Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai

Postby Jasta85 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:59 pm

wow, Kyousuke is a complete pimp now, and we got to see the Ayase route finish. Loved how Kuroneko sent her imouto familiar over to keep an eye on him.

really hope we get a 3rd season soon, had to wait 2.5 years in between season 1 and 2
Jasta85

Postby purplepolecat » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Jasta85 wrote:we got to see the Ayase route finish.

Good thing he didn't get Yandere Ayase. She would not have taken it well.
Spoiler :
Kyousuke: "Sorry, but there's someone else I love."
Ayase: <produces kitchen knife> "WHO IS IT? Never mind, I'll kill them all, just to be sure. Then I'll come back for you, and we can watch my favorite movie, Audition."

I felt that the last episode spent too much time wallowing in harem tropes. I know it's meant as a joke, that his life has turned into an ero-game, but it was played straight for so long that it stopped being funny.
purplepolecat

Postby requiett » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:44 pm

SHUT. DOWN.
requiett

Postby requiett » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

purplepolecat wrote:
Jasta85 wrote:we got to see the Ayase route finish.

Good thing he didn't get Yandere Ayase. She would not have taken it well.
Spoiler :
Kyousuke: "Sorry, but there's someone else I love."
Ayase: <produces kitchen knife> "WHO IS IT? Never mind, I'll kill them all, just to be sure. Then I'll come back for you, and we can watch my favorite movie, Audition."

I felt that the last episode spent too much time wallowing in harem tropes. I know it's meant as a joke, that his life has turned into an ero-game, but it was played straight for so long that it stopped being funny.

It'd be funnier if it became completely self aware too, like the characters making references to the scenario as that specific genre.
requiett

Postby 8bit_samurai » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:13 am

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonight.

/violin

I would've been rooting for Manami like last season, but she hardly had any screentime this time around.
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Postby Miaka999 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:25 am

great anime and am enjoying it
Miaka999

Postby guy07 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Oh man I just saw great potential in Megane-girl for a Yandere character. Route set. Imagination, do your thing!
guy07

Postby kireblue » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:37 am

Season 2 was great, so I was expecting it to end with a little more of a bang. But the last episode was still nice though. It just seems like something that you would start off with instead of ending with. Maybe there is gonna be another OVA or something.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby mirkosp » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 am

kireblue wrote:Maybe there is gonna be another OVA or something.

They announced that they are gonna show 3 ONA episodes (which will conclude the story) this August. The announcement was made before the TV series even started airing, I believe.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Jasta85 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:34 pm

that was a good last ep to finish off the season, liked seeing the evolution of Kirino, explains a lot. How far have the novels gotten beyond this? is there enough material for a possible 3rd season?

btw, I loved seeing baby kirino going all otaku in front of the TV at manami's house. her face always cracks me up. and her crying on her way back from seeing manami, wanted to give her a hug.

It seems a lot of the best anime series are the ones based on light novels. unlike manga they actually have to have decent script/character/story in order to get an audience, they can't rely just on art like a lot of manga does.
Jasta85

Postby mirkosp » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:47 pm

The novels have officially ended. The last three episodes will conclude the story. With the blurays they will release an extra volume of the novel as a sort of epilogue.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Jasta85 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:17 pm

aww, always sad to see a series end, oh well, at least we get to see the whole story in animated form, almost all anime never end up finishing the whole story from the source material. In fact I can probably only think of maybe a dozen at most that ever have completely finished
Jasta85

Postby purplepolecat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:53 am

The OVA episodes are out now. I watched them, and now I feel bad. I will no longer be recommending this series to people.

Spoiler :
Seriously, Kyouske? You just turned down four girls who were all way better than you deserve, just so you can have 2 weeks of "romance" and a fake wedding with your sister, who is a complete bitch. People called you out on how stupid you were being, and you agreed with them, but it's OK because "Incest FTW." More like "Incest WTF."

Maybe this ending is intentionally bad to persuade people to buy the game and create an ending they can live with.

Posted from the good ship Kuroneko, going down with no survivors.
purplepolecat

Postby Jasta85 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

purplepolecat wrote:The OVA episodes are out now. I watched them, and now I feel bad. I will no longer be recommending this series to people.

Spoiler :
Seriously, Kyouske? You just turned down four girls who were all way better than you deserve, just so you can have 2 weeks of "romance" and a fake wedding with your sister, who is a complete bitch. People called you out on how stupid you were being, and you agreed with them, but it's OK because "Incest FTW." More like "Incest WTF."

Maybe this ending is intentionally bad to persuade people to buy the game and create an ending they can live with.

Posted from the good ship Kuroneko, going down with no survivors.

wow, harsh. I wasn't all that happy with the ending either but to be honest I realized a while back that I wouldn't be completely satisfied no matter who he ended up with.

Spoiler :
These last 3 episodes really tugged on my heart strings (mainly the Kuroneko and Manami rejection scenes) and the fact that a series can get you emotionally invested in multiple characters is usually a sign that it's a good one.

As for kyosuke rejecting the other girls for Kirino, he honestly should do that if he loves her. Starting a relationship with one girl when you love another could end up poisoning it down the road. That's basically what ended up happening with Kuroneko.

As for the incest part, I think this series did a better job of carrying the theme than just about any other. Most wincest series usually have 1 dimensional characters who don't really ever change, they love each other from the beginning of the series and end up happily ever after at the end. This series has their relationship evolve over time and at the end they were realistic in that they weren't be able to stay together.

Anyway, while the ending was bittersweet (emphasis on the bitter) and I'm not really happy with it I'm also not disappointed either. I'm just kind of sad it's over.

edit: on a side note, I loved the manami vs Kirino fight in the end, as well as how cold manami was when she took off her glasses. And how she crushed Kyoskue. "What if I tell your father about you two?" :rofl:
Then I wanted to cry when she started crying and begging him, damnit series, stop playing with my heart. :cry:
Jasta85

Postby mirkosp » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 pm

The one thing I was looking forward the most about this ending was seeing the reactions around.
I was not disappointed.

mirkosp
MODkip

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion