Durarara!!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Durarara!!

Postby EkaCoralian » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:50 am

Spoiler :
I saw a split second of Shziuo lying on the cement bleeding to death in the preview for episode 22, but when I actually saw the event, I was actually a little disappointed: I kind of wanted to see the battle: not just some scared Yellow Scarves members running away from a half-dead Shizuo. :\

Otherwise, 22 was gewd.
EkaCoralian

Postby Mastamind » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Great episode, can't wait for the next one :up: However I'm having trouble believing that the show will be over in just two episodes. The complete cast as shown in the opening hasn't even been introduced yet (Kasuka Heiwajima, and the police guy whom they added to the OP but still hasn't made an appearance this second season) and the story's still lacking sufficient coverage in certain areas. I'm hoping for another season at least, I really do not want to see this ending rushed.
Mastamind

Postby kireblue » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Mastamind wrote:Great episode, can't wait for the next one :up: However I'm having trouble believing that the show will be over in just two episodes. The complete cast as shown in the opening hasn't even been introduced yet (Kasuka Heiwajima, and the police guy whom they added to the OP but still hasn't made an appearance this second season) and the story's still lacking sufficient coverage in certain areas. I'm hoping for another season at least, I really do not want to see this ending rushed.

Both of those characters were already introduced. The police guy is the sole reason why Celty always talks about how scary the police are. And Heiwajiima was introduced in Shizuo's flashback episode right?
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Ahem...

Spoiler :
YOU BASTARDS! IF YOU KILL SHIZOU, I WILL KILL U DEAD.

RAEGRAEGRAEGRAEG

Nobody in this anime needs to die. NOBODY. IT IS NOT NEEDED YOU BASTARD WRITERS.

/eagerly awaits the next episode
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Mastamind » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Ah, I'd forgotten about Kasuka's appearance. That's been making me uneasy :lol: And sure, the cop has been shown but I've sort of been expecting another appearance; iirc his encounter with Celty was in the first season, not this one. I don't see why they'd add him to the OP and give his name, only to not have him appear after that.
Mastamind

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:06 am

Yeah, Kasuka and the police guy were shown in two episodes. I have a feeling this show'll need a second season, anyways: they still haven't introduced that blonde girl that Shizuo knows. And besides, Shinra's dad has only appeared, what, maybe twice? He's in the OP as well.

There's also the DRRR! specials to look forward to, though (hoping they get subbed.)
EkaCoralian

Postby Taite » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Without a doubt, 22 was the most intense episode ever. But.......
Spoiler :
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!!!!!!!!
SHIZUO! ;___________;
I already know what's gunna happen, but I can't help but feel so completely sad and disappointed that one of my favorite characters was shot.
Image Image
Taite

Postby Mastamind » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:14 pm

23 = Best episode ever.
Spoiler :
Well, Shizuo's ok, but after watching the ending of the episode that seems not-so-important. 24 has to be one hell of an episode too, if this is to conclude properly.
Mastamind

Postby Darklydone » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I choked on my breakfast when shizzy was explaining what happened to him.
The one legged space chicken is after me again.
Darklydone

Postby Taite » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:10 pm

There's no way there's not gunna be a second season. They're not even half way through the light novels yet. :shock:

Oh, and yeah, 23 = smex. Wait, no... Durarara!! = smex.
Image Image
Taite

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 pm

I'm resisting the urge to spoil the episode for me. I'm gonna wait for a high quality version so I don't vomit like I did last week. >_<
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Darklydone » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 am

Taite wrote:There's no way there's not gunna be a second season. ...

Wouldn't it be a third season then?
The one legged space chicken is after me again.
Darklydone

Postby Taite » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:44 pm

Darklydone wrote:
Taite wrote:There's no way there's not gunna be a second season. ...

Wouldn't it be a third season then?

Actually, if they were to follow the light novels all the way, then there'd be 3+ seasons, seeing as how the light novels themselves are still being written.
And considering its success in Japan, they'd have no problem doing 3+ seasons, but who knows :roll:
Image Image
Taite

Postby EkaCoralian » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:57 am

They've still yet to really introduce that Kinnosuke Police guy, anyways. So yeah, second season please.

Episode 23's ending was AWESOME.
Spoiler :
I can't believe Kida actually took that crap. Also, the current "leader" of the "Yellow Scarves" sure does have interesting vocal range, doesn't he? xD
EkaCoralian

Postby Taite » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:29 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:They've still yet to really introduce that Kinnosuke Police guy, anyways. So yeah, second season please.

They have like... way over 5 people to introduce still :shock:

spoilerspoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler for srs
Spoiler :
Main-er characters:
Vorona, Mairu, Kururi, Hijiribe Ruri (seen singing in one episode, but srsly, she has an awesome part in the future), Rokujou Chikage, Aoba Kuronuma, Awakusu Akane, Yadogiri Jinnai + more people/maybe dullahans
Lesser main:
Slon, Ran Izumii (mentioned in 23, not yet scene), Igor, Shiki, Tsukumoya Shinichi, Awakusu Mikiya, other Baccano! characters, plus a ton of other minor people.

If they don't introduce the Main-er characters....

spoilerspoilerspoilerspoiler for srs
Spoiler :
I mean, all of them. Vorona is pretty awesome, some of you already know why; Mairu and Kururi are Izaya's sisters for god-sake, of course they're awesome; Hijiribe Ruri... I reaaallly don't want to spoil it for anyone, but she's gunna be pretty awesome; Chikage is hot, and he's got a real cool part to play; Aoba is... I can't say it, way too much of a spoiler; Awakusu Akane is really cute and is going to play a major part for Shizuo and Izaya; and Yadogiri... well, I wish he never existed because he.... AAAAAAAH!!!!!!! DDDDDDDDDDDDD: asdgjftalkjgkvlajgj To me, it's even more (slighttttttttttttly) depressing than Shizuo getting shot...... ;______________;

....I'm going to be reaaaaaaalleh mad.

Oh, and I don't think Kinnosuke Kuzuhara has that main of a role anyhow, but he was introduced.
Image Image
Taite

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion