Project.mu [zomg slight update]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Ey cool my ops are willed. Right... new month new bandwith so here I go:

OK It is really hard to listen only to one gigant mix and to do only listening and nothing more. So I edited while I was listening^^ Major point: Some songchanges are still hard, but the rest is good. Now check out the changes in detail:

01-02
Not perfect at all. Hard to change. It is ok to hear. I have maybe an idea for the change. Plug in Baby starts with a "drumbeat". You could maybe let Bliss and with this drumbeat. I mean you replace it with the one of Plug in Baby with a hard cut.
For better understanding between me and Scott (it´s hard for me to explain it):
Was ich da meine ist dieser Schellenschlag den du da als Anfangspunkt gesetzt hast für Plug in Baby. Da ist so ein ähnlicher eher am Schluss vom ersten Part. Vlt kannst du den komplett weglassen und den von Plug In Baby reinsetzen. Also da wäre dann kein Ausblenden lassen vom ersten Lied sondern nur ein einziger Hard Cut. Sowas hab ich noch nie beim Mixen gemacht, aber sollte hinhauen wenn du die Peaks der beiden Lieder vor dir hast. Ich denk mal, dass es einen Versuch wert ist.

02-03
Quite rought =/ but Citizen Erased is hard to introduce. Maybe a much more longer fade in of part 3. Around... 2 or 3 seconds?

03-04
This one is ok. If there should be a drum beat of part 4 in the beginning is, I think personal taste. I don´t know what would be better

04-05
I don´t like it. Sry! SQ please split Muscle Museum into two editing parts. Interupting the highlight of the song is horrible.

05-06
sound good

06-07
From part 7 on I thought that the whole next parts would be more silent compared with the first. I think that 06 is much more louder than 07. The change was ok

07-08
once again: ok

08-09
Not ok. 08 sounds a lot disrupted. Maybe a cut before he sings: "I wish I could" would be better for the mix

09-10
wonderful

11-12
=/ Sounds disrupted. I don´t know how to change it.

12-13
The end of 12 sounded ok the introduce 13 is... I don´t know: Ok

13-14
quite nice

14-15
ok

15-16
acceptable

16-17
A break would be good between the two parts with silence in it. Now the tempo changes to fast so please insert a break.

17-18
acceptable

18-19
A bit rought but still ok

19-20
ok
ImageImageImage

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:11 am

First of all thanks, but i will wait for SQs OP, before i rework it....
And one more thing, you forgot 10-11 :cry:
It somehow confused me with the last ones.....
Last edited by Scott Green on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

BauziOLD
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:49 am

10-11
acceptable
ImageImageImage

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:00 pm

I am so sorry I took so long! Many things have happened. But I did finally get to listen to the mixes today.

I don't know if Requiett wanted ops or just to show off, so I'm just going to comment on Scott's, since you asked. XP

Firstly, thank you for completely redoing it. It sounds SO MUCH better now! ^_^

For the most part I agree with Bauzi, but I don't know how you could change them, and I honestly think all of them don't need to be changed, except for these:

the cut at 3:57 is really sudden. Maybe if you faded in?
6:17 is also quick, but I don't know how you could fix that.
10:06 is the same as above.
12:09 is the same as above.
13:32 has sudden words, maybe if you started a little earlier on the next song, or faded in, it would help?
14:06 has the last words cut off. Maybe fading out here would work?
17:35 has a small jump, like half a beat is cut off. But there's also a volume jump, so maybe lowering the volume a bit where it starts and then allowing it to fade into normal volume would work?
17:47 doesn't match at all. I honestly don't know how you could ifx this short of maybe a second long fade-in over the last song. Or maybe if you chose a different part of the song? I don't know about this one. =(

Otherwise all the transitions were great, and the mix is really awesome now. Sorry I didn't know who you were on IM, before. :up:

Edit: Things SHOULD be going a lot smoother now. I should be online a lot more. I do have school, but that's easier to deal with than all the other shit that has now, thankfully, passed. Sorry for the holdup. D:
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:39 am

SQ wrote:Things SHOULD be going a lot smoother now.
I hope so, but for the time being the mix has to wait a bit....
Because tomorrow I have to get back to work :(
Also my final Exam as apprentice is really close (no more than 5 weeks :cry:)
But whenever I find time i`ll do what i can for the mix.....
So for the time being I have to let this rest a bit...
Sorry :?

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:47 pm

That's alright. Thanks for working on it this long. ^_^
StandardQuip

breeman
Org Profile

Post by breeman » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:13 pm

I'm interested in joining this project once track selection begins

Hadien
Org Profile

Post by Hadien » Fri May 11, 2007 12:15 am

hmm... I felt this project died as it was inactive for so long...

I haven't gotten an email notification in a while... I wonder if anyone in the project are getting their emails. (I mean just from this post alone) just a few posts back we claimed that we didn't want the project to die. however, its been months since any progress or communication (especially from me) has been done.

If it did die then lets revive it. That is of course we can all agree to that... Everyone here had things to do including me. But now that summer is coming perhaps we can find some time for this...

or am I just talking to myself?

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri May 11, 2007 2:30 pm

I didn't want it to die, but my problem is, I can't mix songs. And the mix from Scott Green, he said it wasn't finished and wanted to take a break for school. The guy I got to do it irl never did do it and I haven't spoken to him since, since he, well, sucks. :?

I still have the Scott Green mix if we'd like to use it, but I was pretty sure Requiett made a mix as well. But I Never heard it?

All in all I'm still with this 100% it's just that I have no audio talent whatsoever. And believe me, I've TRIED mixing the songs together. It just sucks likewhoa.

Plus, Devolution is still MIA most of the time.
StandardQuip

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri May 11, 2007 4:53 pm

I think that there only has to be a ready audiomix and the stone beginns to role again.
I´m still interressted.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”