Durarara!!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Re: Durarara!!

Postby Taite » Sun May 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Stupid fanart! Spoiling everything for me! D:
If this is true, then some other things are probably true too.... NUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!~
Image Image
Taite

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun May 02, 2010 6:19 pm

Reached episode 16 today (had to catch up after a few weeks of negligence.)
This series is just awesome. If its ending could be executed well, I'm giving it a 10. Though I don't think the manga is finished, so I'm questioning the ending's hopefully future greatness. :\

Shizuo still ranks number 1 as my favorite character of the show. :mrgreen:
EkaCoralian

Postby Ishbalan » Sun May 02, 2010 7:05 pm

@Taite
Moral: Fanart is poison.

No one slipped me any hints and I still saw this coming a mile away.
Ishbalan

Postby Taite » Sun May 02, 2010 8:53 pm

tru dat.

EkaCoralian wrote:Reached episode 16 today (had to catch up after a few weeks of negligence.)
This series is just awesome. If its ending could be executed well, I'm giving it a 10. Though I don't think the manga is finished, so I'm questioning the ending's hopefully future greatness. :\

Shizuo still ranks number 1 as my favorite character of the show. :mrgreen:

It's actually based off the light novel (the manga came after the anime) but I agree.
I was reading the light novel awhile ago, and I don't see how they're going to end it. Right now they've animated up to the last chapter of Vol. 2. And I just read up to the last chapter of volume 7 today, and of course, it's still ongoing. I'm hoping they don't try to end it they're own way. I wouldn't mind a 50 episode series at least :)
Image Image
Taite

Postby Megamom » Mon May 03, 2010 1:58 am

Ohhh.... epi 16 was really well!!! :)
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
Megamom

Postby kireblue » Fri May 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Episode 17 Spoilers
Spoiler :
YES! Cursed Blades vs Dollars vs Yellow Scarves.

I'm putting my money on the Dollars simply because they have Celty, and possibly Simon. But on the other hand, the Cursed Blades can endlessly bring more and more people to their side....and possibly even Shizuo. (I think that it was his voice that Anri heard in her head) And then when considering that the Yellow Scarves have infiltrated the other two groups, this war can go either way. I never thought that the series would come down to a battle between the three main characters. Its funny how they are fighting to protect each other by unknowingly fighting against each other.

Oh and by far, the best part of the episode was when Anri was like "I'm about to do something awful to you. I won't apologize. I know its not fair. But it can't be helped" I laughed so hard. Anri receives 100 bad ass points for that line
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Taite » Fri May 07, 2010 4:09 pm

My love for Masaomi has increased.
Spoiler :
He looks awesome with a yellow scarf. And damn, I've been waiting for him to meet up with Izaya again! Gaaaah!~
I can't wait for the next episode x_x
Image Image
Taite

Postby GH » Fri May 07, 2010 6:03 pm

sounds good, i'm gonna' check out the couple first episodes later on.
GH

Postby Mastamind » Fri May 07, 2010 10:28 pm

I decided to check this out because I liked Baccano!, and I'm glad I did. This show is just epic :up:
It took me just a few days to get up to date with it, and now that I've seen episode 17 I don't feel like waiting a week for the next one :x
/waits impatiently
Mastamind

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun May 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Can't stop loving this show, holy jeez. :up:

I think I'll look into Baccano now, because of this.
EkaCoralian

Postby kireblue » Sun May 09, 2010 5:54 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:Can't stop loving this show, holy jeez. :up:

I think I'll look into Baccano now, because of this.

you should definitely do that. Baccano is the type of series that never gets old because every time you watch it, you learn something new about the characters. I own the DVDs, so I've actually marathoned the series at least 5 different times.
kireblue

Postby kireblue » Fri May 14, 2010 1:45 pm

I had no idea that walker was so bad ass.
Spoiler :
kireblue

Postby Taite » Fri May 14, 2010 10:24 pm

I'm so in love with this series. <3 There hasn't even been a second where my eyes wandered from the screen while watching Durarara!! I've been waiting for this episode too! ;_____;
I can't put its greatness into words. I'mso captivated by how every episode brings in some new piece of information that makes it dramatically better. How good will it get?
Image Image
Taite

Postby EkaCoralian » Sun May 16, 2010 10:18 pm

I've heard of (and have seen, in fanart) this one girl who appears to be Shizuo's love interest.
She'd better hurry up and get introduced, already. Shizuo's lonely enough as is. o_o

Episode 18 was good: it was nice hearing a backstory on Kida.
EkaCoralian

Postby Haeresis » Mon May 17, 2010 7:11 pm

EkaCoralian wrote:I've heard of (and have seen, in fanart) this one girl who appears to be Shizuo's love interest.
She'd better hurry up and get introduced, already. Shizuo's lonely enough as is. o_o

Episode 18 was good: it was nice hearing a backstory on Kida.

If she's blond, I'm pretty sure that you're talking about Vorona. She's not really Shizuo's love interest(people tend to ship ShizuoxVorona a lot though); she's more of kouhai I guess since they work together. But from what I have heard, she doesn't appear until later in the story so she might not appear this season. Hopefully they'll make a second series after the light novel gets finished so more of the characters get introduced like

Spoiler :
Izaya's sisters and Akane.

This is quite possibly the only show that hasn't lost my interest and keeps my eyes glued to the screen.
Haeresis

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion