The World God Only Knows

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
kenisama
Org Profile

Re: The World God Only Knows

Post by kenisama » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:58 pm

Episode 12 is fail. At least they have a chance at redemption with season 2.
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:07 pm

In some stupid, stupid way, I was impressed with Keima in ep 12. I dont think thats a good thing. =_=

I havent read the manga, so Im assuming this was an ep made for the anime to close the season out. It certainly was a little strange in comparison to other eps.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:18 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:I havent read the manga, so Im assuming this was an ep made for the anime to close the season out.
It actually is taken pretty much as is from the manga. I can't remember which chapter it was, though.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:08 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:I havent read the manga, so Im assuming this was an ep made for the anime to close the season out.
It actually is taken pretty much as is from the manga. I can't remember which chapter it was, though.
it was taken from the manga but it was a very short section, and was stretched into an entire episode. They needed a filler to complete the ending so it's understandable, although personally I think it would have been better to take 2 short independent chapters from the series and have one in each half of the ep, would be humorous without having just one idea drawn out.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Jasta85 wrote:.. it would have been better to take 2 short ind. chpters and have one in each half of the ep, ..
.. they have done this "before" and no one caught it!
.. the remaking of "Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden" To the Scenery I Once Dreamt of Season 1 Ep 12 & 13.

;; Sherman -- set the way-back machine to the final episode of Mahoro Season 1 ending:
.. everyone had gathered for a picnic. Mahoro knows she only has time for one more season before
she'll quit working. All the girls are sitting on tree limbs when they ask her, "what are you going to do?"
.. the picture fades to black; a quick scene from her eyes "falling from the tree" while staring at Suguru ..
a TV scene unfolds while everyone is calling-out her name, "Mahoro .. .. .. " .. the image now changes
to Mahoro carrying Suguru to safety FULL-FILLING her promise to keep him from danger as her computer
mind is shutting-down with a happy ending to her life. ( the core-dump of a computers final minutes. )
.. now .. anyone who caught the first episode of the second season of Mahoro knows that THAT was
not the actual happenings of that day however; it could have been understood/taken "that way" if they
had let the ending remain "that way" ..

.. in our series, the 12th episode concludes that he somehow made-it to the land of dreams .. it would
be heaven to many many people. After all that he has gone through, PSP-3000 VS Reality and a girl
who only wants to keep a choke-chain around his neck, finding a way-out is a reasonable conclusion.

.. Humorous or not, that IS his reality. She won't let him go and he knows that she is too out-of-date to
be of any use to the living .. he most likely has given-up on reality as being anything useful. after all,
he doesn't hate her and he doesn't want to see her hurt. He just doesn't like the circumstances which
are currently being played-out on has behalf. .. .. solution, Dive Into A World Of Pleasure and not come
back-out!

.. When this scenario was first tryed in Mahoro's 2nd season, it blew-up "right in their faces": The
second ending was more cruel then the first: he ended-up alone for more that 10 years only to find on
his death bed that she was still alive. Andriods are programmed "not to get involved with humans whenever
possible" which didn't matter to him; he just wanted to know that she was alright! As he lay dieing, she gets
a new assignment. She couldn't understand what the attraction was and He couldn't understand what all
the secrecy was all about!

.. now enters "the World only Gods know" and these same values are being put to the test again!

.. In both series, someone is trying to escape from reality. Mahoro made the mistake of using human reasoning
as her down-fall. In this series the mistake can be summed-up as, "God Only Knows"?? .. no ones going to buy
that one!!!!

.. The key to this series was the impossible assistant who called upon someone who really doesn't care for
people. All he wants is "what's available to him" if "he answers the questions right!" In his world, THAT is all
life can "afford to be expected" -- for he has never seen anything any other way to live!!! To him, he has
reached his rewards, "not more games!" 8-)

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:18 pm

.. About bloody time T_T
"The World God Only Knows II" is finally out with Episode 01 ^__^

We have a new Mage ( yes yes yes!! )

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:11 pm

"About bloody time"? I can think of like 5 other shows which had continuations be created 5x the length it took for this second season to happen. This was such a short wait. xD

'Watched episode 1 of Season 2. Did they up the fanservice? o-0 I don't recall the manga chapters for this girl so... blatantly fanservice-filled.
I also don't remember Parsley dudes from the manga. That was kinda weird and not really funny (unless parsley's title in Japan means something else... ?)

But the new OP was fabulous, and I'm excited for when the teacher gets captured (to see it animated). xD :3
(Also, ffffffadorablecat <3 ).

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: The World God Only Knows II

Post by mirkosp » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Since S2 has started, I updated the topic to reflect that. :nose:

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm

S2 Ep 06 .. by`GOD -- she's cute!!!
.. guys; could you imagine if she wanted to be your girl?

she likes one guy and likes the guy whose teaching her!!

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 26, 2011 1:22 pm

I finished season one and am now following season 2. I'm actually really impressed by this anime. It's refreshing to see some interesting themes. I personally don't like Keiji that much, but I find his personality interesting.

Every time I think he has some character development, it goes violently out the window.

I do, however, hope that he manages to delve more into the real world before everything is said and done.

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”