My Anime

This forum is for posting images from anime shows. Please read the posting rules before posting in this forum.
Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

My Anime

Post by Pas » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:19 am

Hmm, I just thought I'd share this with anyone who's interested.

I always loved drawing, and I was drawing all kinda of Dragon Ball Z pics 5 years ago. Then I suddenly stopped drawing for 4 years, up until around about a month ago.

Everything I've learned has been self taught, through watching a tonne of anime. I haven't had the aid of any drawing books, so I apologize if the images suck to your standards.

The first picture is something I drew as i was beginning to pick up drawing again. I already know all the flaws, but if you feel like pointing them out again, feel free to do so.

The second one I started 3 days after the first. Once again, I know pretty much all the flaws for this.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1305/137 ... bb7e_b.jpg

(Sorry for the large image, I just wanted to allow people to see the details in the image)

Also, if you're a cool apple, you should be able to tell where I ripped the clouds for the background off ;]

At this point in time, I have continued drawing more and more, because everytime I finish a drawing, I will immediately notice it's flaws and have to start a new one. That's why I haven't scanned/coloured anymore.

You may have noticed that the character design was inspired by Haruhi Suzumiya, and not, as some may think, by Akane Suzumiya (Rumbling Hearts) which I watched after I drew her, to find that they held some striking similarities.

I am have many other concepts for other characters, which I have not bothered to scan as of yet, but if anyone is curious, then I will do so.

The anime I am drawing this for is going under the alias "KEY", but this is only a fake name because I have no intentions of revealing the true name yet |:

So far I have referred to it as an "anime", but it is being turned into a manga (hopefully) sometime around the end of this year.

And if I have the time to spare, I really want to make a 1:30 AMV opening for the anime.

Feedback is welcome. I do realize that these are far from masterpieces, but they were drawn a few weeks ago. Hopefully I'll get around to uploading some of my more recent ones if anyone's interested.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :]

[MOD17: Oversized image converted to link.]

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: My Anime

Post by Scintilla » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:36 pm

Pas1990 wrote:You may have noticed that the character design was inspired by Haruhi Suzumiya, and not, as some may think, by Akane Suzumiya (Rumbling Hearts) which I watched after I drew her, to find that they held some striking similarities.
Dang. I scrolled down as far as the picture and thought "Isn't that Akane from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien?".
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:14 pm

Yeah, I'm watching it right now. Boy, I was actually really disappointed to find that my character wasn't really original.

Eitherway, the character design has changed somewhat from when I drew that, most noticeably her hair gets longer.

Many of the characters I created take certain traits from other anime characters, as that's how I've learned to draw. I might upload some other ones later on to show you what I mean.

Thanks for looking at my pictures though :]

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:26 pm

Pas1990 wrote:Yeah, I'm watching it right now
If you're sensitive,be careful with episode 2.. :cry:
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:58 pm

I'm up to episode 8 already. Too bad I read the wiki before starting it... :[

Damn curiosity.

Anyways, seeing as I don't have a scanner at home, I have to wait until wednesday before I can scan my drawings at school.

Also, they won't be in glorious colour, well, not until I decide to photoshop them that is.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:20 pm

*sorry for the double post

Hmm, I just got a drawing tablet off my friend yesterday and decided to try it out today.

It's really quite awesome, it means I can draw without having to scan my images to upload them.

It is a little different from drawing on real paper, but it's not too hard to get the jist of.

I just quickly drew this sketch up in the past 10 minutes, and out of excitement decided to upload it. Nothing special, I'll go back to cleaning/improving it later on, and maybe adding colour later.

For now though, this is all I've got:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1198/141 ... 66d3_o.jpg

(Yeah, as you may already have noticed, the character design is based on Haruhi Suzumiya. The hair is altered, and the eyes were more off Shakugan no SHANA, although their styles are fairly similar. Uniform was initally inspired from To-LOVE-Ru, but it went through heavy alteration)

I'm trying to get much faster at drawing. The drawing tablet kinda slowed me down, but I guess I'll have to get used to it now rather than later. I'm trying to improve my speed so that I can draw something like this in under 2 minutes.

I see this thread has 200 views but not many replies, but I'm glad that people took the time to look at it at least.

If you have any feedback, comments or criticism, feel free to let me know.

Cheers.

[MOD17: Oversized image converted to link. Please read the screencap <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39788">Forum Rules</a>.]

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:56 am

I draw with a tablet and I must say it is pretty awesome isn't it? :)

I wouldn't try and speed up your drawing time if I were you. If you draw something really well in 10 minutes, then you just draw in ten minutes. I'd rather draw something really nice in 30 minutes than a bunch of really crappy things in two. Quality over quantity. :)
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:57 am

kikai_saigono wrote:I wouldn't try and speed up your drawing time if I were you. If you draw something really well in 10 minutes, then you just draw in ten minutes. I'd rather draw something really nice in 30 minutes than a bunch of really crappy things in two. Quality over quantity. :)
Tis awesome :D

Also, the reason I'm trying to improve speed is because I really want to try starting this manga I've been planning for awhile, and if I spend say, 20 minutes per drawing, it would take me over a week to get a page done.

Anyway, I've managed to clean up the image, but it's 2am in the morning, and I can't be bothered uploading it just yet.

Will be uploaded today sometime, and then hopefully coloured afterwards.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:16 pm

*sorry for the double post

Geh, me again. Woke up this morning and decided to upload the image.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1256/142 ... 3841_o.jpg

This took me about half an hour to clean up, I even redrew little parts which I didn't like. I've been colouring it in this afternoon, hopefully I can get it done by tonight sometime if I don't lose interest.

Once again, any feedback is welcome :)

[MOD17: Oversized image converted to link. Please read the screencap <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39788">Forum Rules</a>.]

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:21 am

*sorry for the triple post... >_>

Anyway, here's draft 3, with some base colour added after the clean up. This is where it gets difficult, as I'm partially colour blind.

If anyone has any thoughts on some good colours to use, their advice would be more than welcome, as I'm kinda struggling to find a colour to go with the uniform. The colours that I have chosen so far I liked (and my mum helped me pick the colour of the uniform <_<;;

Anyways, sorry to whoever MOD17 is, I have read the forum rules, but didn't notice that my images were 11 pixels over the limit. I was more looking at file size sorry :/

This time however, I made it 550 x 799 :D

Return to “Anime Screencaps”