Angel Beats!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Taite
Org Profile

Re: Angel Beats!

Post by Taite » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 am

Code wrote:
EDIT: ZOMG

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k275/ ... 616519.jpg

OOOOOOH MUUUUUUHHHH GOOODNEEEEESSSS
:ying:

Anyhow, I liked it. Don't get what the fuss is. 8/10, just cuz it's missing stuff. Tell me how all the characters died, damnit! I also want to see the characters in their next life...
Image Image

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:58 am

George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:15 pm

kenisama wrote:Good News!!!
Hells yeah.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:20 am

This was probably the funniest episode in the entire series. It wasn't the "Everything will be revealed and all questions will be answered" epilogue that I was hoping for, but even so, it was so worth the wait. I really hope that there will be something in the future that will explain the series finale though.

Note: the current release is a low video quality one by Mazui, but they said that they plan to eventually have a 720P version available. Even so, I feel that the quality of the current release is bearable.

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:22 am

I noticed at the very end of the episode it said, "Bad End" So I wonder if they're making another special for a "Good End"
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:20 am

kenisama wrote:I noticed at the very end of the episode it said, "Bad End" So I wonder if they're making another special for a "Good End"
Yeah, I noticed that two.

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:14 am

Just finished watching "Another Epilogue"
Spoiler :
it's only 2 minutes long
as far as this episode goes...
Spoiler :
it seems to conflict with what you see at the end of the credits for episode 13???

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile

Post by 8bit_samurai » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:38 am

What.
kenisama wrote:Just finished watching "Another Epilogue"
Spoiler :
it's only 2 minutes long
Spoiler :
Yeah... It kinda seemed like a deleted scene or something...
kenisama wrote:as far as this episode goes...
Spoiler :
it seems to conflict with what you see at the end of the credits for episode 13???
Spoiler :
I always thought it was an isolated incident that coulda happened anytime during the series, or something like that.
Don't know if want...
Under Construction

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:46 am

Spoiler :
I wonder if Otanashi decided to stay in limbo all that time in order to wait for Kanade to live her life and eventually die. Maybe he knew that even with his heart, she could only live for a short period of time. And when Kanade died, she knew that Otanashi was waiting for her, so even though she could now accept her death, she walked through limbo in search of him. If that's true, then the epilogue at the end of 13 may actually be 2-3 years after "Another Epilogue".

This is the only explanation that I could think of. The girl at the end of "Another Epilogue" did say that he was waiting for someone. Who else would he wait for since everyone else went to heaven?

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Spoiler :
that's true, but with the belief of reincarnation, that would mean if Kanade was reborn, it'd be a whole lot more than 2-3 years and I'd think all of them would have been reborn as well, so all of them would still have the possibility of passing through limbo as well... which in a way would be cool for a sequel, but then it would lose it's initial appeal, plus they'd have no reason to fight the system, at least from a viewer point of view :uhoh:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”