Angel Beats!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Angel Beats!

Postby Megamom » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:18 pm

This anime was regular, I don´t like the last episodie... 5/10 for me, no more!!!
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
Megamom

Postby ZephyrStar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:36 am

Good times.
Spoiler :
I think I got a lump in my throat for Yuri's departure as well as Kanade's. The graduation ceremony was awesome. Other than that, a sortof meh forced ending, but was to be expected. The scene after the credits though, FUCK YEAH. I wanna know what happened to Hinata and Yui. And TK and Shina. DON'T STOP DANCING
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby Megamom » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:38 pm

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
Megamom

Postby Sukunai » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:52 am

Hmm I should watch after the credits more often :)
Anime, one of the few things about the internet that doesn't make me hate the internet.
Sukunai

Postby Infinity Squared » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:18 am

Eh... it's alright... that's about all I can say.
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby Thepooh » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:54 am

Sukunai wrote:Hmm I should watch after the credits more often :)

It's a common rule :p
Twitter (My current project : Neetcafe a social network based on anime & manga :D)
Thepooh

Postby SheeGee » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:58 pm

it was a good series but ending seemed a bit rushed imo :|
SheeGee

Postby NS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:33 am

I actually ended up REALLY liking this series.

Spoiler :
How they were all just people who never achieved as children, and this place was a haven for them to fulfill their lives before moving on... and there were quite a few "HOLY SHIT" moments that made it worth it, like him dying RIGHT when they were about to be saved... and Yuri's siblings actually getting killed.

I really do wish this show had been longer, like 26 episodes, there is SOOOOO much character development left undone that really could have made this great, and there are too many developments that are just SO sudden that they don't have the impact they could have otherwise... but I still DID rather love this show ;__;
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby ZephyrStar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:30 am

For sure.

Spoiler :
Some characters they developed to the point of being really likable and interesting, then didn't do anything with them, like TK and Shiina. I mean, TK was pretty mysterious, some random foreigner that happened to end up there with them. WANT BACKSTORY. Definitely should have been 26 eps. The pacing might have worked very well, plus there would be time to work in more comedic moments.

But I can't complain. Overall the show was pretty enjoyable.
ZephyrStar
Master of Science

Postby NS » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:15 pm

oh yah and the acoustic song in episode 3 WAS totally fuckin' badass... all the songs with the original singer were actually pretty damn good.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:23 am

I arrived a little late to the AB party, but since it came more highly reccomended than God, I decided to check it out [or perhaps it was my friend that tied me to a chair and forced me to watch it].

Gotta say, 6 episodes in, and this is really on its way to my top 10 list. :D
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby kireblue » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:40 am

I'm glad that the Blu-ray includes a creditless opening that still has the red pulse/ flatline. I plan on making 2 Angel Beats AMVs fairly soon.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby kireblue » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:34 pm

I actually meant to ask this months ago. Are people in Japan really OK with naming their daughters "Yuri"? I'm not prejudice against yuri.......it just seems like a awkward name. I mean....what if someone in America flat-out named their daughter "Lesbian"? When the series first came out, you couldn't even google "yuri angel beats" without getting yuri of Yuri and Kandae (Angel at the time).
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Enigma » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm

kireblue wrote:I actually meant to ask this months ago. Are people in Japan really OK with naming their daughters "Yuri"? I'm not prejudice against yuri.......it just seems like a awkward name. I mean....what if someone in America flat-out named their daughter "Lesbian"? When the series first came out, you couldn't even google "yuri angel beats" without getting yuri of Yuri and Kandae (Angel at the time).

there was an incident here where a person was named lesbian :mrgreen:
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby CodeZTM » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm

kireblue wrote:I actually meant to ask this months ago. Are people in Japan really OK with naming their daughters "Yuri"? I'm not prejudice against yuri.......it just seems like a awkward name. I mean....what if someone in America flat-out named their daughter "Lesbian"? When the series first came out, you couldn't even google "yuri angel beats" without getting yuri of Yuri and Kandae (Angel at the time).

i thought that Yuri and Yaoi were american designated things, bastardized by some japanese term. :uhoh:

REally, Kionon is the best person to ask that to.

Plus, it might be like our American Mary Marie and Merry. Just assuming though.

Spoiler :
So... In the ending... Kanade and Otonoshi were reincarnated and Kanade's humming of those lyrics reminded Otonshi of them in the past? Does this possibly mean that the band members were reincarnated back as well and had a hit song? :D I can hope, can't I?

WHY WAS THERE NO TK BACKSTORY. YOU BASTARDS. I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT TK.

Same with ninja lady. She probably had a very interesting backstory. :lol:

EDIT: ZOMG

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion