hadien
Org Profile

Post by Hadien » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:42 am

I still wouldn't mind working on this project. And still thinking of putting those fixes to that mix i made. yet i'm still neck high in school work now. (aparently my database class actually wants me to write out an entire website using a database than just some sql code. due thursday: what fun)

as for your 2 ideas:

for your first one I must recommend that you plan out whos doing what and how much of it they're doing. othewise the project could get very ugly or inconsistent or both. We also don't want to editors making videos over the very same audio. though i'm pretty sure this could be taken care of.

for the second idea. I won't care so much. I could vonueen terr to do the mixing though I not sure if everyone would rather have a third party handle the muxing.

again, I'm still busy with all sorts of things until around 20th which when my classes let out. there are other projects I need to do and i'm already past the priority deadline for AMV hell. yet after this major project (in database systems) My time should greatly free up.

I also had opinion to decrease the number of songs in the track listing a few. the length of the each and everyon's mix is so long that no wants to sit through 10-20 minutes of song just to give their opinion, much less sit there and enjoy it. it loses my attention and interest. I also don't want to rely on the skills of the fellow video editors to make this MEP good, regardless how good they may be. I feel the mix itself needs to be good enough as a standalone. For that, I feel that some songs need to be cut.

again with those ideas. I wouldn't mind going with those as long as there will be some effort into planning with the head of th project and good communication along with the editors of the project.

...That being said, How many do we still have working on this? it feels like we only have like 3 people interested in the project now...

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:50 am

I do think it's only 3 people still. xP

But that's ok, it's not like anyone except audio editors can really make any suggestions right now..

Anyway, as long as bliss is first (regardless if Devo actually shows up in this project or not) feel free to take artistic freedom, I suppose.

Like I said a bajillion times before, I suck at audio. And I try, but I just. Well, the stuff I Put out is crap. So I'm leaving it to you guys. I agree the mixitself should be standalone, but it's almost been a year now.

And at this point, if it took a year to make the mix, who knows how long it will take to get the actual video tracks in. XD
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”