Anime cameo

This forum is for posting images from anime shows. Please read the posting rules before posting in this forum.

Anime cameo

Postby lister007 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:45 am

Basically, I can only think of a few cameo roles for anime characters, for example FF characters in kingdom hearts, anyone know of any 'real' cameos that are not widely known, also provide the screen caps is the point!

Cheers!
Spatchcock..........A dressed and split chicken for roasting or grilling on a spit.
Bring it
Berserk or crazy...??? (image shack sucks will have a banner for this too when it doesn't!)
lister007

Postby Psygnius » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:21 am

As mentioned in the first page of the Death Note thread, 4 Death Note characters make a cameo in Full Metal Panic: TSR episode 6.

Psygnius

Postby lister007 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:24 am

cool, would not have seen that myself :x
Spatchcock..........A dressed and split chicken for roasting or grilling on a spit.
Bring it
Berserk or crazy...??? (image shack sucks will have a banner for this too when it doesn't!)
lister007

Postby angelx03 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:50 am

Of course that begs the question. What if Kyoto Animation animated Death Note? I can imagine it'll be far more creepy, they'll make Misa more useful, and they probably make the dull arcs more exciting.

Oh I can dream, can't I..... :o
ImageImage
angelx03

Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL

Postby Psygnius » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:46 pm

I've also heard there are cameos of Tenchi Muyo and El Hazard of each other in each other. Like the teacher from El Hazard is like Tenchi's college teacher or something, and you see Tenchi Muyo billboards or something in El Hazard.

However, I have never seen either of the series so I wouldn't know.
Psygnius

Postby godix » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:05 pm

I don't recall which anime it was in but one of Ghibli's movies has a ton of cameos from other ghibli movies. I think it was Pom Poko and they showed Kiki, Totoro, Porco Rosso, etc. Don't have a screenshot of it though.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Willen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:26 pm

In Air, 3 of the girls from Kanon (Ayu, Nayuki, and Makoto) make an appearance as Misuzu's classmates in episode 2.

Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby Minion » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:27 pm

i've spotted 2 cops in a car from megazone23 that look like lupin and jigen.
the lupin shows up a couple of more times after being killed.
i think it's part 2
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby LantisEscudo » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:31 pm

godix wrote:I don't recall which anime it was in but one of Ghibli's movies has a ton of cameos from other ghibli movies. I think it was Pom Poko and they showed Kiki, Totoro, Porco Rosso, etc. Don't have a screenshot of it though.

I do.

Kiki, from Kiki's Delivery Service:

Marco, from Porco Rosso:

Totoro, from My Neighbor Totoro and Taeko, from Only Yesterday:
LantisEscudo

Postby Psygnius » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:45 pm

Sawa from Kite cameos in Mezzo Forte

Psygnius

Postby aesling » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:00 pm

Psygnius wrote:As mentioned in the first page of the Death Note thread, 4 Death Note characters make a cameo in Full Metal Panic: TSR episode 6.

I totally need to rewatch that episode now :shock:
aesling
Mad Scientist

Postby x_rex30 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:20 pm

Psygnius wrote:Sawa from Kite cameos in Mezzo Forte

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/612/sawajw7.jpg
And her gun, if that counts.
x_rex30

Postby x_rex30 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:21 pm

ah fudge. Only meant to quote the text.. forgot about the image >.<
x_rex30

Postby Willen » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:10 am

Another instance where KyoAni has stuck in cameos from another anime. This time the anime is The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and the cameo appearances are of Kaede and Asa from Shuffle! They appear on the cover of a copy of Comptiq magazine (left) that Haruhi holds up briefly (the magazine on the right, Comp Ace features a cover by the creators of Shuffle!, Navel).

Both magazines that the stories of TMoHS and Shuffle! appear in (The Sneaker and Comptiq, respectively) are published by Kadokawa Shoten.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!

Postby kikai_saigono » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:58 am

I don't know if this counts as 'cameo' since it's still the same characters from the same show...but in Gravitation, Shuichi holds up a magazine and says "Have you read this one? It's my so called 'fav.'". And on the cover are him and Yuki together. o.O If I can scrounge up a picture later I'll post it, but it's not really 'cameo'.....
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.
kikai_saigono

Return to Anime Screencaps