Durarara!!

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Re: Durarara!!

Post by EkaCoralian » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:50 am

Spoiler :
I saw a split second of Shziuo lying on the cement bleeding to death in the preview for episode 22, but when I actually saw the event, I was actually a little disappointed: I kind of wanted to see the battle: not just some scared Yellow Scarves members running away from a half-dead Shizuo. :\
Otherwise, 22 was gewd.

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Great episode, can't wait for the next one :up: However I'm having trouble believing that the show will be over in just two episodes. The complete cast as shown in the opening hasn't even been introduced yet (Kasuka Heiwajima, and the police guy whom they added to the OP but still hasn't made an appearance this second season) and the story's still lacking sufficient coverage in certain areas. I'm hoping for another season at least, I really do not want to see this ending rushed.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Mastamind wrote:Great episode, can't wait for the next one :up: However I'm having trouble believing that the show will be over in just two episodes. The complete cast as shown in the opening hasn't even been introduced yet (Kasuka Heiwajima, and the police guy whom they added to the OP but still hasn't made an appearance this second season) and the story's still lacking sufficient coverage in certain areas. I'm hoping for another season at least, I really do not want to see this ending rushed.
Both of those characters were already introduced. The police guy is the sole reason why Celty always talks about how scary the police are. And Heiwajiima was introduced in Shizuo's flashback episode right?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Ahem...
Spoiler :
YOU BASTARDS! IF YOU KILL SHIZOU, I WILL KILL U DEAD.

RAEGRAEGRAEGRAEG

Nobody in this anime needs to die. NOBODY. IT IS NOT NEEDED YOU BASTARD WRITERS.
/eagerly awaits the next episode

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Ah, I'd forgotten about Kasuka's appearance. That's been making me uneasy :lol: And sure, the cop has been shown but I've sort of been expecting another appearance; iirc his encounter with Celty was in the first season, not this one. I don't see why they'd add him to the OP and give his name, only to not have him appear after that.

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:06 am

Yeah, Kasuka and the police guy were shown in two episodes. I have a feeling this show'll need a second season, anyways: they still haven't introduced that blonde girl that Shizuo knows. And besides, Shinra's dad has only appeared, what, maybe twice? He's in the OP as well.

There's also the DRRR! specials to look forward to, though (hoping they get subbed.)

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Without a doubt, 22 was the most intense episode ever. But.......
Spoiler :
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!!!!!!!!
SHIZUO! ;___________;
I already know what's gunna happen, but I can't help but feel so completely sad and disappointed that one of my favorite characters was shot.
Image Image

Mastamind
Org Profile

Post by Mastamind » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:14 pm

23 = Best episode ever.
Spoiler :
Well, Shizuo's ok, but after watching the ending of the episode that seems not-so-important. 24 has to be one hell of an episode too, if this is to conclude properly.

Darklydone
Org Profile

Post by Darklydone » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I choked on my breakfast when shizzy was explaining what happened to him.
The one legged space chicken is after me again.

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:10 pm

There's no way there's not gunna be a second season. They're not even half way through the light novels yet. :shock:

Oh, and yeah, 23 = smex. Wait, no... Durarara!! = smex.
Image Image

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”